PDA

View Full Version : How much did you pay to install a wooden swingset?

elbenn
10-18-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm just trying to get an idea of what a typical cost is for the installation of a typical wooden swingset with a fort. If your cost included any ground leveling, please provide that info also. Thanks!

WatchingThemGrow
10-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Estimates were running $400ish, without ground leveling first. DH ended up doing it with the help of his brother instead. We had to buy dirt to level the spot, then do the rubber mulch for an extra $450. Any way to DIY?

lhafer
10-18-2011, 05:50 PM
No ground leveling needed. We just have grass under ours. I paid $300 and 1 guy came out in the am (around 9am) and put it together by himself. Took him about 10 hours.

BillK
10-18-2011, 05:58 PM
I did ours myself. Even if you're remotely handy it's really a rather simple install. Heck for $300-$400 for a basic install I'd be out there every day doing them! :)

mariza
10-18-2011, 06:51 PM
I found our guy on Craigslist, he charged $500 for a midsize 3 swing, 8 ft. Slide with wood roof fort. No leveling needed at our place. I wasn't prepared to pay $500 so I asked him if he'd be willing to let my DH help him so it actually cost us $250. Afterward DH said he probably could have done it alone, but I was happy to have someone that has BTDT before directing him. FWIW he said the big sets they sell at Costco run $700 and up to construct.

Jo..
10-18-2011, 07:36 PM
We paid $400 for our very large wooden playset. Including skids to float on top of our pea gravel and spikes/chains burried in the gravel and anchoring it into the ground. We got the installer's name from Sam's Club, where we bought the set.

It took two experienced people all day to install it, so was well worth it to us. We would have spent at least 8 weekends trying to do the same thing to save $400 ($25 per day). We are not handy.

Our set is coming up on year 4 and is rock solid.