PDA

View Full Version : aaargh - Amazon S&S diapers now only 20%

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
10-13-2011, 03:06 PM
used to be 30%. this sucks. i need to order, too.

marymoo86
10-13-2011, 03:18 PM
i just got in an order....saw this too!

jenfromnj
10-13-2011, 03:22 PM
It seems as if they're slowly chipping away at the benefits of Amazon Mom--no more coupons, no Prime delivery with S&S, raising prices, lowering the discount. My latest S&S order has been delayed for over a month, with the diapers I wanted being OOS--I ordered a substitute, but they aren't as good for us.

I am just about at the tipping point where buying diapers at our local warehouse store with a coupon will be preferable to using Prime, in terms of price and convenience--we're there at least monthly, anyway, so it's not a big deal to throw a box of dipes onto the pile and get exactly what I want, without wondering when it might be delivered.

jerigirl
10-13-2011, 03:24 PM
i just got in an order....saw this too!

Me too! Late last night.

arivecchi
10-13-2011, 03:26 PM
I think Amazon Mom has a FB page. Might be worthwhile to complain there. I will still order from them because it is so darn convenient and I hate going to B&M stores.

KHF
10-13-2011, 03:27 PM
I haven't ordered a new shipment, but some people have said that existing subs are still showing up as 30% off and you can activate an old sub that was 30% off too. I checked and mine still show up in my Subscribe and Save area of Amazon as 30% off.

Thank goodness we're potty training now :)

elbenn
10-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Darn. Wish I would have stocked up on diapers.

marymoo86
10-13-2011, 03:32 PM
I haven't ordered a new shipment, but some people have said that existing subs are still showing up as 30% off and you can activate an old sub that was 30% off too. I checked and mine still show up in my Subscribe and Save area of Amazon as 30% off.

Thank goodness we're potty training now :)

This is correct!

I just checked mine and ordered another shipment to see since we can use them. Hope it means that it is for *new* subscribers.

♥ms.pacman♥
10-13-2011, 03:39 PM
i just got a box of dipes yesterday, and just checked my acct...it was 30% off. i've had it for a few months now.

lele
10-13-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm almost tempted to order an extra delivery of my subs at the 30% rate...

ang79
10-13-2011, 05:05 PM
So this means if I sign DH up for Amazon Mom once my prime shipping benefits end in Dec., that I won't be getting the same discount I'm getting now? I wonder if that's why they are doing it.....

abesmer
10-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Mine says 30% right now, 15% for S&S and 15% for Amazon Mom. I think for new orders, it's only 5% for S&S and 15% for Amazon Mom when I click on details. I hope my next order is 30% otherwise I might end up with Costco diapers.

Reader
10-13-2011, 05:35 PM
And pay attention to when your Amazon mom subscription ends...I didn't and went to order last night and found I no longer had prime. I thought they would send an email or something to let me know it was over.

KHF
10-13-2011, 06:09 PM
I got my notification email today, about 5 days after my Prime ended.

elbenn
10-13-2011, 06:14 PM
I decided to order a box of diapers from a subscription I already had. I was able to use a $1.50 Pampers coupon and combine it with the 30% off.

Mamabear4
10-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know whether this affects new subscribers or new subscriptions? We're in size 3 diapers now, when I move up to size 4 will I only get 20% off since it's a new subscription?

beth239
10-13-2011, 06:27 PM
that is really annoying. I wanted to move up to size 4 and i don't get the discount. grr. They got all these people to sign up and once they are hooked they take away the perks.

babybell
10-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Does anyone know whether this affects new subscribers or new subscriptions? We're in size 3 diapers now, when I move up to size 4 will I only get 20% off since it's a new subscription?

Yeah, you'll only get 20%. Stinks.

citymama
10-13-2011, 06:54 PM
OK, it's weird. It's letting me sign up at 30%. Could it be that your Amazon Mom year has run out?

nanoo
10-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Does anyone know if I will be charged for shipping a S&S order if my amazon mom runs out? Mine expired a few days ago (no email notice) and on my s&s page, I see 30% for diapers on existing subscriptions, but not sure if I will get an additional charge for shipping b/c I don't have amazon mom prime any more?

kristabelle
10-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Looks like it's the subscribe & save discount that's lower, not the amazon mom discount. Just semantics, I know, but it may be worth pointing out in case they start lowering the discount on non-mom subscribe & save items. Here's the text on one of the diaper pages:

Get the standard 5% discount when you sign up for Subscribe & Save delivery. Combine that with an additional 15% savings exclusively for Amazon Mom members...

cpster
10-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Going to do some stocking up now.

jenfromnj
10-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Here's the "announcement" that they posted on their FB page:

Heads up, Amazon Mom members--starting today, the maximum discount for any new diapers and wipes subscriptions is 20%. This includes a 5% Subscribe & Save discount plus an additional 15% discount for Amazon Mom members.

