PDA

View Full Version : Need an all terrain with optional double seat

janie5
10-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Our 6 month old son has almost outgrown his infant seat and stroller and we need an all terrain stroller since we live in the country-lots of gravel, grass, and maybe some trails. We're also planning on having a second child, hopefully sometime in 2013 so I think it might make sense to get a stroller that can accomodate both kids. I've been looking at the Phil & Ted's but the reviews seem to be all over the place and I don't want to spend that much money on a stroller if its not any good. However, if I know its a good stroller and it'll last us until boht kids are out of the stroller, then I'd be willing to spend the money. Does anyone have any recommendations for an all terrain stroller with optional second seat?

arivecchi
10-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Yep. A Vibe 2. There is an EXCELLENT deal on one on strollerswap (the yahoo group). GL!

satchnbucky
10-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Yep. A Vibe 2. There is an EXCELLENT deal on one on strollerswap (the yahoo group). GL!

:yeahthat: I would totally go for a P&T vibe 2 in your situation. Especially if you can get a great price on one (and as arivecchi mentioned, someone on swap is selling a new one (I'm pretty sure it's a new one) for CHEAP). My sister has a p & t and LOOOVES it, but wishes she had gotten the vibe because it's lighter and folds in one piece with the seat on.

Kaylee31
10-11-2011, 08:56 PM
I have to agree that a P&T Vibe is the way to go. I think the original model has some complaints, but I have heard anything bad about the improved Vibe 2.
Basically, Phil & Teds are the only real AT stroller with an add-on seat. There is the Valco tri-mode and the joey seat-- which doesn't have any canopy or recline. I think all the P&T models can be confusing. There are several models that have been discontinued (Dash, Sport, Hammerhead, etc.)
There is currently the Explorer, but the 2nd seat does not recline and I don't think it's quite as nice as a stroller overall as the Vibe is. The Verve is the most expensive, and has a fully reclining 2nd seat, but the front tires aren't air so I don't think it would perform as well in the country. The Vibe has all air tires and the 2nd seat has some recline. It's also about the same width & weight as the B-Ready, which doesn't even have air tires.
The Vibe for sale on swap is brand new and includes a warranty; and it's the cheapest price I've ever seen for a Vibe, especially since they never go on sale.