PDA

View Full Version : Q? for Resellers

ha98ed14
10-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Is Gymbo worth trying to resell on ebay? I remember when DD was little, it seemed like people had whole businesses selling Gymbo on ebay. Now I look at Gymbo auctions on ebay and there are no bids. Has demand for Gymbo passed? I was thinking of trying to resell some the stuff I bought new for DD, but not sure it is worth the effort. Thoughts?

mecawa
10-09-2011, 07:39 PM
I think the demand has gone down some. When I first sold a few pieces of DD1's wardrobe about 5 years, I made more than half of what I spent back, sometimes more. Since then I haven't had as much luck ( I don't sell or even try to sell as much either though, I have two more DD's now to pass down too) If you have full sets, in EUC/NWT/NWOT, and were just going to donate them anyways, I think I would try selling them first. Individual pieces don't seem to sell as well as full sets, so those I may not bother with.

jvs195
10-09-2011, 07:42 PM
You should ask at Gymbofriends as well, but IMO gymboree has had more sales recently so only the popular lines (and it helps to know the name of and have the whole outfit for yours) do really well on ebay. Sometimes people are looking for missing pieces though so again the line name helps sales. Gymboree sells well at my consignment sale after Gap.

Melaine
10-09-2011, 07:53 PM
It does seem like the hype has died down. I have been looking for a specific jacket for the last month or so, so I've been searching ebay pretty frequently and I keep seeing the same items up without any bids. I'm sure there is still money to be made...but it just may not be as easy as it once seemed to be.

mom2binsd
10-13-2011, 11:36 PM
Ebay is saturated with Gymbo, unless it's one of the really popular lines and EUC or NWT it doesn't do that well, many sellers have items sitting in their ebay stores just waiting for someone who's looking for that item.

In general, kids clothing is really a good deal for buyers not sellers these days and it seems that buyers are really becoming a PITA to many sellers. I used to sell stuff but unless it's perfect and super special I don't bother.

You would probably do better at a consignment sale, that's where I get most of my best prices for gymbo and gap stuff. Or try Craigslist.

Now, gymbo boys jeans, I just saw a pair of used jeans go for 14.00, plus 3.50 shipping...insane!

TwinFoxes
10-14-2011, 07:20 AM
It does seem like the hype has died down.

:yeahthat: Even on this board, when I first started out everyone was all about Gymbo. But i think the recession had them rethink their strategy, there are tons more sales than there were before. Plus, they're not the only game in town, I think Boden has really bitten of a chunk of their customers.

AnnieW625
10-14-2011, 02:36 PM
I agree with what everyone else has said. Gymboree seems to have way more lines out now than they did before. I also think that a lot of people now sell on Gymbofriends site so they don't have to deal with the Ebay fees. As much as I would like to get money back on my girls clothes I am honestly thinking of just giving them to friends as needed and saving a few for my brother and sister (if they ever have kids) because it's just a pain to sell stuff. With that said. I still look for some Gymbo. on Ebay.