If you already have existing Subscribe & Save subscriptions as an Amazon Mom, then nothing will change—you will continue to receive the 30% discount on diapers and wipes. The 20%... discount applies only to new subscriptions. All other new and existing Subscribe & Save subscriptions remain unchanged.

Watching the Amazon Mom program grow this past year has been a thrill for us, in no small part because we get to connect with all of you each day. We recognize that this probably isn't the best news you'll hear today. Please know that we're working hard to evolve the program, to ensure Amazon Mom will continue to offer great savings and convenience on diapers, wipes, and more for years to come.

If you'd like additional info, please feel free to read our FAQ.
www.amazon.com/mom-faq

jenfromnj
10-13-2011, 07:26 PM

According to the FB comments, you can change your subscription settings in the current subscription to a new size and still maintain the 30% discount. Haven't tried it myself, but might be worth playing around with the settings.

marymoo86
10-13-2011, 07:28 PM

i checked my account and you can change sizes in the same subscription and still have 30%

elbenn
10-13-2011, 07:28 PM
It would have been nice if they would have sent out an email beforehand so we could subscribe to something at the 30% discount before it went away.

citymama
10-13-2011, 07:37 PM
It would have been nice if they would have sent out an email beforehand so we could subscribe to something at the 30% discount before it went away.

There's a window of opportunity right now while they transition. I just signed up for 7th Gen size 4 and I got the 30% off discount. I created a new Amazon Mom a/c for my DH since my one year Prime is about to run out, and even so, it gave me the 30% off. The FAQ says 20%.

Now, what else to lock in at this rate? Hmm.

elbenn
10-13-2011, 07:50 PM
There's a window of opportunity right now while they transition. I just signed up for 7th Gen size 4 and I got the 30% off discount. I created a new Amazon Mom a/c for my DH since my one year Prime is about to run out, and even so, it gave me the 30% off. The FAQ says 20%.

Now, what else to lock in at this rate? Hmm.

Thanks for pointing this out. It looks like the 7th Generation items haven't transitioned yet so I was able to subscribe to the training pants with the 30% discount. They actually come out to quite a bit cheaper than the pampers or huggies pull ups.

mommylamb
10-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Does this mean that everything else in S&S is now just 5% less instead of 15%? This sucks.

Honestly, we might end up back at costco for diapers when DS2 comes if this is what they're doing.

JanBaby
10-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Ah crap. I have canceled subscriptions for Cruisers and Easy Ups but I will need Swaddlers for the new baby. It looks like I can change sizes within the same line but can't switch from Cruisers to Swaddlers.

kali
10-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Thanks for pointing this out. It looks like the 7th Generation items haven't transitioned yet so I was able to subscribe to the training pants with the 30% discount. They actually come out to quite a bit cheaper than the pampers or huggies pull ups.

I just went to subscribe to the 7th Gen and they are already down to 20%. :irked:

liz
10-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the update. I lucked out because I still have the 30% S&S-phew! I was going to start another Amazon Mom account to get prime, but now it won't be worth it for me.

nanoo
10-13-2011, 10:03 PM
BUMP: Does anyone know if I have to pay shipping w/o amazon prime on s& s orders??

Does anyone know if I will be charged for shipping a S&S order if my amazon mom runs out? Mine expired a few days ago (no email notice) and on my s&s page, I see 30% for diapers on existing subscriptions, but not sure if I will get an additional charge for shipping b/c I don't have amazon mom prime any more?

♥ms.pacman♥
10-13-2011, 10:38 PM

i'm no expert, but this is my understanding so far..

your amazon mom membership does not expire, only the prime (fast shipping) benefits do.

as for subscribe & save using amazon mom, i think they did away with prime shipping benefits on that a while ago already (even for those who still had non-expired prime shipping benefits on amazon mom account). standard shipping on S&S items is still free.

from amazon webpage:

Prime Shipping Benefit
Amazon Mom members receive up to a year of free Amazon Prime shipping benefits. Your first three months are free, and for each $25 you spend on products in the Baby Store, within a single order, we'll grant you an additional month of Amazon Prime shipping benefits.To determine whether your purchase qualifies, we will total the prices of the items in your order as displayed in your Shopping Cart (i.e., not including any sales tax, shipping or gift wrapping charges and prior to the application of any promotional discounts on the detail page, such as coupons and the Subscribe & Save discount). You can earn up to one year of free shipping benefits from the date you joined Amazon Mom. You will be credited when qualifying items in your order ship.To track your progress, visit the Manage Prime Membership page in Your Account.
Subscribe & Save Items
Set up automatic delivery with Subscribe & Save for everything from household essentials to diapers and wipes. Subscribe & Save items are always sent with free standard shipping, and you can cancel at any time. Visit the Manage Your Subscribe & Save Items page to change delivery schedules, quantities, and more.

mom2mack&max
10-13-2011, 10:56 PM

How do these compare to PAmpers & Huggies pull ups? Do u like them?

