PDA

View Full Version : Kelty Joyrider

onerubberducky
10-14-2011, 01:20 PM
I just happened to stumble upon one of these at a yard sale and for 10 dollars I snapped it up. It is in mint condition. I had one before about 10 years ago with 12 inch wheels. This one has 16 inch wheels. I wish it had a swivel front tire, but I have forgotten how nice a stroller it was.

Pro
It has an umbrella fold-thus very small fold
Wheels pop off quickly
Very plush, well made
The shade is better even than baby jogger and Bob
Big easy to access basket
Goes to 85 pounds

Cons
No swivel front wheel
seat does not recline

Could not find a great picture of shade but it is the biggest I have seen.

BayGirl2
10-14-2011, 03:40 PM
I have one too, it was a hand me down from my SIL/BIL. I believe they sold them at Costco at one point, so that's why they had it.

I agree, the shade is HUGE. Mine stroller is annoying though, I can't get the front wheel absolutely straight, so it always seems to veer a bit to one side. I notice it on sidewalks and hate that I am always correcting it. DH isn't bothered by it though, and its probably just my stroller.

It has a handbrake too, although no foot controlled "parking brake". Overall a great stroller for heavy jogging/running for the price. Great find for $10!

onerubberducky
10-15-2011, 01:35 PM
I think that it can be adjusted so it does not pull. Neither one of my two have pulled at all.

I am just mentioning it to anyone who is looking for a jogging stroller. IMO the quality is hard to beat.