PDA

View Full Version : Experienced Lego mamas- where will the best deals be between now & the holidays?

Reader
10-12-2011, 06:46 PM
It looks like it's going to be a Lego Christmas as our house- when/where should I expect to see the best deals? Black Friday, ToysRUs, Amazon?

sewarsh
10-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Especially on the Advent Calendars!!! :)

justlearning
10-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Last week TRU had 30% off many of their sets, and other sets were also discounted at various amounts. Advent calendars were on sale then too. But they're back to regular prices at TRU now.

I'm guessing that we'll see Legos go on sale again during the Black Friday time period.

ett
10-12-2011, 07:48 PM
A bunch of the Lego City sets are on sale (with decent discounts) at Target this week.

geochick
10-12-2011, 08:14 PM
I also watch this page at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/movers-and-shakers/toys-and-games

I check it about once a day to see if anything Lego is hot. I also put the Lego sets I'm interested in in my Amazon Cart, then move them to Save For Later. Then when I check my cart, anything there will be listed if the price increased or decreased. If the price decreased I determine if it's a good price, move the item back to my cart, and buy. I've got all sorts of stuff Saved for Later in my Amazon cart. It's easy to check once a day.

mjmamma
10-12-2011, 08:24 PM
I also watch this page at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/movers-and-shakers/toys-and-games

I check it about once a day to see if anything Lego is hot. I also put the Lego sets I'm interested in in my Amazon Cart, then move them to Save For Later. Then when I check my cart, anything there will be listed if the price increased or decreased. If the price decreased I determine if it's a good price, move the item back to my cart, and buy. I've got all sorts of stuff Saved for Later in my Amazon cart. It's easy to check once a day.

Cool page, thanks

kboyle
10-12-2011, 09:33 PM
yeah, it's "Bricktober" at tru, so i'd watch for anymore sales, the sales last week were pretty good, my SIL got ds2 the millenium falcon for $100, so $40 off, plus 1 free action figure and 1 free minifigure.

if you have a LEGO VIP card it's double points through the lego store (instore or online) and with every 100 pts ($1 = 1pt) you get a $5 gc...i'm getting about $250 worth of stuff so about 500 pts, so about $25 in reward credit to be used at a future date :) i generally shop for legos at the lego store because of the reward pts.

we are big lego set shoppers, and while it's normally not onsale at the store i'm going to get it regardless, the kids think it's cool that they get $5 to shop later just cause they bought something now.

lilhilly
10-12-2011, 09:49 PM
If you have a Lego store near you, I think they do a Black Friday special where everyone gets a card for a certain % off.

SnuggleBuggles
10-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Just double check prices at Target, the Lego store and maybe Amazon before jumping on TRU sales...TRU often overcharges for their Legos and thus a sale isn't much of a deal!

Beth

kristac
10-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Just double check prices at Target, the Lego store and maybe Amazon before jumping on TRU sales...TRU often overcharges for their Legos and thus a sale isn't much of a deal!

Beth

:yeahthat: I think TRU's sale price on the advent calender last week was only a few $ under MSRP.

ett
10-12-2011, 10:35 PM

Beth

And make sure you're looking at Amazon's actual price and not their "retail" price which is often inflated.

ThreeofUs
10-13-2011, 12:41 AM
Check out the sets you want, and go to camelcamelcamel or tracktor and see when Amazon had their lowest prices. Track these sets for that lowest price and see what happens. You'd be surprised.

pakin
10-13-2011, 09:03 AM
I've learned from this board that one of the best Lego deals is when TRU has all Legos buy 2 get one free. If you buy 3 sets at the same price, that would be 33% off. They had that deal a few weeks ago. I bought the Advent calendar ($35) at the same time as two other $35 sets.

Anyway before Christmas last year, TRU had all Legos on sale plus Friends & Family sale on top of that. That was a great deal too.

Pakin

DS 4/2001
DD 6/2005

o_mom
10-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Costco and Sam's Club usually have a good deal on 2-4 different sets. Get them early, though. They go fast. Reminds me I need to go there soon!

alien_host
10-13-2011, 11:39 AM
November through December 24th, if you spend $75 at the LEGO Store you get a small box to fill in Jan - March at the Pick a Brick Wall. This with the Black Friday savings is a good deal.

Barnes and Noble is a great place in-store to get 30% off LEGO sets...there is a kids club printable 30% off coupon floating around. ETA: they have excluded the coupon for LEGO on-line for the most part.

This website is great for deals: toysnbricks.com you do have to sign up and log in to see the forum, but they post almost all available deals. Sign up to join the forum section for the most complete info (coupons and sales/deals).

I think Kmart also does buy 2 get 1 free on Black Friday.

Absolutely check the "retail price" at brickset.com before buying at TRU or Amazon. Almost all SW sets at TRU are inflated.

alien_host
10-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Advent Calendar is available at Target B&M for MSRP. City is $34.99 and SW is $39.99.

TRU has raised the SW price to $49.99 so beware! TRU still has City for $34.99. This week there are no good sales at TRU, except a free Ninjago Battle Arena with a $50 purchase...I'd wait till this Sunday to see what is offered next week.

ETA: I think Barnes and Noble will have the Advent Calendars. I think I saw the City one advertised on-line.