PDA

View Full Version : 39 Weeks 5 days - Any way to get comfortable?

Raewyn
10-17-2011, 09:20 AM
I started FMLA today. Baby is due Wednesday (2 days away!), and I just couldn't sit at my desk anymore. And the bathroom is halfway across the office and up some stairs. That, and I really fear going into labor at work!

If I sit for more than a few minutes, baby likes to "snuggle" my right rib. It is very painful. I can now at least lie down, and that helps. I can also prop my feet up, and that really helps with the swollen feet and ankles.

Everyone says to enjoy my last bit of time without children, but I think they forget how difficult things are at the end.

Any tips to make the last few days as comfy as possible?

SnuggleBuggles
10-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Can you go back to work, says a mom who went to 42w with both. ;)

Walking can feel great. I always felt better the more I was up and about.
Swimming is heavenly.
Get a birthing/ yoga/ balance ball and sit on that instead of a chair. Not only is it comfortable but it will help make the baby get/ stay in a better position than if you are lounging in a chair or couch. A well positioned baby= much easier birth!
Any prenatal yoga classes you could drop in on?

Beth

Raewyn
10-17-2011, 09:35 AM
The doctor doesn't want me to go past Sunday, and I have agreed to go back to work Janaury 3rd. I am an accountant, so missing the first week of the new year would just double my work load the following week. I figure it'll be stressful enough going back to work without that.

I do have a yoga ball, I will give that a try!

SnuggleBuggles
10-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Do you have a cable or satellite system that has on demand? I bet there is a prenatal thing on there you could try if you don't want to seek out a class.

What's the worry with going past Sunday, out of curiosity? Feel free to tell me to MYOB. :)

Beth

BayGirl2
10-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Can you go back to work, says a mom who went to 42w with both. ;)

Walking can feel great. I always felt better the more I was up and about.
Swimming is heavenly.
Get a birthing/ yoga/ balance ball and sit on that instead of a chair. Not only is it comfortable but it will help make the baby get/ stay in a better position than if you are lounging in a chair or couch. A well positioned baby= much easier birth!
Any prenatal yoga classes you could drop in on?

Beth

:yeahthat: Also check out spinningbabies.com for positioning tips.