PDA

View Full Version : Twins are 2 years old and need a new stroller HELP!!

anatr32
10-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Hello everyone!!
We just moved from California to New Jersey and my double stroller broke!! Does anyone have any recommendations as we need to buy a new one? I had a maclaren twin techno and it was tooo heavy to push soo I figure we would need to buy a City Select, City Mini, a Bob??? Is there one that I could use in case we decide to have another child (that has the option of being used as a single later on?) The twins will prob be out of the stroller soon so if I invest in a double I would like to have an option to use it for just one child as well later.
Thanks for any help!!

todzwife
10-10-2011, 06:35 PM
What do you use it for? Do you need air tires?

Kaylee31
10-10-2011, 06:47 PM
The twins will prob be out of the stroller soon so if I invest in a double I would like to have an option to use it for just one child as well later.

In that case, I would look at a B-Ready (Free ride event with free 2nd seat ends on the 15th); Uppababy Vista with Rumbleseat, or a Phil & Teds Vibe, or maybe Explorer. I would skip the City Select just from what I've heard about the push, and I didn't like the look of it when seeing it in person (too long and seats are too small).
ETA: Check out the Baby Gizmo reviews if you haven't already, they are helpful.
B-Ready - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qeNTjNoEwE
Vista - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT3y_oN_-hg
BJ City Select - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdeMgSm-xe0&feature=relmfu
P&T Vibe - http://www.stroller-envy.com/phil-and-teds-vibe.html

hoodlims
10-10-2011, 08:00 PM
How much do your twins weigh? My only opposition to something like a stroller + rumble seat is that those tend to work better for different aged/sized kids.

anatr32
10-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the responses..I would use it for errands or if I could would love one that I could jog with as well. My twins are around 25 pounds each...so if I am correct a seat that attaches might not hold there weight together that well?

hoodlims
10-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Well, the B-Ready, Vista, and Phil and Teds have a higher weight limit for the upper seat (main seat), and a lower weight limit for the bottom (rumble/second) seat. They usually vary by about 20 lbs. For example, the
B-Ready main seat holds 55lbs of child and the second seat holds 35lbs. The City Select has an even weight on both. City Select may be your best option if you only want one seat later. BOB is good for running/walking around the hood but bad for the car, CityMini is good for car but not for running! So difficult, huh?

scriptkitten
10-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Do not get a City Select for 2 yr old twins unless you don't like your wrists.

If you want a tandem, go for the P&T Vibe, but you might outgrow it soon since the back seat is only rated to 33lbs. It pushes pretty nice even with a lot of weight.

Since you're in jersey i'd imagine your resale value would be great... how about a MB Duet? or a BOB?

legaleagle
10-11-2011, 10:42 AM
If you want a tandem, go for the P&T Vibe, but you might outgrow it soon since the back seat is only rated to 33lbs. It pushes pretty nice even with a lot of weight.

Though I'm guessing if they're 25 lbs at 2, they're pretty low on the growth charts. FWIW, my 65% older DS just hit 35lbs at 3.

arivecchi
10-11-2011, 12:21 PM
There is a great deal on a brand new vibe with doubles kit on strollerista! I think it's also posted on strollerswap.

momtoax3
10-11-2011, 12:55 PM
There is a great deal on a brand new vibe with doubles kit on strollerista! I think it's also posted on strollerswap.

Yeah, and it is a Vibe 2 which made tons of improvements on the Original Vibe!!

roseyloxs
10-11-2011, 02:05 PM
I have the vibe2. I still think a side by side would be worth considering. I have a feeling with twins you have a lot of stroller living to do in your future.

The bottom seat does have a 33 lb limit but my 38 lb son has sat there on occasion without issue. The verve is essentially the same stroller except the 4 wheels allow for more weight. The rear seat has a higher limit, I think maybe its like 40 or 44 lbs or something like that.

Candyshop1999
10-11-2011, 02:11 PM
I live in NJ and have 17m twins and have owned every stroller mentioned except the P&T. And that's the one I would pick as my one and only. The Vista is not good in doubles mode. The CS is awful. The BReady is good in doubles mode, but not good for outside use. The Bob Duallie is great for outside use, but def not a car/mall/shopping stroller.
If I had to get just one, it would be a P&T. Maybe a Duet, haven't seen them yet.... and since ur twins aren't big, a Duet might just work well.

poohbear
10-11-2011, 02:33 PM
I always like air tires over non-air when it comes to push...
I would check out swap....