PDA

View Full Version : HA vs. Kirkland HA knockoff PJ's

HIU8
10-10-2011, 10:41 AM
I normally buy my kids the kirkland pj's that are just like the HA's. DS has officially outgrown their sizes (they go to size 10 at costco). They have never fit DD correctly (way to tight on the wrists and ankles). I've never bought HA pj's b/c I've never found them for a really good price (that I was willing to pay). I finally got a pair on consigment for DD. WOW!! What a huge difference when compared to the kirklands. The material is MUCH softer with more give and they seem to hold their shape in the body better. I'm so impressed. Just had to share. and I'm a total convert--looking for pj's for next year already.

WatchingThemGrow
10-10-2011, 11:26 AM
You should just get some from the outlets for DS to pass down to your DD. That's what we do. Totally worth it. The older ones are a bit softer, but the new ones are great too. We have several pairs on their 4th child - bought 2nd hand, passed down and they are yummy.

We can't deal with the skin tight Gap, Gymboree, ON and kirklands.

rolypoly27
10-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Some prints are on sale at the outlets until today... they're only $10! I'm not sure what sizes/prints they have left as it's the last day of the sale, but it's worth calling for if you're not too picky about the prints. You'll have to pay for shipping unless you can go in person, but you can't beat the price on those PJ's! Even if you don't get them this time, there should be plenty of opportunities to get them on sale at the outlets if you're looking to buy ahead for next year.

twowhat?
10-10-2011, 12:27 PM
We have both as well and the Kirklands ARE quite tight around the wrists and ankles, otherwise the quality is great but they've gotta do something about the wrists and ankles first, for sure...it's impossible to roll up the arms for a kid who needs to wash hands after peeing before bed...

HIU8
10-10-2011, 12:55 PM
My DD would complain that they hurt her. They were not super tight, but tight enough to really bother her (even if I sized up). I just love the HA ones though. So soft and so easy to wear (thinking about getting myself some....)

lchang25000
10-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Hannas are definitely the best cotton pjs. The stripy ones are the softest and stretchiest. The $10 ones are mostly prints from last holiday, but they also have the green/lighter green stripy ones for that price. I was able to get 2 pairs of those (1 for this year and the next size up for later).

citymama
10-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Agree with roly - try the outlet sale. My recc is to but stripes - color/color combos or softest and get softer with each wash! The prints and white stripes are great too but not as soft. If you can wait, they go on sale for $15-20 periodically - just check these boards regularly for updates!

♥ms.pacman♥
10-10-2011, 02:28 PM
i agree that the stripe Hannas are really soft and WAY more stretchy than the the print ones. For DD this holiday with the $10 outlet sale i ordered a size 80 for her even though she still fits really well into size 70 in the striped ones.

i went to Costco today and saw they had the Hanna zipper PJs for just $8 (marked down from $11.99). IMO for that cheap, they're not any more expensive than other brands (Carters, etc). there were mostly prints, though luckily i snagged one of the last striped ones in 90 (3T) for DS which is exactly what i needed.

For us the stretchiness is key, mainly bc my DD has SUPER chunky arms. a while ago i got her a pair of "knockoff" Hannas at TJMaxx (were Carters and were cotton and striped, looked almost exactly like the Hanna longjohns). i got them only bc i really liked the colors and they had a cute girl monkey on the front. I got size 12 month and a month ago (at 6mos) i had to REALLY struggle to get her arms through! :( I was so disappointed, and now i almost never put them on her bc its' such a pain to get on and off. From now on I'm going to be sticking to Hannas for her, at least for now..

AnnieW625
10-12-2011, 02:56 PM
I think for $11 the Costco ones are a good deal as long as you size up (at least with this year's ones; two years ago the 4s fit fine and they lasted until DD1 was almost 5), but agree the Hanna ones are great. I have bought them for $15 at the EOS outlet sale in late December and that's a good time to buy because there is no guarantee what will be available later on in the year for $10 at the outlet prior year clearance (not much in 110 or 120 for DD1). I have some white based print ones and they are going into their 3rd winter and they have held up just fine.

bostonsmama
10-14-2011, 08:25 PM
For us the stretchiness is key, mainly bc my DD has SUPER chunky arms. a while ago i got her a pair of "knockoff" Hannas at TJMaxx (were Carters and were cotton and striped, looked almost exactly like the Hanna longjohns). i got them only bc i really liked the colors and they had a cute girl monkey on the front. I got size 12 month and a month ago (at 6mos) i had to REALLY struggle to get her arms through! :( I was so disappointed, and now i almost never put them on her bc its' such a pain to get on and off. From now on I'm going to be sticking to Hannas for her, at least for now..

FWIW, my DD was her chunkiest at 8-10mos, and now is really thinning out. She needed the 12mos Carters for weight, but the arms were tight...until 2 weeks ago. Now, the shirt gaps a little b/c she's thinning w/ walking. I'm sure you know the drill b/c of your DS, but save the jammies until a few months from now.