PDA

View Full Version : Do you tell your IRL friends about the BBB?

mjs64
10-17-2011, 07:26 PM
I have 2 good friends who are new mamas and 1 who is newly pregnant. I sometimes refer to this forum as "my mommy board" and get curious looks, then quickly change the subject. And feel a little guilty. This is such a great place to go for information, entertainment and support, and yet, I want to keep it to myself. So I've not shared.

Do you tell your friends about the BBB? Poll coming.

katydid1971
10-18-2011, 12:10 AM
I like knowing about the great deals and cool toys. Friends and family members ask me for the information, I like being the one with the information and I don't let them know where I get it. :bag

Nooknookmom
10-18-2011, 02:20 AM
I voted mine all mine but have told a couple people about it. One I doubt would ever come around and the other wasn't a close friend.

I prefer to keep the worlds seperate.

lalasmama
10-18-2011, 02:43 AM
Like a PP, I prefer to keep this world of mine separate from IRL... However, I'll be meeting a mom off here soon, and I'm excited, but feel funny about the worlds colliding!

I used to refer to this as my mommy board... and then I just gave up, and just started saying "Oh, my friend told me about xyz" and leave it at that. I figure most people will ask what forum you go to, but if they think it's just a smart friend or two, then they don't ask to meet that friend, kwim? So, I've just rolled the BBB into "a friend" when talking to people. Ex-SO is the only one to tease about it--"Do you mean an IRL friend, or your mommy board online?" It depends on my mood what/who I tell him :P

Globetrotter
10-18-2011, 02:47 AM
The other day I had asked for advice on behalf of dh. He asked where I got this advice, and I told him "my people" :p He thinks I'm nuts, which is probably true.

elephantmeg
10-18-2011, 03:29 AM
people know I have a "mommy message board". I've shared the link with a few people but don't know that anyone has followed me over. I'm hoping my bro/SIL will as they progress with TTC-they asked me for the URL so I hope they do!

klwa
10-18-2011, 06:50 AM
I voted other. I usually recommend the book to everyone I know & figure that they can decide on their own if they want to wander over to the board the same way I did.

elizabethkott
10-18-2011, 06:56 AM
What do those seagulls in Finding Nemo say?
Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!
:D
I like to keep the worlds separate. I do give the BBB book to every friend who is expecting, though!

katydid1971
10-18-2011, 04:52 PM
What do those seagulls in Finding Nemo say?
Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!
:D
I like to keep the worlds separate. I do give the BBB book to every friend who is expecting, though!
Liz, your not going to share this with the Jones'?!?!

MamaMolly
10-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Complete strangers? Yes. In a heart beat. People I know? N.E.V.E.R. You guys are my secret hiding spot from my IRL crazies!