PDA

View Full Version : Boden satchel

twowhat?
10-19-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm kind of drooling over the Favourite Satchel on today's COTD. It looks large enough to hold a laptop in a sleeve and I'm really tempted to get it for work (I don't travel that often but when I do, I don't have a nice "work" bag that doubles as a purse (I've been doing business travel with a laptop backpack - nice).

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Accessories/Bags/AM145-NAV/Womens-Navy-Favourite-Satchel.html

Any opinions??

goldenpig
10-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Get the red!!!!
You need some color in your life, girl! :jammin:

crl
10-19-2011, 03:24 PM
I like it! The only thing I'd worry about is scratches from travel, with the high gloss finish of patent leather they would really show.

Catherine

twowhat?
10-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Get the red!!!!

Oh no!!!! I like the navy!!

♥ms.pacman♥
10-19-2011, 03:25 PM
that looks cute! i looooove red patent, but for a purse that style & size (big enough to hold a laptop), i'd probably go for the navy or green. as a reviewer mentioned, the green is really fall-ish looking.

goldenpig
10-19-2011, 03:26 PM
It's the perfect pop of color to go with all your gray and black and white outfits. :love5: Easy way to start adding color if you're not comfortable wearing it. Do it!!! :cheerleader1:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Dw0lfk21z9s/TjArDVH9nBI/AAAAAAAAFS8/kGfRxKQXaeQ/s1600/favourite+satchel+scarlet.jpg

twowhat?
10-19-2011, 03:30 PM
that looks cute! i looooove red patent, but for a purse that style & size (big enough to hold a laptop), i'd probably go for the navy or green. as a reviewer mentioned, the green is really fall-ish looking.

Think navy would work for both fall and summer? Sorry, GP! I love the red patent too but am thinking the navy would be more "conservative" for work. I promise I'll get some scarves or belts with color!

I'm tempted - it's FR/FS right so it couldn't hurt to get it and see if I like it??

♥ms.pacman♥
10-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Think navy would work for both fall and summer? Sorry, GP! I love the red patent too but am thinking the navy would be more "conservative" for work. I promise I'll get some scarves or belts with color!

I'm tempted - it's FR/FS right so it couldn't hurt to get it and see if I like it??

Yeah, i think navy would be great for both fall and summer. I really like the red, and i agree with GP that red is perfect for black/white/grey outfits. Though after reading the reviews and seeing measurements, it sounds like it's rather big and more like a work tote than a purse (the model is probably 6', which distorts perception of how big the bag looks).

With FR/FS, i'd totally go for it!! :)

Twoboos
10-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Get the red!!!!

I'm with GP, go for the red! I love a red bag!!

mjmamma
10-19-2011, 10:29 PM
I have an older version and love it! The navy is the way to go...the patent is so fun and the color balances it..

twowhat?
10-19-2011, 10:34 PM
OK I did it. I got the navy. I really thought hard about the red, but agree with Ms Pacman that the bag looks to be pretty large based on the measurements and reviews, and I'm really skinny and not particularly tall. So I didn't want it to overwhelm me. It's on a 2-week backorder and I can't wait to get it and see if I like it!!