PDA

View Full Version : Do I still want a peg? Or is it a brand new day?

gracielaw
10-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Almost eight years ago (OMG) on the advice of these boards I bought a Peg Perego P3. Basically loved it. Now I have another baby & was just going to buy the latest version but it's been a long time & I'm sure things have changed.

Based on what the old Peg could do is there something new that's even better? Improves on what I liked so much - it could go anywhere with those tires, loved the way it folded, etc..- Or would you suggest I just go ahead & order my old stroller, 2011 version?

Thanks!

legaleagle
10-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Oh, it's a whole new stroller world out there from 8 years ago! You may still end up with a peg but I'd consider some other stuff too, esp because there are so many more reversible options now. What's your lifestyle? Which features do you need/want? What's your budget?

strollerqueen
10-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Almost eight years ago (OMG) on the advice of these boards I bought a Peg Perego P3. Basically loved it. Now I have another baby & was just going to buy the latest version but it's been a long time & I'm sure things have changed.

Based on what the old Peg could do is there something new that's even better? Improves on what I liked so much - it could go anywhere with those tires, loved the way it folded, etc..- Or would you suggest I just go ahead & order my old stroller, 2011 version?

Thanks!
I still love Pegs, too! They now have a reversible P3, called the Switch. It is lightweight, and can fold with the seat on in either direction--front or rear facing. That is what I used for SP 2.0. for my car stroller. Also, for 2012, they switched from the double front wheels to single front wheels. Sooo much more maneuverable. And of course, they still have the most beautiful fabrics, huge canopy, snack tray, easy fold, etc.

mom3boys
10-18-2011, 02:11 PM
I would definitely consider something reversible. My stroller days began 5 years ago and I didn't want to spent the $$ on a Bugaboo just to have a reversible stroller and there weren't many other options at the time. Even having an AT (air tire or all-terrain) stroller was sort of novel!

There is so much out there even since 5 years ago. I finally have a reversible stroller with my latest DC and I really like being able to see him while I am strolling. It is great when you have a young baby, in my opinion. You can also get all sorts of strollers with bassinet attachments, also great for a newborn. There is just TONS to choose from now, it's kind of overwhelming!

So, yes, give an idea of budget and how you will use it (in and out of the car for errands, or more for walks from your house, etc.), oh, and how old your DC is and if you want to have only 1 stroller for everything or if you would consider having more than one (as many people on this board have)

gracielaw
10-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks guys!

My baby is 7 months old right now. My budget...Well, I think if I went over $500 my husband would give me major side eye so I need to cap it there.

I'll be using it for walks around the 'hood. Out & about at places like the mall (so I'd have to take it in & out of the car). I've recently really fallen in love with my ergo baby carrier and see myself using that a lot at places like the zoo. But then again, I get suckered into buying souvenirs so I probably will need a stroller for that basket underneath.