PDA

View Full Version : Seen any good deals on t-shirts?

crl
10-13-2011, 09:36 AM
I need to replace a few basic t-shirts. I have been looking at Old Navy and LE but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I like V necks or scoop necks. I am mostly looking for long sleeve. I am 5'7" so I need them to be on the long side. And I don't want tissue thin material, as I don't want to have to layer. I generally wear a medium. I try to go cheap because between the kids and the dog and cooking my shirts get stained.

Suggestions?

Catherine

plusbellelavie
10-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Maybe more then you want to spend but these from Boden IMO would fit what you are looking for

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Long-Sleeved-Tops/WL604-DBL/Womens-Cadet-Essential-V-neck.html

and they have them in the same colors in scoop neck

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Long-Sleeved-Tops/WL603-AQU/Womens-Soft-Aqua-Essential-Scoop-Neck.html

I like the length on them, the weight is good not too heavy or thin and they wash well IMO.

The code WRSM works for 20% off and FS/FR valid until Nov 1, 2011 bringing them to $19.20 each but again maybe more then you want to spend on a T-shirt but thought I would give you another option.

Twoboos
10-13-2011, 10:11 AM
I am also on the lookout for colorful long sleeve t's!

Gap outlet had some yesterday for 50% off, so they were $12 plus change.

ON has a big sale going now, I got a 1/2 sleeve tshirt for $4.xx, you may want to check in-store. They had some ls vnecks but I didn't want the colors they had (seriously have to break away from grey/black/white!!).

hillview
10-13-2011, 10:13 AM
I have the boden ones and really like them but got them on sale (but still about $20 for the long sleeved). I also have the Land's End ones which are MUCH thinner but I also like them. LE is better for layering.

/hillary

beckyr88
10-13-2011, 10:53 AM
I love the old ON ones, but theie new "perfect t" has no/ little cotton. Ive been looking for a replacement as well! Are the Boden ones pretty fitted?

The Target Merona t shirts are pretty good and also cheap. They have crew neck and scoop neck.

crl
10-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks! I had a truly dreadful cs experience with Boden several years ago and refuse to ever buy from them again. Too bad because their stuff is cute. Will check out the other suggestions!

Catherine

HonoluluMom
10-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Just a warning about the ON t-shirts. I bought a few within the last year and they've already developed small holes. I have no clue why. I wash in cold water and line dry.

mommytoC
10-13-2011, 01:52 PM
I like these from LLBean (I hadn't bought anything from there in ages, but have been pleasantly surprised by my recent purchases). They've got a scoop neck,
3/4 sleeves, and are nice and long; the fabric is thick and really soft. I only see 2 colors showing right now, but also bought them in white, navy and black.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/58580?feat=2-SR0

LLBean sells the same style in stripes (some on clearance), plus several other Rib-Knit styles.

kmkaull
10-13-2011, 02:13 PM
I have tried so many t-shirts and keep going back to Gap. Thicker cotton, soft, wash well, and nice and long. I just bought this one and like it.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=17083&vid=1&pid=855239

Their favorite tees are also great.

maylips
10-13-2011, 02:24 PM
For a couple of years I've been buying Calson through Nordstrom. These are longer t's - 26" or so - which is a must for my 5'9 long torsoed body. You can often find them on sale, which is what made me try them in the first place, and they are thick enough for wearing alone.

Boden was not long enough for me.

crl
10-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Thank you for all the great ideas!

Catherine

waitingforgrace
10-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Last year I bought some V-neck Apt.9 long sleeve t-shirts from kohl's and was really happy with them. They were a good weight and came in some pretty colors. I also liked the length as I'm 5'7"and can't stand shirts that are too short.

I haven't looked to see if they have them this year since I'm pg, but worth looking into.

Beth24
10-13-2011, 04:29 PM
I really like the Gap perfect t's.

bandgsmama
10-13-2011, 04:34 PM
I really like the Gap perfect t's.

:yeahthat: & with the % off today a good deal! gonna order some online in tall today i think.

i have a daisy fuentes "my favorite tee" from kohl's that i find myself reaching for a lot too. (it's a plain tee from 2 seasons ago, don't know if they still have them or not)

crl
10-13-2011, 05:40 PM
I ordered a couple from Nordstrom, but really could use a couple more so I will check out the rest of the suggestions too. Anyone know if the Gap deals extend into tomorrow? No way am I making it there today, but maybe tomorrow. . . .

Catherine

crl
10-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Well, I went ahead and ordered two from the Gap and two from ON. That should stock me up! (gap code GAPLINE for 30 percent off and ON code ONEXTRA15 for 15 percent off plus my order was over $50 because I also got ds a pair of the gap sweatpants he likes so free shipping--four t-shirts for me and sweatpants for ds for a total of just over $51, minus ebates 2 percent back)

Thanks!
Catherine

DrSally
10-13-2011, 08:37 PM
H&M Actually has some nice LS ones (boat neck, scoop neck, and maybe V-neck. I like the ON T's, but I do find that they pill easily and usually only last a season.

ETA: Oh, I have gotten good LS t's from Kohl's as well. Hope you like your t's. That's one thing I'm trying to do, weed out old, pilled, stretched out T's.