PDA

View Full Version : groupon deal- holiday cards 19 dollars

MomtoNico
10-12-2011, 02:11 PM
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-mixbook-holiday-cards

Anyone think this is a good deal. Anyone use this company before? Seems good to me. thanks

MSWR0319
10-12-2011, 02:34 PM
I've never used mixbook, but I just saw a book that a friend did from them and it was gorgeous. She said the software was very easy to use and she's not very good at that type of thing ( she said that, not me!). I think it's a great deal!

Melaine
10-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Those look nice! Maybe I will actually do a photo card this year!

octmom
10-12-2011, 03:21 PM
I saw this and wondered about the quality. Maybe this deal could force me to get a photo of the kids earlier than my usual mid-December chaotic photo shoots by the Christmas tree!

pjsmom30
10-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Just FYI that this expires on November 15, so you will need to be an earlybird!

waitingforgrace
10-12-2011, 03:36 PM
I've ordered from mixbook and was really happy. I thought the quality was great and think the groupon is a good deal.

wencit
10-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Thank you for posting this deal, OP! I decided to take a chance, even though I've never used Mixbook before. I wasn't happy with the quality of my Costco cards last year, and I can't imagine spending over $100 at TinyPrints, so hopefully this will work out well.

octmom
10-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Just FYI that this expires on November 15, so you will need to be an earlybird!

I think I'm going to do it to force me to get them done early. :) I often end up paying rush charges somewhere else, so this could save me a lot if I can pull it off. :) I just read a few reviews online and they were good. I bought a Mixbook Groupon for a photo book that I have not used yet, so I'm glad to know that others have liked them.

GvilleGirl
10-12-2011, 03:55 PM
TY! This will motivate me to get it done early this year!

MissyL11
10-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks for posting. I am going to order and try to get my cards out earlier this year.

pjsmom30
10-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks OP! Just ordered my Groupon, and the code was working already, so my holiday cards are in process. One more thing off the list. I LOVE that these are the double sided cards. This is a fabulous deal.

JanBaby
10-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Just checked out the site and the picture layout options are awesome. Tons of ways to arrange the card. Thanks OP!

edoudera
10-12-2011, 08:59 PM
ooooo I love silk cards! The $$ difference between that and the normal cards on their site makes this deal like getting fancy for free :)

dukie41181
10-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Where can I see the "silk cards" on their site? I am looking around but see that the cards are similar in price to this groupon deal so I must be looking at the wrong thing. Otherwise, I don't see how this is all that great of a deal.

Help!

waitingforgrace
10-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Where can I see the "silk cards" on their site? I am looking around but see that the cards are similar in price to this groupon deal so I must be looking at the wrong thing. Otherwise, I don't see how this is all that great of a deal.

Help!

The silk cards are the same designs. If you click on a card you like you'll see a drop down box to select the Paper type.

Mirthful
10-12-2011, 10:37 PM
I was looking for reviews about their silk paper and stumbled upon an alternate groupon for those that don't think you can order by mid-Nov (like me!)

This one is good until April 13, 2012 and is $15 for $50 worth of anything on their site. If you know you want the 5x7 flat cards on the silk paper - the other deal is better. If you're a procrastinator though ... :)

http://touch.groupon.com/providence/#/deals/mixbook-providence

Problem is this groupon is over in about 1.5 hours. (MIdnight EDT)!

ray7694
10-13-2011, 09:31 AM
HELP! I can't get the first link to work.

octmom
10-13-2011, 09:42 AM
HELP! I can't get the first link to work.

Try this: http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-mixbook-holiday-cards

ETA: Sorry, I just realized that this deal closed last night. :(

pjsmom30
10-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Holy Cow....my holiday cards already shipped!

wencit
10-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Holy Cow....my holiday cards already shipped!Wow! Good for you for having them all done already!

When you get your cards, will you please come back here and report on the quality? I'd love to hear what you think.

Olivia1094
10-13-2011, 02:00 PM
:cry: When I saw this yesterday, I thought it was going on until at least tonight. I guess I was too slow.

pjsmom30
10-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Wow! Good for you for having them all done already!

When you get your cards, will you please come back here and report on the quality? I'd love to hear what you think.

