PDA

View Full Version : Favorite (smallish) stroller that will take the KeyFit?

kep
10-15-2011, 12:16 PM
I am getting a nice AT double for the two little ones, but I would also like to get a lightweight smallish stroller to live in the car. I do not want a snap&go. I would like the option to put baby or toddler in if needed (so a good recline), as well as plunking the infant seat into it without having to remove seats/fabric, etc. I'm so lost. I have researched myself into stroller madness. I was originally thinking the Kinderwagon, but it doesn't take a infant seat. Wanted to add, that I LOVE a good push. I'm willing to compromise on other things as long as the push is good.

Any suggestions?

lorinick
10-15-2011, 12:30 PM
I have no idea what the Kinderwagon is. But what do you think of the City Mini? It's light, steering and push are very nice.

Kaylee31
10-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Are you talking about a single or double? I would suggest the BJCM also, or maybe the Peg Si for singles. And the BJCMD for a lightweight double.

poohbear
10-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Well......
I would probably go BJCM, but if you're budget is a bit higher, I'd go with my fave: the bee plus.
Bugaboo is coming out with a chicco adapter in about a month (super excited about this, though I have my vista with chicco adapter, so probably don't need it;)

Your other options are first years indigo and bumbleride indie.

BJCM and indie both come in doubles form as well.

legaleagle
10-15-2011, 03:45 PM
If you're looking for more of an umbrella fold, how about the mac XLR, or cybex onyx/callisto?

Or if you can wait until January, I believe the babyhome emotion will take carseats.

roseyloxs
10-15-2011, 05:09 PM
If you are talking about a single stroller the cybex oynx is the first that popped into my mind.

The bumbleride flite takes the chicco too.

crl
10-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Since you mention the kinder wagon, I'm guessing you are thinking double? I know nothing about doubles really, but the suggestion I see most often for a lightweight double is the BJCMD.

Catherine

Beth24
10-15-2011, 05:27 PM
I have the Peg Si, it takes the Keyfit and is a great car/travel stroller.

swissair81
10-15-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm so excited that the Bee will take a chicco. (Not that I ever used a car seat adapter. Not to mention that my baby is nearly 14 months old, and I am not expecting another one.)

Beth24
10-15-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm so excited that the Bee will take a chicco. (Not that I ever used a car seat adapter. Not to mention that my baby is nearly 14 months old, and I am not expecting another one.)

That is exactly why you are a true Strollerista! :)

swissair81
10-15-2011, 07:25 PM
that is exactly why you are a true strollerista! :)

:D (Darn. I wasn't supposed to be so obvious...)

spannaz
10-15-2011, 10:46 PM
If you are talking about a single stroller the cybex oynx is the first that popped into my mind.

The bumbleride flite takes the chicco too.

Do the Cybex's take Keyfit? I looked that up earlier today but all I could find was that they would take Cybex carseats. Is there better info out there that I missed? Cybex was the first that came to mind as well, and if it takes a Keyfit that would seem like a good choice :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legaleagle
10-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Cybex has a universal adapter strap that you just fasten over the seat, I assume though the slots you would use to install the seat baseless in the car. If you're using their seat, it's a different adapter and the seat actually snaps into them.

roseyloxs
10-16-2011, 03:23 AM
Cybex has a universal adapter strap that you just fasten over the seat, I assume though the slots you would use to install the seat baseless in the car.

http://www.amazon.com/Cybex-Infant-Car-Seat-Adaptor/dp/B003Z6TJWG

http://img.shopsafe.com.au/shop/comfortfirst_com/thumbs/cybex_infant_car_seat_adapter_comfortfirst_com_sm. jpg

poohbear
10-16-2011, 09:38 AM

LOL - I am too, but I do use an adapter :bag: - my next is due in the dead of winter in Chicago! But I have the chicco adapter for my vista, so I don't know that I'll need it for both, but I'm sure I'll buy it anyway ;)

spannaz
10-16-2011, 12:52 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Cybex-Infant-Car-Seat-Adaptor/dp/B003Z6TJWG

http://img.shopsafe.com.au/shop/comfortfirst_com/thumbs/cybex_infant_car_seat_adapter_comfortfirst_com_sm. jpg

Ahhhh brilliant!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk