PDA

View Full Version : Arch supportive slippers or clogs for Florida weather?

dkara1
10-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Basically after my first ever Podiatrist visit I was diagnosed with flat feet and postpartum edema on my ankles. He recommended I wear Spenco arch support orthotics and compression stockings. So, what do you recommend I wear inside the house, where it's WARM, and I spend most of my day as a SAHM? We have wooden floors also, which I guess makes it worst since I have been weAring flat, unsupportive flip flops and slippers. It needs to be something I can slip into easily and also wear my knee high compression stockings on days I know I am going to be standing up a lot. By the way I am totally clueless to clogs and all the styles available.

Aarohismom
10-12-2011, 06:26 PM
A lot of people here like Orthaheels. I have a plantar fasciitis and I wear Birkenstocks at home. They are very supportive.

hellokitty
10-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Birkenstocks. I have a pr of arizona's that I wear just for INSIDE the house. We have HW floors and it makes my feet hurt. I can wear them with socks on too.

Kindra178
10-12-2011, 07:25 PM
My husband wears those Spenco inserts with all his shoes (he has plantar). He pretty much has to wear sneakers for support at all times, so he keeps a pair of NB for inside just for that purpose. These aren't going to win any fashion awards, but they will work fine with your inserts:

http://www.zappos.com/new-balance-classics-w801-komen-komen-pink?zlfid=111&recoName=zap_pdp_sub

I have seen these at Marshalls and TJ Maxx too.

dkara1
10-13-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm leaning towards the Birkenstock Arizona or the Boston clog, but now I am baffled by the different choices. Is one easier to walk in than the other? Is one more supportive or comfortable perhaps?
And how do I know if I need a regular or a narrow? My feet, I think are something between regular and wide, but not really wide if that makes sense. I usually wear an 8 and a half or a 9. And I don't know if I should get a suede one or a leather one, it seems the suede would feel better against my feet, but then I've heard that they stretch more. What is a person to do?

hellokitty
10-13-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm leaning towards the Birkenstock Arizona or the Boston clog, but now I am baffled by the different choices. Is one easier to walk in than the other? Is one more supportive or comfortable perhaps?
And how do I know if I need a regular or a narrow? My feet, I think are something between regular and wide, but not really wide if that makes sense. I usually wear an 8 and a half or a 9. And I don't know if I should get a suede one or a leather one, it seems the suede would feel better against my feet, but then I've heard that they stretch more. What is a person to do?

You need to go to a store that carries birkenstock to get sized correctly and to figure out if you are regular or narrow. The sizing is daunting, but once you figure out what you are it's easier. The arizona is more, "airy" since it's a sandal. The bostons are a clog, they will keep your feet warmer. If I lived in FL, I'd got with arizonas, if your feet get chilly, you could always wear some socks, which aren't the most fashionable, but if you're just wearing them inside the house, it's not really a big deal.

crl
10-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Ooops--wrong thread. How the heck did that happen!

Catherine