Absolutely!

pjsmom30
10-17-2011, 06:01 PM
So my cards just arrived. They are very nice! Not on photo paper, but card stock with a matte finish. I have no idea how to compare this finish with others, nor can I tell if I got the "right" finish. But they are nice cards, very nice for $29 for 75 double sided cards.

glbb35
10-17-2011, 07:31 PM
UGh, missed this one too. If anyone else sees a deal like this, please post!!!!

thanks

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09 and newbaby 7/11

wencit
10-17-2011, 08:24 PM
So my cards just arrived. They are very nice! Not on photo paper, but card stock with a matte finish. I have no idea how to compare this finish with others, nor can I tell if I got the "right" finish. But they are nice cards, very nice for $29 for 75 double sided cards.Good to hear. :thumbsup:

Thanks for coming back and letting us know!

turtle12
11-06-2011, 07:48 AM
for those who missed this deal, i saw several for mixbook on www.dealsgoround.com (where people resell their groupons/living social/etc)

octmom
11-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Just reminding those who bought this Groupon that the deal expires tomorrow, November 15. I will be finalizing my card tonight after the kids are asleep. :)

dukie41181
11-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Just reminding those who bought this Groupon that the deal expires tomorrow, November 15. I will be finalizing my card tonight after the kids are asleep. :)

Thanks for the reminder!

AshUVA
11-14-2011, 04:02 PM
I got the same deal through an email promo last month and I really like the cards. They are on nice card stock (their middle quality) and I am very happy with them. They have a TON of great designs to choose from and everything is customizable on their layouts. They printed and shipped quickly also. I'm so glad to have cards checked off my holiday to-do list :cheerleader1: I will definitely be a repeat Mixbook customer!

octmom
11-15-2011, 01:29 AM
I ordered my cards tonight and then checked the Mixbook Facebook page. I noticed that in a response to a question, they posted that they are offering a grace period through the month to use the holiday cards Groupon. I thought I would share this just in case anyone is in a jam and thinks they missed out on using their Groupon. HTH someone!

sunshine873
11-15-2011, 08:07 AM
I ordered my cards tonight and then checked the Mixbook Facebook page. I noticed that in a response to a question, they posted that they are offering a grace period through the month to use the holiday cards Groupon. I thought I would share this just in case anyone is in a jam and thinks they missed out on using their Groupon. HTH someone!

Ooooo, where did you see that? I'd like to print out some verification. We had pictures taken to use on our cards & the photographer has sent the CD with all of the high-res photos, but it isn't here yet. I could really use the extra time!

Update: I found it on their Facebook page. "We have decided to extend a grace period on these codes till the end of the month! If you have issues ordering send us a message at [email protected]!"

nicknack
11-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Oh THANK YOU, that is huge! I thought I was going to have to crank them out late into the night tonight (isn't this the day they originally expired?)

wencit
11-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Add me to the list of happy customers with Mixbook. For $30 and 75 cards, the quality was very decent! Much better than the Costco cards I got last year. Great deal. Thanks again, OP.

octmom
11-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Ooooo, where did you see that? I'd like to print out some verification. We had pictures taken to use on our cards & the photographer has sent the CD with all of the high-res photos, but it isn't here yet. I could really use the extra time!

Update: I found it on their Facebook page. "We have decided to extend a grace period on these codes till the end of the month! If you have issues ordering send us a message at [email protected]!"

If you go to their Facebook page, look for a question posted yesterday by someone named Andrea Padilla-Rosas. She asked when the Groupon would expire, as in what time on 11/15. Their response:

Mixbook (https://www.facebook.com/mixbook) Hey Andrea!
We have decided to extend a grace period on these codes till the end of the month! If you have issues ordering send us a message at [email protected]!

You may want to send them an e-mail to confirm.

kbud
11-23-2011, 12:23 PM
We got our yesterday. I like them overall, the paper quality is good and I love that it's double sided. I'm slightly disappointed in how grainy the photo is, especially one of them. The pictures we used were definitely high quality. They were taken with are Canon Rebel. My DH did it all and he's great at this stuff. I just expected pretty clear photos. I've been disappointed with Walgreens quality lately too but I don't expect too much from Walgreens. Is anyone disappointed with the photo quality?

octmom
11-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Mine came yesterday. They're fine, but didn't knock my socks off. I chose a layout with too many pics and some of them are way too small. That was my fault. My photos were clear, but not super sharp like I would prefer. All pics were shot with my Nikon D5000, so the quality was high.

I always like the paper cards I receive that were made through tinyprints, and I expected these to have a similar feel. They're different, IMO. I think the tinyprints paper may be thicker and perhaps have a little more texture to it than this mixbook paper (the one that the deal allowed), but I am going from memory.

I have another groupon for a mixbook photobook that expires in February and I will use it, but I won't expect the best photo book ever.