PDA

View Full Version : Help putting together new Indie

mackmama
10-18-2011, 03:21 PM
I have put my new Indie together but seem to have some unused snaps. I can't figure out what they are for! Hoping some Indie owners might help me out...

1) I have 2 unused snaps on each side right where the multi-use bar snaps in. What are these for?

2) If I unzip the canopy, I have 2 unused snaps (that are close together) right under the top of the seat. What are these for?

3) On the footrest: If I lift up the colored fabric, there are some fabric "wings" that look like they are supposed to wrap around the metal footplate and snap together. Mine can't reach each other to snap together. Can yours?

crl
10-18-2011, 03:25 PM
1. I don't know. I can't picture this.
2. I think you are talking about the snaps where you can snap the canopy to the seat back?
3. I think these are for if the leg rest is pushed up really high,you can snap these to make more of a nest?

Catherine

mackmama
10-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Is your Indie handlebar a little loose - like there is a little give?

momtoax3
10-19-2011, 11:53 AM
I can't picture exactly what you are talking about, but I think the extra snaps on the canopy are used if you gt the optional bassinet.

Pics maybe?

mackmama
10-19-2011, 12:34 PM
I contacted Bumbleride, and the snaps up top are for the optional carrycot. The snaps down low are for the footrest "wings." Good to know!

crl
10-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Is your Indie handlebar a little loose - like there is a little give?

I don't think so. But this is a real perception thing, IMO. A and I have had this debate in reverse about the Swift. I think the handlebar and brakes are stiff and hard to use and she thinks there must have been something wrong with mine. I'm guessing I am just a wimp. ;)

Total aside here: A neighbor used my indie yesterday (long story). She has a bob and the first thing she said about my indie was, "wow, this is easy to push." Quite a compliment to the indie coming from a bob user, I think!

Catherine