PDA

View Full Version : Crib Mattress

peanut2
10-09-2011, 06:42 PM
We finally built the crib, and now we just need to pick and buy a mattress. A generous sponsor/loving relative is picking up the cost of the mattress, so the decision is based solely on quality, with minimal care for cost.

What mattress should we get?

First post here, please be kind.

Thanks!

stinkyfeet
10-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Both of my boys have the moonlight slumber dual-sided mattress. It's pricey, but I think it's worth it since they spend so much time sleeping.

waitingforgrace
10-09-2011, 09:36 PM
We bought a Safety First foam mattress for around $40 and have been really happy with it. It's very firm, fits snug in the crib and is really lightweight and easy to get in and out of the crib.

SnuggleBuggles
10-09-2011, 09:42 PM
We bought our mattress ages ago with ds1 but it was a $40 foam mattress and it was awesome. Held it's shape wonderfully, firm yet seemed comfortable. The light weight made sheet changes super easy.

Beth

peanut2
10-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks ya'll! Since we're not paying for it, we can pick what we want.
I'll look into the dual sided moonlight, and we'll go from there!

zag95
10-12-2011, 04:35 PM
We bought a Colgate Classica I- which is a foam mattress. Excellent firmness, and easy to use when lifting out of the crib for bedding changes. BBB also highly recommends!

GL!

arivecchi
10-12-2011, 04:59 PM
We bought a Colgate Classica I- which is a foam mattress. Excellent firmness, and easy to use when lifting out of the crib for bedding changes. BBB also highly recommends!

GL!:yeahthat:

crl
10-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Honestly the only reason I wouldn't just go Ikea is if I could spend $$$$$ and get an organic wool or natural latex mattress that meets fire safety standards without using any chemicals. I didn't have that kind of money to spend so I didn't do that research, but that's where I'd be looking if money truly were no object.

Catherine

sntm
10-13-2011, 12:55 PM
I registered for the BloomBaby Alma Papa Cocomat Mattress

BabyBearsMom
10-13-2011, 12:58 PM

GL!

:yeahthat: Except ours ithe Classica II. Great mattress. DD is very active and it is holding up great. Still super firm.

curiousgeorge
10-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Another lover of the Colgate Classica I...we have one for each boy.