PDA

View Full Version : Registries - Is this TOO much?

Singlemom
10-18-2011, 09:47 AM
I've waited long enough and have decided to work on our registry. This is my 2nd baby and bf's 1st. My DD is 7 years old so I have NO baby stuff...donated, gave it away, or sold it all.

So anyway....We live in FL, bf's family lives in TX, and my family lives in IA. We have friends spread throughout the US.

I was thinking of registering at BRU and BBB but also Amazon for those who don't want to go to the store. Is that too much?

I even thought about duplicating items on Amazon. BBB has the stroller, pack and play, car seat, and bedding that I want. BRU has the rest of the "stuff."

What do you think? Also....what items should I make SURE to include...recommendations on favorites, brands, etc???
THANKS!!!!!!

vonfirmath
10-18-2011, 10:38 AM
I registered both BBB and Babies R Us for my 2nd -- just to get the freebies/on the lists etc. I have a wish list for her on Amazon too. Though that is more for keeping track of ideas, etc.

ahisma
10-18-2011, 10:42 AM
I was just shopping for a wedding gift this morning, they had four registries. Looking at them, it was clear that they were thoughtfully compiled with items that they would use / need. None of them were shocking huge or anything...made sense to me and I wasn't phased that there were four of them.

Singlemom
10-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks! I wasn't sure it if would seem like overkill..when in reality, I just want to make it easy for all of our friends and family who keep bugging me about "Where are you registered?" LOL!

bekahjean
10-18-2011, 11:36 AM
My BIL & SIL have three different registries for their baby. I didn't think it was a big deal. I think most people, whether they are buying online or in a store, will look online first. It really doesn't take very long to look at registries online. If there are things you want that are at different stores, go for it!

BabyBearsMom
10-18-2011, 12:32 PM
I would do Amazon and BBB. BRU has terrible Customer Service.

Singlemom
10-18-2011, 04:11 PM
I actually started the BRU registry yesterday...I got the "Register now and get a $10 gift card" coupon and couldn't pass it up. LOL! But I think I'm going to move most of the stuff off of there and shuffle it to Amazon or BBB.

I actually got VERY good customer service yesterday...I was SHOCKED lol...because I had prepared for the worst lol.

I think I will go ahead and put the majority of the stuff we need on BBB and Amazon and take it from there. Thanks everyone for the input!

YOU ALL ROCK!!!:jammin:

Singlemom
10-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Forgot to mention that I need to leave the BRU registry because it has our extra pieces for the convertible crib that bf's mom already purchased for us. Don't want to miss out on those lol.