PDA

View Full Version : Quick sleep help needed!

ourbabygirl
10-19-2011, 04:22 PM
I've been trying to lay down 12 month old DS for a nap since 1:30, when he first started acting tired. It's now 3:20 and he hasn't slept. I've tried everything and he just won't fall asleep. Took a nap from 10:30-11:45 today, but always sleeps again in the afternoon, so I don't know why he won't sleep today. I've been moving him between his bedroom (next to sleeping DD) and DH's office (main floor pack & play) because I don't want his crying to wake up DD.

Should I give up? He usually goes to bed by 6:30 or so, and I don't know that he can make it that long, so I really don't want to put him down earlier than that tonight or he'll be even more off.

TIA!

ETA: He finished lunch around 1 and I nursed him around 2 when he was taking so long to go down, I figured maybe he was hungry again.

momm
10-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Is he teething? Motrin?

ourbabygirl
10-19-2011, 04:43 PM
No, I don't think so. He does have a bit of a runny nose from a slight cold, but I still thought he'd be tired enough to take an afternoon nap!
Anyhow, I decided to abort the mission. He's now in the kitchen with me having a snack while I try to scramble together some dinner. :)

mikala
10-19-2011, 04:48 PM
If he'll tolerate it I'd pop him in a carrier on your back and do errands around the house. He'll either conk out from the motion of you moving or will stay up and hopefully just zone out for a bit so you can both get a little quiet time.