PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy MB Swift with good return policy?

mackmama
10-15-2011, 10:35 PM
DH and I want to get the MB Swift. Is there anywhere we can order it from where we wouldn't have to pay the shipping to return it if we don't like it?

arivecchi
10-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Diapers and amazon.com

mackmama
10-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks, A! Do you think I'd be able to get a new 2010 anywhere?

poohbear
10-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks, A! Do you think I'd be able to get a new 2010 anywhere?

My guess is that the 2010s are all gone, since they're getting ready to bring out the 2012s. You can definitely find a 2011. Hip Baby Gear had a code last week for 15% off, and lots of places run 15-20% off MBs throughout the year, but diapers no longer pricematches, so none of these places would have free return shipping....

Are you thinking of getting rid of your bee or your terrain?

arivecchi
10-16-2011, 11:18 AM
With MBs, it's kind of hard to tell what year they are from unless something has changed with that model. I would probably order from diapers and open an account for a family member so I can get the new customer 10% discount.

mackmama
10-16-2011, 11:37 AM
My guess is that the 2010s are all gone, since they're getting ready to bring out the 2012s. You can definitely find a 2011. Hip Baby Gear had a code last week for 15% off, and lots of places run 15-20% off MBs throughout the year, but diapers no longer pricematches, so none of these places would have free return shipping....

Are you thinking of getting rid of your bee or your terrain?

We are going to sell the Bee, which is kind of a bummer since we've barely used it. Terry has gotten all of the love!

mackmama
10-16-2011, 11:37 AM
I would probably order from diapers and open an account for a family member so I can get the new customer 10% discount.

Great idea - thanks!

arivecchi
10-16-2011, 11:42 AM
We are going to sell the Bee, which is kind of a bummer since we've barely used it. Terry has gotten all of the love! I think that's a good call. If you love Terry, you will adore the Swift. Tough like Terry but very nimble and MUCH lighter.

mackmama
10-16-2011, 11:44 AM
I think that's a good call. If you love Terry, you will adore the Swift. Tough like Terry but very nimble and MUCH lighter.

Yay I am excited! I have always been curious about the Swift. I think it will work out well on some upcoming trips too where I think Terry would be too big in restaurants, etc.

Any thoughts on how I should price the Bee? 2010 and barely used. We also have the sun cover, storm cover, and cocoon. We are going to keep the hard-shelled travel bag for it.

Kaylee31
10-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Yay I am excited! I have always been curious about the Swift. I think it will work out well on some upcoming trips too where I think Terry would be too big in restaurants, etc.

Any thoughts on how I should price the Bee? 2010 and barely used. We also have the sun cover, storm cover, and cocoon. We are going to keep the hard-shelled travel bag for it.

Do you have a good CL? I would try there first and list for at least $500, without the accessories. I would just sell those separately, on strollerista or swap. There was 2 Bee+'s listed on Swap recently for $515 shipped, but I think they actually sold for less. Hard times! Or maybe all these talk of the wheel issues has made some ppl leery of buying one used.

mackmama
10-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Do you have a good CL? I would try there first and list for at least $500, without the accessories. I would just sell those separately, on strollerista or swap. There was 2 Bee+'s listed on Swap recently for $515 shipped, but I think they actually sold for less. Hard times! Or maybe all these talk of the wheel issues has made some ppl leery of buying one used.

Awesome - thank you! Mine doesn't have wheel issues, so maybe I should mention that in my CL ad.

poohbear
10-17-2011, 02:03 PM
So here's a question for you:
Why aren't you using your bee very much? And if it's because you are using your terrain, why do you think you will use a swift more?
The only reason I ask is that it might be frustrating for you to trade a stroller that has some similar features to your terrain and your bee but lose out on the parent facing option as well as the more compact fold, while losing a lot of $$, and find that you rarely will use the swift.

So I guess the question is - what are you looking for from the swift that the bee is not giving you.

