PDA

View Full Version : Why is Target's website so bad?

JTsMom
10-14-2011, 09:14 AM
I can't be the only one who thinks so, right? I was trying to order stuff for my mom to send to the kids the other night, and it took forever b/c the search feature is bad, the site was slow, and getting stuck over and over again, and the way they show discounts is confusing at best.

Just now, I tried to track a package. I had to click on a link to "check the status" that was emailed to me, got sent to the website, had to enter my email again, only to have them email me another link, so I had to go back to my email, and click on another link- wth?! Why can't they just email a tracking number that links you directly to the carrier?

You'd think a big company like Target would have perfected their website, but I dread ever ordering through them. Give me Amazon any day!

nrp
10-14-2011, 09:25 AM
They did a big overhaul a few weeks ago, and it has been *awful* ever since. It wasn't great before, either. I placed an order a month ago and it never went through, so ordered it again. Then the next day, the *first* order somehow got processed and they sent me duplicate orders. I called immediately, but the rep said that there was nothing they could do because it was already being processed. Mind you, it didn't ship for three more days. Then, they sent me the wrong item in one of the orders. Giant hassle. I decided not to order from Target for a LONG time.

hillview
10-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Interesting article on this
http://adage.com/article/news/target-faces-hurdles-site/230188/
/hillary

TwoBees
10-14-2011, 09:36 AM
It seems to have gone downhill since they stopped using Amazon's platform. :(

JTsMom
10-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Wow, I had no idea they had redesigned it. I think it has always been bad, but now it's horrible. How is it that little SAHM sites, and every other major retailer doesn't have these issues? It doesn't seem like it should be that complicated to make a website- it's not like they're re-inventing the wheel here!

Mamabear4
10-14-2011, 11:03 AM
I didn't realize they'd changed it either, but I've always thought it was slow. I have no tolerance for websites that are slow. This is from a long time ago, but Restoration Hardware's site used to be the worst!

pastrygirl
10-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Yes, it's AWFUL. I can't stand it!

fivi2
10-14-2011, 06:15 PM
It seems to have gone downhill since they stopped using Amazon's platform. :(

Yep. It has gotten terrible! I googled last time I went there because it wouldn't let me check out with my Amazon account and read about the change. I ended up not buying my order (like $100 in my shopping cart) because it was such a hassle.

I won't be ordering from them until they fix it!

wildfire
10-14-2011, 08:12 PM
I looked on their website to see if something was in stock at their store, a LalaLoopsy doll. It said it did. When I got there, there were some lalaloopsy dolls but NOT the one I was looking up. And there was no space for it so I don't think it was just sold out. The shelves were stocked full.

No thanks, I need accuracy!