PDA

View Full Version : Help- which strollers to get for lg 2 yr old and newborn

baby0913
10-16-2011, 05:51 PM
I have been reading so many stoller reviews that I am now completely unable to decide which stroller(s) I should get to accomodate my large two year old and the baby we're expecting in November.

For my first son I've loved my stroller lineup. I had a snugrider that I always kept in the car to use with his car seat when he was first born. I'd use my Uppa Baby Vista for frequent walks around the neighborhood. And I have a Maclaren Quest that I now always keep in the car trunk for running errands.

I still have all three of those, and the Uppa Baby has the option to get a second seat but I'm not sure if I'd use it since my two year old is very tall and weights 32 pounds and the rumble seat has a 35 pound weight limit.

So - I'd like to find two strollers- one for my car and one for walks that both accomondate two children.

1) For the car stoller I'd like one that's relatively lightweight- that can acccomodate a large toddler (I think the City Select is too small) and that isn't too wide for stores.

2) For the second stroller I was leaning towards the Bob Revolution Duallie SE. I feel like for taking walks the kids would prefer to be side by side rather than in line for the view.

I ordered a Britax B Ready the other day as my car stroller, but now I'm wondering if that's too heavy. Are there other strollers I should be considering? Thanks in advance for any advice!

♥ms.pacman♥
10-16-2011, 05:58 PM
i too started out with Snugride + Snugrider with my first (DS), then loved the Vista for neighborhood walks. Just recently got into side-by-side double strollers..

IMO i think the B-Ready would be redundant if you already have a Vista...i think the B-Ready as a double is acutally heavier than the Vista, according to this site
http://stroller411.com/blog/249/uppababy-vista-vs-baby-jogger-city-select-vs-britax-b-ready/

i have a BOB revolution Duallie for walks around the neighborhood, and BJCMD as a car stroller. They're both pretty good. The weight/ fold of the BJCMD is awesome. The push of the BOB is amazing. I agree it's best to have 2 different strollers (one for car, one for neighborhood walks, longer outings, etc)

I have a Vista with Rumbleseat also, but that started to get heavy and hard to steer after awhile. It's a lot harder to push, which is why i got the BOB for neighborhood walks. I can't imagine the B-Ready would be much better.

I still use the Vista now and then, mainly when we go to restaurants, bc pushing a double stroller inside a restaurant is never fun. So we use the VIsta with Piggyback board so DS can easily ride, and DD can have a place to sit/rest while we eat (DS just sits in a booster seat). I am keeping the Vista to use as a single once DS gets older.

baby0913
10-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the advice. I wondered if the Vista and B Ready were too similar... and I didn't realize the B Ready weighed more. I'll probably send it back to Amazon if it's not too late to cancel the order.

For the City Mini- are the seats wide/tall enough for a large toddler? He wears 3T clothes. Also is it compact? I forgot to mention that I drive a sedan. It's a bmw 5 series, so the trunk is large for a sedan, but not as large as an suv. Also, do you know how the BJCMD compares to the side by side Maclarens?

I thought about selling the Vista but I have really liked it and I think I'd still use it as a walking stroller for the baby when my son is in school. I'll probably get the piggyback board to use with it.

poohbear
10-16-2011, 07:42 PM
I'd probably go wtih BJCMD for a car stroller and keep your vista for the baby. The seats on the BJCM are pretty big. My 90% height 2/1 year old fits just fine - head is not even close to hitting the canopy...

HTH!

legaleagle
10-16-2011, 09:22 PM
If you can wait a few months, you might like the baby jogger city mini GT more - the seats are bigger than the minis, and the tires are better, I believe it will be about 30 lbs. Scheduled for release in February.

BayGirl2
10-16-2011, 10:59 PM
My kids are similar in age and I do like using the Vista with bassinet and piggy back board for short walks with the newborn and 2 year old. I have the rumble seat, but now I'm not sure how long I'll actually use the Vista as a double. But as a single its great, and if your toddler likes the board its nice to use for the newborn period.

I agree that a Bob Duallie and BJCMD sound like a good combo for you.

cmonbaby
10-18-2011, 07:09 PM
If you can wait a few months, you might like the baby jogger city mini GT more - the seats are bigger than the minis, and the tires are better, I believe it will be about 30 lbs. Scheduled for release in February.

I just watched the YouTube video on the new GT and WOW, I so want one! I will definitely get one, just have to start saving now- price tag on the double is going to be $579!!!!!

For OP, my DS is 42 inches tall and can fit into the BJCMD that is currently out without feeling cramped. He is small for a 6 year old that's for sure but I test drove one with my DS and DD next to each other and it totally sold me on getting one. HTH!

baby0913
10-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the replies. I bought the piggyback board for my vista and plan to get the bob revolution se duallie now, and will wait it out and see what type of car stroller to get later.

For the bob, I see they are 15% off on amazon now and I have my 10% registry completion discount. I'm assuming this is probably the best price I'll get. Should I order it now? I wanted orange but for some reason that's not an amazon option, so I may get the red stroller strides version.

When do 2012 models come out and will anything change for this stroller? I read about bob and britax merging. I assume it will be a while before they make any big changes.

Kaylee31
10-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the replies. I bought the piggyback board for my vista and plan to get the bob revolution se duallie now, and will wait it out and see what type of car stroller to get later.

For the bob, I see they are 15% off on amazon now and I have my 10% registry completion discount. I'm assuming this is probably the best price I'll get. Should I order it now? I wanted orange but for some reason that's not an amazon option, so I may get the red stroller strides version.

When do 2012 models come out and will anything change for this stroller? I read about bob and britax merging. I assume it will be a while before they make any big changes.

I think the 15% + the 10% is a great price. I would order now, especially since Amazon has a 365 day return policy, as long as you don't use the stroller outside.
BOB is not making any stroller changes for 2012. I don't think (and I hope) that Britax will make any major changes either.