PDA

View Full Version : What size socks for an almost 7 yr old boy who wears a size 2 1/2 shoe?

HIU8
10-09-2011, 09:38 PM
DS likes his sneaker socks (the kind you can't see when he wears shoes). He wears crew socks for school and then has his weekend socks. Well, over the summer DS grew 1.5 shoe sizes and now wears a size 2.5. ALL his weekend socks are now way to small. Do I buy him the 7-8.5 or the 9-11 socks now?

Kindra178
10-09-2011, 10:37 PM
TCP has socks in your ds' size.

KrisM
10-09-2011, 10:43 PM
My DS1 is a size 3. He wears the size 3-9 socks (Hanes). They give the shoe size on the package. I'm not sure what your sizing means. Could you just go up 1 size from where he is now? Could you look up the brand and see if you can convert shoe to sock size?

HIU8
10-09-2011, 10:50 PM
He likes the nike socks. They do the 7-8.5 and the 9-11. He won't wear the TCP socks on the weekends. I was just in there and did not see sport socks (unless they were just out of them). He had some and prefers a sport sock. I saw packs at Target (hanes brand) and I prefer to just buy those, but DS wants colors.

I was at JCP today and they had socks for kids up to 7 yrs old. However, DS is out of their large size. No socks in the boys 8-20 section (odd), b/c that is where I need to get them.

KrisM
10-09-2011, 11:24 PM
On the Nike site, they list a medium sock as a 3y-5y shoe size. I'd get that. I don't know how that compares to the numbers you have. I couldn't find those on the Nike website. It's weird they list it differently on their site and that they don't have shoe size listed on the packages. Huh.

Can you take a too small sock to the store with you and hold it up and get the one that is a bit bigger?

HIU8
10-10-2011, 10:04 AM
I found socks at Target with colors on them in the low cut version. The large was for shoe sizes 3-10 (since DS wears a 2 1/2--which is the very top of the medium I bought the larges). They are not nike, but they were $5.99 for 6 pairs.