PDA

View Full Version : What do you wear in cool weather to run?

hillview
10-16-2011, 10:23 AM
I need some cool weather running gear. What do you wear? Yesterday I wore my one pair of running tights and a top with thumb holes with a sports bra and boy shorts under and that seemed ok but I was a little cool.

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
10-16-2011, 10:27 AM
I always get so hot that I'd rather be a bit chilled. Usually Tuff's capri (long capri) yoga pants or leggings (just cotton ones) paired with a short sleeve wicking t-shirt and a tech fleece on top. This is the fleece:
http://www.rei.com/product/817759/rei-activestretch-half-zip-top-womens

Beth

StantonHyde
11-19-2011, 09:15 PM
I have many various layers. Usually when the weather is 30 - 40 degrees, I wear thin running pants/tights and a long sleeve tech shirt and I'm fine. For 40-50, I do capri pants and a ls shirt. For under 30, I wear a combo of: Gore tex rain jacket or fleece top, plus a tech shirt or long underwear shirt, plus thicker pants with a light or heavier fleece lining. Maybe a fleece vest in there if needed. I wear gloves of various thickness and sometimes I will start the run out in a fleece headband. But never a hat. It's sort of figure it out as you go.

pb&j
11-19-2011, 09:28 PM
It's been around 30-40 for morning runs recently and I'm usually in:
Gloves (which I take off after a mile b/c my hands get hot quickly)
Ear warmer/headband
Running tights (it has to be ~20 or lower for me to wear anything thicker on my lower half)
Technical shirt (l/s or s/s)
Lightweight fleece-type pullover (fleecey on the inside, smooth outside)
Smartwool socks

If it is windy I might forego the fleece, double up on shirts, and wear a wind jacket.
If it is REALLY cold, I will wear a hat. I wore one this morning (30 degrees) and I was way too hot and dripping sweat by the time I was done.

If it is not super cold (40's), I might do capris and just a l/s technical shirt.