PDA

View Full Version : What exactly does Amazon Prime shipping mean?

veronica
10-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Mini-rant here but I ordered on sunday, the 16th. I am fairly certain that weekend orders would count as if I ordered on Monday. If the item has prime shipping, shouldn't it arrive today? Am I counting the days incorrectly?

My order will be arriving on the 21st???? The item does have a S&S discount of 15% but it also has a coupon code for 20%. When I tried to use both, it did not work, so I went with the 20% and prime ship (I know that s&s would have negated the prime). I'm annoyed.

Should I call amazon today? you know......with my free time:hysterical:

I'm mostly annoyed because it's for hand soap and we ran out. I bought the lysol hands-free pumps and needed refills. My plan is to try to refill the containers but since i only have the original ones, i didn't want to try and get stuck with breaking the containers and no soap so I figured I'd buy refills once and work with the original containers in the meantime.

NOW, I HAVE NO SOAP :(

here is the item....
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004S6BXLW/ref=ox_ya_os_product

khalloc
10-19-2011, 10:59 AM
It means it has 2 day shipping. It doesnt mean 2 days starting at the day you ordered. It means 2 days starting at the day it gets shipped.

hopeful_mama
10-19-2011, 11:48 AM
If you had placed it as a one-time order, it would have had Prime shipping. But when you choose subscribe & save you don't get Prime shipping (you used to but they stopped that awhile back). If you have one-click settings turned on you see the difference on the right-hand side, otherwise, you should see the difference in times at checkout.

JElaineB
10-19-2011, 12:52 PM
I've noticed only orders placed on Saturday will arrive on Tuesday. Those placed on Sunday usually say they will arrive Wednesday. What date did it promise when you were on the item's page?

ahisma
10-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Yes, if you ordered on Sunday it should count as if you ordered on Monday..therefore arriving today (Wednesday).

When is it due to arrive?

I'd call. I've called on a few things lately and have oddly been given a $15 account credit each time.

veronica
10-19-2011, 01:15 PM
scheduled to arrive on the 21st.

I did a chat. Rep tried to figure out why it's taking so long. he claimed I chose standard shipping-I never touch anything, just hit add to cart and then "place order".

I thought about it and here is what I think may have happened:
I initially tried to subscribe and added the coupon code in the coupon field. That is when I noticed that it would only take one or the other so I just applied the coupon, rather than subscribe. But, since I originally hit subscribe-it takes you immediately to checkout and amaozon must remove the prime ship on their end when you click that way.

so, even though I did not subscribe, it had changed my shipping.

ughhhhh...I miss the good old days of amazon.....

CS just said it was my fault (I don't think it entirely is) and that's it. I asked for a prepaid label to send it back because I have to go get soap now.......which is what I was trying to avoid anyway.