PDA

View Full Version : Favorite gifts for birth of second child

arivecchi
10-17-2011, 02:06 PM
My SIL and BIL just had a baby girl. They already have a boy. What are your favorite gifts for a second child or which gifts did you like best when you had your second DC?

brittone2
10-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Anything personalized for the new baby (monogrammed or engraved?)

I buy a lot of friends soft soled shoes for their 2nd baby. They are usually pretty beat up after one kid wears them. IMO they are practical and cute. For a newborn girl a pair or two of girly pedipeds would be fun. IME most people don't have extra pairs in great shape waiting for the subsequent kids.

theriviera
10-17-2011, 02:14 PM
i like personalized gifts like a hooded towel from PBK.

crl
10-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Robeez, the 6-12 month size

Catherine

AnnieW625
10-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Robeez type shoes (I actually preferred Bobux Originals w/DD2, you can get them at Whole Foods) or Aiden & Anais blankets (I got the ones from Amazon that were $50-not the bamboo ones

Christmas Hannas for babies are adorable this year too.

elektra
10-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Trying to remember some of the stuff I bought that I would have loved as gifts for DS, especially stuff I wasn't able to reuse from DD....
How about:
Sleepsacks and PJ's that are girl colors/styles
Girl towel (i think using boy towels are girls is fine but it would be nice to have something more girly maybe)
Maryjane robeez (seconding this suggestion!)
Aden and Anais muslin wraps

lowrioh
10-17-2011, 02:39 PM
A box of Trumpette socks.

arivecchi
10-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Forgot to mention. Need to order from Amazon so it gets here quickly and she has free returns. :) Is everything pink?!!!!

crl
10-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Amazon, non pink Robeez option for girls

http://www.amazon.com/Robeez-Counting-Pre-Walker-Vanilla-Sandstone/dp/B00403MSBM/ref=sr_1_24?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1318877505&sr=1-24

Catherine

arivecchi
10-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Those are cute CRL! Thank you! I am loving the zutano owl items too. Thanks for all the recs! This is fun. :)

brittone2
10-17-2011, 02:54 PM
A box of Trumpette socks.
Socks are awesome because it seems like half of the baby pairs we had left over were missing their mates. Maybe that only happens in my house :ROTFLMAO: We had a boy, a girl, and then a boy, so having some girly colored socks was handy. Trumpettes are so cute and just a tad frivolous IMO, which makes them a great 2nd baby gift :)

jerigirl
10-17-2011, 03:09 PM
There is always Sophie :)

AnnieW625
10-17-2011, 05:03 PM
The a&a blankets I have are multi colored stars; I got them because they had very little pink.

♥ms.pacman♥
10-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Those are cute CRL! Thank you! I am loving the zutano owl items too. Thanks for all the recs! This is fun. :)

even though we had lots of hand me downs from DS, i went to town on getting Zutano stuff for DD right after she was born. i think i got like five or six tops and a few onesies. my favorite print (the outfit she finally come home wearing) was Zutano owl print (i got a kimono-style top and the hat). LOVED it, so cute. I just gave all DD's Zutano clothes away to a friend that just had twin girls, except i kept the owl outfit. :)

on amazon here is a dress with Zutano owl print (couldn't find the top or the hat i got). it's something that's definitely for a baby girl but isn't over-the-top girly/pink.

http://www.amazon.com/Zutano-Sleeve-Dress-Months-months/dp/B004MPQOOK/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1318886392&sr=1-2-catcorr

bandgsmama
10-17-2011, 06:11 PM
one gift i loved from a scrapbooking friend was a handmade book that had places to put pictures of the kiddos. it started out "one day ben noticed mommy's belly growing..." it was super sweet & a book we still get out today.

bearwithme
10-18-2011, 12:46 PM
I love the "Best Ever Baby Jacket" from Hanna Anderson. It's thin enough to work in a carseat and you can always use another sweater. And they are different each year so even if you have a hand-me down it won't be the same.

Sarah

BayGirl2
10-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Stuff I would have liked/did like since I am in their shoes right now:

- Trumpette socks are cute, but I got so many I needed to return some. Get the 12-24 mo size, those are harder to find.
- Girly clothing that's not pink and from Carters, I actually got duplicate pink Carters outfits bc they are all on sale and easy to find. Some really nice HA or Boden stuff that I wouldn't buy myself would be so cool!
- Frames for hand prints, first year pics, etc. Typically I don't get those kind of things, but I received them for DS and didn't for DD. Now I feel like I need to buy the equivalent sets for DD so she doesn't look left out on the walls.
- Monogrammed things for DD so not everything looks like a hand me down
- Child care or entertainment for older sibling, just for a break. 2 is harder than I expected when the baby is young.

And yes, everything seems to be pink in gift-land. I was really trying to avoid pink but I have a ton of it. Its almost starting to grow on me enough to use the stuff, but I still won't buy it myself.

arivecchi
10-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks all. I got a few Zutano owl items and a Little Giraffe blanket which should be nice for winter in the Midwest.

swissair81
10-18-2011, 03:30 PM
My standard present for close friends is a box of trumpette socks and a skip hop pronto in a gender neutral pattern. I think I got the last few in either red or the stripes you like. I also love the zutano owl items. I got a few for dd3 and I love them.

A friend of mine got my baby a jean jacket in a 6-12 month size. I wouldn't have personally have been fond of baby shoes, because my babies wear a 0-6 size at a year. They all have tiny feet.