PDA

View Full Version : Going to DW for 1 night/2 days. Where to stay?

sewarsh
10-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Going January 31-Feb 1.
I assume we'll go to Magic Kingdom either both days or maybe MK one day and Sea World the second day.

Will be our family and most likely my mom, so I guess a 2 BR would be best, or a suite. But I'm primarily most concerned with the location....

emily_gracesmama
10-19-2011, 05:54 PM
If on site you would probably love staying at Bay Lake where you can get a 2 bedroom and access monorail at the contemporary. Having monorail access will be huge since you will probably have at least 2 strollers ( no need to fold them on monorail). Grand Floridian polynesian and contemporary are on monorail which is such a wonderful thing! Really I love that thing. We've done Animal Kingdom lodge before and the breakdown of strollers and the time the buses take blows.

KLD313
10-19-2011, 06:36 PM
If you want to stay offsite but close check out the Sheraton Vistna Resort. It's a timeshare place so just say no to the presentation but they have two bedroom suites with a kitchen and laundry. They just renovated so eveythng is new and it's like 5 mins from Disney with a car. They have shuttles too but I didn't use them.

DietCokeLover
10-19-2011, 06:39 PM
You might also look at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. There have been several posts about it, you could do a search on here and get a lot of information. It's a wonderful resort.

MSWR0319
10-19-2011, 07:42 PM
You might also look at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. There have been several posts about it, you could do a search on here and get a lot of information. It's a wonderful resort.

:yeahthat:

We stayed there and loved it. If you have a car it's no problem getting to the parks.

clc053103
10-21-2011, 09:02 AM
For one night, focusing on MK, I would absolutely stay at a monorail resort and enjoy the full Disney experience. Car or no car, for such a short stay I would not want to drive back and forth when I could be right there in the action.

sewarsh
10-21-2011, 01:07 PM
For one night, focusing on MK, I would absolutely stay at a monorail resort and enjoy the full Disney experience. Car or no car, for such a short stay I would not want to drive back and forth when I could be right there in the action.

Yes I agree, but now we're thinking 1 day at MK & 1 day at Sea World....decisions, decisions!

sewarsh
11-19-2011, 04:06 PM
any other suggestions? thx.

WatchingThemGrow
11-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Since we are doing MK one Day and Sea world the next , we are staying at Pop Century this time , we decided that we would stay at monorail resorts when we are doing MK or only WDW stuff. The price difference is crazy! We have done one night stays at port Orleans and fit 5 in a room.