PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell my MBUD??

bisous
10-19-2011, 04:58 PM
I LOVE my MBUD. I've only wanted one since like 2003 or something and just got a used one this summer. It is beautiful, it works great... BUT I have a baby that screams every time he gets in it! The past two days, I've pushed just my 4 year old in the MBUD while carrying my 5 week old in the Baby Bjorn. The imposing size of this double is making me wonder if I'm ever going to use it the way it was intended or if I shouldn't just spring for a single?

I had intended to do quite a bit of walking around town/exercising out and about. Currently, we all walk DS1 (8 years old) to school and pick him up every day. ONce I'm given the go ahead, I was going to walk to the grocery store, the library, the post office, etc. I LOVE walking around town and so does my 4 year old!

Unfortunately, DS3 DOES NOT love being in the stroller. This is really new territory to me. Will he ever love it? FWIW he seems to hate the car too. Really, our only way of getting around where he doesn't scream is the Baby Bjorn!

If I sell my MBUD now I'm sure I can recoup most of my craigslist cost. Since we'll still be walking to school, I probably still need a single. DS2 will be in K next year and I doubt I'll need a double beyond this year anyway...

WWYD??

crl
10-19-2011, 10:40 PM
I'd wait at least another month. They change so fast at the newborn stage in terms of preferences, etc.

Catherine

hoodlims
10-19-2011, 10:59 PM
My baby wouldn't sit in a stroller or carseat until around 7 months old. She didn't like a carseat until we put her in a convertible, and I wore her EVERYWHERE. Literally, we could not walk/drive down the street without a ton of screaming and crying. Sometimes I felt it was easier to babywear, especially for breastfeeding on the go, except I had no place to put all my junk. As soon as she started walking, she was done with the stroller again. We were big on the stroller usage for about 5-6 months.

I'd wait and see. You may wait awhile, but it is better than wanting to buy ANOTHER one once your baby hits an age where he will sit.

Multimama
10-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I would definitely wait. Their preferences are really so changeable at that age and you don't want to sell it prematurely and then face trying to find something else or doing without a double that would have been really helpful.

MommyAllison
10-20-2011, 01:23 AM
I'd wait, too. Do you have a single at all right now?

BayGirl2
10-20-2011, 01:44 AM
As you know, I'm having the same problem. I'd wait, at this age they are so tiny I think they become more comfortable as they get better at organizing themselves. Plus IIRC you got a good deal on the MBUD so it may be hard to replace it if you want to later. In the meantime it's soon frustrating. If feel you pain.

meggswife
10-20-2011, 01:24 PM
I just wanted to mention something in case you hadn't thought of it. My little guy, who is now 10 months old, also screamed in the car seat and other "seated positions". I ended up taking him to a chiropractor who specializes in infants and children (after a friend suggested it) and it turned out he had a slipped vertebrae (likely from the birth process). She was able to fix it easily, (he slept through it), and he was much more comfortable after that. It also helped with his digestion. (In his case, it was his T6.) I had no idea that a chiropractor could help a little baby, but I was so glad I found out. I hope this helps. Congratulations on your new blessing!

Stacie