PDA

View Full Version : If you could have anything at all for dinner tonight, what would it be? (nod to PW)

boolady
10-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Shamelessly copying question from Pioneer Woman's website.

I'm flirting with two options:

My grandmother's pork loin, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes with pumpkin pie for dessert (all from scratch)

A perfectly grilled medium rare hanger steak with a side of Union Square Cafe's mashed turnips with crispy shallots and a great glass of red wine.

I have no idea why both involve red meat...maybe I'm low on iron? Anyway, I thought it might be fun to see what everyone's craving on this Friday afternoon.

crl
10-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Hamburger with French fries (and mayo for sipping the fries) and apple pie.

Catherine

JoyNChrist
10-07-2011, 02:53 PM
A really great medium-rare steak and my aunt's creamed spinach. And champagne. And amaretto cheesecake for dessert.

veronica
10-07-2011, 02:57 PM
FILET MIGNON, MASHED GARLIC POTATOS. BOTTLE of red wine

elbenn
10-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Chicken souvlaki with tzaziki sauce and really scrumptious spanakopita.

boolady
10-07-2011, 02:58 PM
BOTTLE of red wine

Wait, wait! I want to amend my answer to reflect bottle instead of glass, too! What was I thinking?

Pennylane
10-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Bang bang shrimp (bonefish), scalloped potatoes, Miller lite, apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream, YUM!

In reality I will be having Papa Murphys pizza :(

Ann

ZeeBaby
10-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Seafood Alfredo! I always skimp the alfredo sauce and now doing low carb so that would be double bad for me.

sarahsthreads
10-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Olive Garden's pumpkin cheesecake?

Oh, you meant actual dinner food...

My mother's mini meatball soup. (More commonly referred to as Italian Wedding Soup.) My all-time favorite meal, and no matter how hard I try I can't make it nearly as well as she does. :)

In reality we're having pumpkin pancakes for dinner. DH *hates* breakfast for dinner, but the girls love it, so every time he's out of town we have something breakfast-y for dinner at least once!

Sarah :)

boolady
10-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Oh, you meant actual dinner food...

Sarah :)

I meant anything! I wouldn't turn down a slice or two of pumpkin cheesecake in lieu of tonight's planned leftovers.

Jo..
10-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Crab legs and artichokes. I think I just like dipping stuff in butter.

mackmama
10-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Round Table pepperoni pizza :)

Mommy_Mea
10-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Anything dairy. Lasagna, fettuccine alfredo, pizza, ice cream... I am off dairy because DS2 is sensitive to it, and I miss it!! (but I don't miss the spitting up and gassy baby!)

crayonblue
10-07-2011, 03:35 PM
My neighbor back in Maryland made THE BEST Ethiopian food. She knew how much we loved her food, so she would invite us over sometimes or just drop off extras. I would LOVE to have dinner at her house tonight. :)

Don't know the names, but....

the chicken with hard boiled egg dish
the beef dish with red sauce
red lentils
greens
salad with tomatoes and onions
the bread

brittone2
10-07-2011, 03:36 PM
I like your 2nd option. Sounds perfect to me and about what I'd pick right now (w/ the bottle of red, please ;) ) We had some amazing seafood about a month ago on vacation and I think I gorged myself thoroughly on it at that time LOL.

crayonblue
10-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Round Table pepperoni pizza :)

We have a Round Table a mile away. We should try it!

maestramommy
10-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Well, since I'm on on SB, I'd say the steak. But really, they both sound super yummy. I just usually choose steak over pork when I have a choice. :p

buddyleebaby
10-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Crock Pot Roast and mashed potatoes with gravy.
It's on the menu for tomorrow.
Tonight I will have to settle for tacos.

Elilly
10-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Maggianos salad, rigatoni D, and then cheesecake factory Godiva cheesecake for dessert.

infomama
10-07-2011, 05:29 PM
DH's steak, grilled asparagus, parker house rolls with butter, corn fritters (like my dad made). Finish it with a coffee and berries with cream.
Perfection.

SunGreen22
10-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Grilled fish tacos and my MIL's homemade lemon pie that I've been craving all week--mmm!

lele
10-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Real pizza from back home. It's been years....

Twoboos
10-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Probably something of my mom's. Her meatballs with cavatelli I think. Or beef stew or chicken soup now that it's cold. Or she used to love doing a roasted chicken w/potatoes and veg.

Damn I miss that.

Melaine
10-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Hamburger with French fries (and mayo for sipping the fries) and apple pie.