Personally, I just find the terrain/bee combo that you already have to make more sense than a terrain/swift combo. Unless you're only going down to one stroller, in which case, the swift would make sense...

mackmama
10-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Why aren't you using your bee very much? And if it's because you are using your terrain, why do you think you will use a swift more?
The only reason I ask is that it might be frustrating for you to trade a stroller that has some similar features to your terrain and your bee but lose out on the parent facing option as well as the more compact fold, while losing a lot of $$, and find that you rarely will use the swift.

So I guess the question is - what are you looking for from the swift that the bee is not giving you.

Personally, I just find the terrain/bee combo that you already have to make more sense than a terrain/swift combo. Unless you're only going down to one stroller, in which case, the swift would make sense...

Good questions - thanks for helping me think it through. I love many aspects of the Bee. I have some back problems, though, which is making it very hard to put DC in the Bee's seat. The Bee seat is just so low to the ground. I also really want air tires in my everyday stroller. I rarely use the Terrain when doing errands and save it mostly for exercising. I am thinking about also selling the Terrain but am not quite there yet.

poohbear
10-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Good questions - thanks for helping me think it through. I love many aspects of the Bee. I have some back problems, though, which is making it very hard to put DC in the Bee's seat. The Bee seat is just so low to the ground. I also really want air tires in my everyday stroller. I rarely use the Terrain when doing errands and save it mostly for exercising. I am thinking about also selling the Terrain but am not quite there yet.

Makes sense! Or you could wait and see what the baby jogger city mini GT is like or any of the new strollers mentioned in SQ's stroller roundup.
I think if you were to get an indie, I'd probably sell the terrain - they're pretty similiar unless you are a runner?

mackmama
10-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Makes sense! Or you could wait and see what the baby jogger city mini GT is like or any of the new strollers mentioned in SQ's stroller roundup.
I think if you were to get an indie, I'd probably sell the terrain - they're pretty similiar unless you are a runner?

I'm not a runner. I do a lot of hiking though (haven't with DC yet) so am thinking the Terrain would be good for that after DC is 1 yr old. I haven't read the roundup, but I'm wanting the new stroller before some upcoming trips so can't wait until 2012. Wish they'd come out sooner! :)

swissair81
10-17-2011, 05:32 PM

I don't know, I have a Bee and a Swift and I enjoy the combo. I wanted both of them to be suburb friendly (i.e. lightweight and fit easily into the car) because I often take the Swift instead of the Bee if I am going to a park or zoo. It irritates me that I can't take my AT double anywhere because it isn't car friendly. I definitely love my combo and would like to point out the merits of having a smaller AT.

swissair81
10-17-2011, 05:35 PM

Even though I made an argument above for the Bee/Swift combo, it doesn't work if you don't like one. It sounds like maybe you would prefer to sell your Bee (rather than your Terrain). Maybe get a Cruz instead of the Bee. It's still parent facing, but the seat is much higher up. I have terrible back problems, and if using the Bee bothered my back, it would be out as fast as I could sell it.

mackmama
10-17-2011, 05:37 PM
I have terrible back problems, and if using the Bee bothered my back, it would be out as fast as I could sell it.

Yup the Bee is just too hard on my back, so it is officially for sale. I thought I had a CL buyer, but she flaked. :( I'm sorry you have back problems, too.

swissair81
10-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Yup the Bee is just too hard on my back, so it is officially for sale. I thought I had a CL buyer, but she flaked. :( I'm sorry you have back problems, too.

I'm sorry to hear about your back and your flaky buyer. I'm sure someone will bite soon.
I'm sorry about my own back problems too. I have kyphosis/scoliosis, and after 4 pregnancies, it has officially gone to pot.

mackmama
10-17-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your back and your flaky buyer. I'm sure someone will bite soon.
I'm sorry about my own back problems too. I have kyphosis/scoliosis, and after 4 pregnancies, it has officially gone to pot.

Oh that sounds painful - I'm so sorry. Back problems can be so hard to manage.

crl
10-17-2011, 06:01 PM
FYI, the indie seat sits up higher than the swift seat.

Catherine