PDA

View Full Version : FB and neighbors

Edensmum
10-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Sigh, I should know better than to accept a friendship from my neighbors. I need to put them all on restricted profile and block them from my stream. I like them fine in person, but I really don't need to know that they feel that being anything other than Christian is a failing or flaw and clearly a wrong doing. How unbelievably arrogant and hateful, wow.

Melbel
10-07-2011, 08:47 AM
I actually appreciate seeing the good, bad and ugly on FB. It gives me insights into character and values that I may have missed in person. I have been able to avoid some real wackos, and steer my kids away too (i.e. avoid play dates at certain households). But for FB, I would have had no idea that they held such extreme values. In one case, a mom was venting on FB about how one of her kids' friends MUST have STOLEN a Christmas ornament off of their tree (with no evidence this was the case, it was simply missing). I was so happy my child had not been there! Now that you have this info, however, it would probably be a good idea to restrict access if it is offensive.

glbb35
10-08-2011, 11:25 AM
FB is a funny thing. We had a former sitter who was a facebook friend and I loved when she would post that she was out partying with the gang and then tell me in the morning that she couldn't come in to work b/c she wasn't feeling well. Yeah, hungover and not feeling well. How stupid do you think I am? Got rid of her in a hurry!
I agree with the previous poster about people's true colors coming out. We had (I will call her a "friend") and she worked for us part time. She always talked about how religious she was and everything she did was b/c of this. What a crock of bull$$$$. She would tell me one thing and then post a completely different thing. Ex. She was scheduled to work a week and then at the last minute said her DH needed her and she couldn't make it due to his schedule. Then I see posted on FB that she actually drove home to be with friends for a shower and when I read the previous posts, she had actually been telling them she would be there no matter what. she had no intention on ever working. She just lied to keep her job. I felt so used and it has broken our friendship forever. She did this several times over a couple of months before I figured it out and each time her true colors were being written all over FB. I guess she is only a Christian when it suits her. I just am glad that I got to see the real her. She'll continue to con and have everyone think she is so wonderful. IT nowcan't last forever though. :)

B

hellokitty
10-08-2011, 12:44 PM
I agree, that FB allows you to see other aspects of a person that you might not see IRL. I've had some good and bad experiences. Some ppl who I don't know well, really, "bloom" to me on FB. I realize how alike we are in the way we think and parent. Others who I thought were ok, post some crazy stuff. The ones who lie are the worst though, esp when they post their own evidence against their lie. I had one of those, and she didn't just lie to me, but a whole group of friends, and when called out about it, she had a hissy fit and de-friended the rest of us. Oh well, I probably would have de-friended her anyway. She had basically been telling us a bunch of lies for an entire yr and it all caught up to her at the end.

MamaKath
10-10-2011, 07:57 PM
I agree, that FB allows you to see other aspects of a person that you might not see IRL. I've had some good and bad experiences. Some ppl who I don't know well, really, "bloom" to me on FB. I realize how alike we are in the way we think and parent. Others who I thought were ok, post some crazy stuff. The ones who lie are the worst though, esp when they post their own evidence against their lie. I had one of those, and she didn't just lie to me, but a whole group of friends, and when called out about it, she had a hissy fit and de-friended the rest of us. Oh well, I probably would have de-friended her anyway. She had basically been telling us a bunch of lies for an entire yr and it all caught up to her at the end.
:yeahthat: My feelings too. It helps me realize those I really do like and those I wish to stay far far away from. I've had 3 coworkers defriend me and a bunch of others when they realized that fb had shed light onto some rottenness in their characters. I always figure it is their loss. I don't like the new fb anyway so am on pretty rarely, and when I am on I keep things (on my profile) pretty low key.