Kaylee31
10-14-2011, 12:27 AM
And pay attention to when your Amazon mom subscription ends...I didn't and went to order last night and found I no longer had prime. I thought they would send an email or something to let me know it was over.

My Prime ends on Sat., and they sent me a notification email 2 weeks ago.
Thanks for posting OP, I just got a delivery last week; but went ahead & ordered an extra delivery to get the 30% off. I might try doing it again 1 or 2 times-- hopefully I will be stocked up enough to last until DS is done w/diapers!

TxCat
10-14-2011, 12:55 AM
I think Amazon Mom has a FB page. Might be worthwhile to complain there. I will still order from them because it is so darn convenient and I hate going to B&M stores.

:yeahthat: I would like to say I would cancel, but at the end of a long workday, the last thing I want to do is trek over to Target or wherever for diapers. Sigh.

Mamabear4
10-14-2011, 02:51 AM
i checked my account and you can change sizes in the same subscription and still have 30%

Thank you for this! We're not ready to move up yet, but when we are I'm going to try this.

Mamabear4
10-14-2011, 02:55 AM
:yeahthat: I would like to say I would cancel, but at the end of a long workday, the last thing I want to do is trek over to Target or wherever for diapers. Sigh.

:yeahthat:...and that's how they get you...I'm hooked too:shake:

Beth24
10-14-2011, 10:26 AM
:yeahthat:...and that's how they get you...I'm hooked too:shake:

Make that 3 of us!

AnnieW625
10-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Ordered a new sub of 1 box of Huggies Little Movers last night using an AM account I created for DH (change your passwords buddy!) and it was only 20% off. I am trying to just get enough AM Prime to last me through the holidays and hope that DD2 will be out of diapers in less than a year anyway.

tarnator
10-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Thank you for the heads up. Managed to get in a couple of orders before I lose my account!

poohbear
10-15-2011, 09:00 AM
I decided to order a box of diapers from a subscription I already had. I was able to use a $1.50 Pampers coupon and combine it with the 30% off.

How did you combine the coupon? Never mind - figured it out! Just go to coupons first and then choose to have an extra shipment ;)
Bugger, I can keep ordering DS's diapers for 30% off, but when new baby comes, they'll be more. Oh well, 20% off and free shipping is still better than nothing!!!
ETA, looks like you can change the size on your current subscription and still get the 30% off - won't help if you need to go from cruisers to swaddlers or baby dry, but still nice to know...

poohbear
10-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Thank you for the heads up. Managed to get in a couple of orders before I lose my account!

Diapers are still shipped free even without prime - at least mine were on my expired prime account...

poohbear
10-15-2011, 09:07 AM
BUMP: Does anyone know if I have to pay shipping w/o amazon prime on s& s orders??

No, you don't pay shipping. I just ordered a pack that was less than $25 and was not charged shipping....

KLD313
10-15-2011, 01:35 PM
How do you start a new account but keep your own? My amazon mom just ran out and I want to start one in my BF's name but it keeps bringing me to my own account.

babyonway
10-15-2011, 01:49 PM
How do you start a new account but keep your own? My amazon mom just ran out and I want to start one in my BF's name but it keeps bringing me to my own account.

If you have logged out and it still isn't working you may have to clear your cache. go to Tools, internet options, and on the General tab delete your Browsing history.

HTH

KLD313
10-15-2011, 03:06 PM
If you have logged out and it still isn't working you may have to clear your cache. go to Tools, internet options, and on the General tab delete your Browsing history.

HTH

Thank you! I never signed out, duh!

hoodlims
10-18-2011, 03:33 PM
argh. And here I was just about to sign up for a new account to continue my Prime membership. Now I am not sure what to do as I am due for a new pooper in 2 months and still have a 20 mo old who is in diapers.

BebeRoo
10-22-2011, 01:35 AM
:love2:

:yeahthat:

I got lucky in that I re-subscribed to Pampers Cruiser just a couple of hours before they lowered the discount and without knowing it. Had I known beforehand, I would have subscribed to a couple more diaper lines. Oh well, one subscription at 30% discount better than nothing.