Catherine

Oooooh you don't meet that many people who love the mayo on the fries! It's one of those things I gave up when I was dieting (well, along with fries!) that I have had a couple times since then. I LOVE chick-fil-a fries dipped in a combo of two ketchup packets and one mayo packet. SO good. In fact, I really think we need Chick-fil-a sometime this weekend.

Melaine
10-07-2011, 06:13 PM
This could be because the girls just turned on a Christmas CD, but I am thinking turkey and dressing sounds good! My grandmother's dressing was the best and I have been trying to perfect it for years. Maybe I will have a few practice batches between now and Thanksgiving.

dylansnan
10-07-2011, 06:39 PM
For starters Veuve Cliquot champagne, olives, and cornichon
Real Swiss Fondue (preferably at my friends house in Zurich ;-) for dinner
Chocolate ice cream for dessert :tongue5:

-now I'm hungry-

~Cindy

MMMommy
10-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Korean BBQ, especially the big bone, rolled meat kalbi. With lots of savory Korean side dishes and spicy, Korean tofu soup.

hillview
10-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Four Season's burger with garlic fries
OR
Chocolate Croissant in a Paris cafe

Um ...
OR
reality -- leftovers.
/hillary

mmommy
10-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Crab legs and artichokes. I think I just like dipping stuff in butter.

If I had known, I would have invited you over. DH made artichokes and crab claws tonight (so, not quite as extravagant as crab legs - more work, but still tasty and butter dipped) Yum.

HonoluluMom
10-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Korean BBQ, especially the big bone, rolled meat kalbi. With lots of savory Korean side dishes and spicy, Korean tofu soup.

Maybe not the kalbi, but yummm . . . soon doobu or kim chee chigae sounds good right now!

DietCokeLover
10-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Shrimp and Grits, tossed salad with Parmesan peppercorn dressing, crusty bread, and key lime pie for dessert.

Instead I had a sandwich. Disappointing.

MamaInMarch
10-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Really good, homemade eggplant parmesan. Dandelion salad. A wedge of a rice thing my grandma used to make. And a double slice of the banana cream cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. And a couple of beers.

Cam&Clay
10-07-2011, 09:52 PM
My mother's pepper steak. I miss it almost as much as I miss her.

MMMommy
10-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Maybe not the kalbi, but yummm . . . soon doobu or kim chee chigae sounds good right now!

The spicier, the better! Several Korean tofu house restaurants have opened up in the Bay Area, thank goodness. We used to drive to Santa Clara for really good soon dobu.

kijip
10-08-2011, 09:24 AM
My neighbor back in Maryland made THE BEST Ethiopian food. She knew how much we loved her food, so she would invite us over sometimes or just drop off extras. I would LOVE to have dinner at her house tonight. :)

Don't know the names, but....

the chicken with hard boiled egg dish
the beef dish with red sauce
red lentils
greens
salad with tomatoes and onions
the bread

In the same order:

Doro Wot
Kitfo
Mesir Wot
Gomen
Don't remember
Injera, the bread.

And ditto. I would eat Ethiopian food for dinner pretty much any night. I love
Doro Tibs (a chicken dish without the eggs), Kitfo, Gomen, Mesir Wot, Kit Alichca (yellow split peas) the best. Leftover injera in scrambled eggs is to die for as well!

kozachka
10-08-2011, 12:24 PM
We had 3 dozen oysters with a bottle of white wine between DH and I last night, and it was my perfect dinner courtesy of I Love Sea delivery that I got through Groupon a while ago and that was about to expire when I placed the order a month ago.

hellokitty
10-08-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm on a diet right now, and all I can do is obsess about food. It's awful. So, obviously, it would be fattening, sugary food that I would crave. I'd want some spicy, crispy squid, some chicken pan fried noodles, braised tofu, some lobster and throw in some cheesecake. I know that all together it sounds gross, but I just want to eat, eat, eat right now.

JTsMom
10-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Anything dairy. Lasagna, fettuccine alfredo, pizza, ice cream... I am off dairy because DS2 is sensitive to it, and I miss it!! (but I don't miss the spitting up and gassy baby!):yeahthat: I really miss lasagna and pizza, so either of those would be good, followed up with tiramisu. And some really good. And a cappuccino afterward.

Carrots
10-08-2011, 06:49 PM
I would have an entire birthday cake. Vanilla with vanilla buttercream frosting. (Gawd.... my mouth is watering.)

Twoboos
10-08-2011, 07:15 PM
I would have an entire birthday cake. Vanilla with vanilla buttercream frosting. (Gawd.... my mouth is watering.)

I like the way you think!! :bighand: