PDA

View Full Version : Anyone See BubbaRay (Melissa) Lately?

Indianamom2
10-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Maybe I've just missed her posts, but I didn't think I'd seen her recently. Hope you're ok!

WatchingThemGrow
10-19-2011, 10:08 PM
I Was going to start the same thread!!! Hope you're just on a vacation or doing somethIng fun, Melissa ! We miss you ! Hope your DD is coping with the foot injury.

buddyleebaby
10-19-2011, 10:12 PM
I haven't "seen" her since the teacher thread, but it says she was last active here two days ago. :waving4:

plusbellelavie
10-19-2011, 10:26 PM
I was thinking the same thing today....I hope all is well with her!

gatorsmom
11-30-2011, 12:26 PM
I've been watching closely for her for the last 2 months. I sent her a pm not long after the teacher/education thread. She said she was never coming back here. A teacher on that thread actually attacked her children. Melissa said when her children become attacked, that is when she is done.

You can read the thread here: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=411828&highlight=bubbaray+melissa

I've been watching, hoping she'd change her mind and come back but it looks like she hasn't even checked in.

It's sad when someone leaves. I still miss Lizajane. Bubbaray was a huge contributor here. She helped me more times that I can say. and she was very, very active and helpful in the carseat forum. That thread was heated, but I agree it was a very low-blow for that teacher to attack Melissa's children. i almost don't blame her for leaving.

JElaineB
11-30-2011, 12:32 PM
I've been watching closely for her for the last 2 months. I sent her a pm not long after the teacher/education thread. She said she was never coming back here. A teacher on that thread actually attacked her children. Melissa said when her children become attacked, that is when she is done.

You can read the thread here: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=411828&highlight=bubbaray+melissa

I've been watching, hoping she'd change her mind and come back but it looks like she hasn't even checked in.

It's sad when someone leaves. I still miss Lizajane. Bubbaray was a huge contributor here. She helped me more times that I can say. and she was very, very active and helpful in the carseat forum. That thread was heated, but I agree it was a very low-blow for that teacher to attack Melissa's children. i almost don't blame her for leaving.

I've completely stayed out of this thread and the one you've linked to, but why are you dredging up this 6 week old thread now? Wasn't there enough hurt feelings on both sides the first two times?

gatorsmom
11-30-2011, 12:37 PM
I've completely stayed out of this thread and the one you've linked to, but why are you dredging up this 6 week old thread now? Wasn't there enough hurt feelings on both sides the first two times?

Because Melissa is gone. She was a HUGE contributor here for years. She was a Godsend in the carseat and disney forums. I sent her a pm asking her where she had been about 6 weeks ago and she said that because someone actually attacked HER children, something I'd never seen done here before, she decided to leave. We are all the poorer for her leaving. I thought maybe she'd change her mind, sometimes after heated threads I find I need some time away from the boards. But she hasn't come back and I think our board is truly missing out on a great resource.

I didn't see this thread when it first came out and decided to resurrect it. If you'd like me to, I'll start a new thread.

AnnieW625
11-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Because Melissa is gone. She was a HUGE contributor here for years. She was a Godsend in the carseat and disney forums. I sent her a pm asking her where she had been about 6 weeks ago and she said that because someone actually attacked HER children, something I'd never seen done here before, she decided to leave. We are all the poorer for her leaving. I thought maybe she'd change her mind, sometimes after heated threads I find I need some time away from the boards. But she hasn't come back and I think our board is truly missing out on a great resource.

I didn't see this thread when it first came out and decided to resurrect it. If you'd like me to, I'll start a new thread.

:yeahthat: I miss Melissa a lot.

overcome
11-30-2011, 12:52 PM
It's sad when someone leaves. I still miss Lizajane.

What happened to LizaJane? She was a regular when I had DD. She did have some great insight. I've been away for awhile and just recently returned so I missed her leaving.

gatorsmom
11-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Another member here insulted her and her parenting. I'm not naming any names, but it wasn't nice.

She hasn't been back in years.

daisymommy
11-30-2011, 12:58 PM
gatorsmom~ your PM box is full ;)

buddyleebaby
11-30-2011, 01:01 PM

There was another thread like this started a few weeks ago and the mods asked us to stop posting in it because it became heated.
I disagree that Melissa's children were attacked in that thread, but regardless, she made the choice that she felt was best for her, and she is free to come back at anytime.

hillview
11-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Bubbaray was a huge contributor here. She helped me more times that I can say. and she was very, very active and helpful in the carseat forum.
:yeahthat:

amldaley
11-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Okay - I am going to jump in and just say "PLEASE, CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?"

The teacher thread was colossal and heated and sensitive on every side. I, personally, don't believe the Melissa's children were "attacked". (If so, please point out the post.)

Someone posted a very pointed comment about Melissa's ability and/or willingness to deal with her own children. IMO, there was nothing in it that insulted her children specifically.

However, some people, and obviously Melissa, found it to be an attack and found it hurtful or offensive. And that is up for each person to decide for ourselves.

It was yet another disagreement in a long string of topics that we weren't, and likely still won't be, able to resolve.

It tooks us weeks to get back to normal around here. And I am sorry she does not feel she can or wants to post here anymore. But I would really be disappointed to see the general atmosphere of our board and our friendships here strained to that extent again. People felt very strongly on both sides and that is not going to change.

So, please, please please, can't we all just get along and move on? I am all for a "Hey, Melissa, you are missed" but can't we pleeeeeeeeeeeease just leave it at that????

gatorsmom
11-30-2011, 01:44 PM
It tooks us weeks to get back to normal around here. And I am sorry she does not feel she can or wants to post here anymore. But I would really be disappointed to see the general atmosphere of our board and our friendships here strained to that extent again. People felt very strongly on both sides and that is not going to change.

See that's the thing. In my opinion, and I"ve been here a LONG time, it has not gotten back to normal. You talk about friendships no longer being "strained" but the fact is that someone here- one of the most productive members of this board- still feels so hurt that she refuses to come back.

Melissa posted here every day. She saved my butt and a lot of others' more times than anyone else here with all kinds of invaluable advice about flying with kids, legal issues, carseat advice, and product info. I dont' think it's an exageration to say she was one of the most productive members here. She also never failed to offer congrats on the new birth threads or to offer condolences or prayers on the mojo threads. However, I think because she offered her opinions without sugar-coating them, many here are more than happy to see leave. That saddens me.

Honestly, we've seen some really heated threads before. It happens every few months and especially at election times (just wait to see how bad it gets around here a year from now). And saying "let's just all get along" has been said before. We are all different. We all have different opinions and experiences. That is why this board is so rich and helpful. But whether someone else feels Bubbaray wasn't insulted really doesn't matter. What matters is how she felt. I don't think apologies are too much to ask for here. In fact, considering how productive she was, I'm surprise the Fields haven't contacted her directly.

There was another thread like this started a few weeks ago and the mods asked us to stop posting in it because it became heated.

Oh, I missed that post and the one I resurrected above.

gatorsmom~ your PM box is full ;)

I emptied out some room. I'd love to hear from you. :)

Puddy73
11-30-2011, 01:56 PM
I'll just say that I miss her, too. She gave me some great advice and encouragement at a time that I really needed it.

MontrealMum
11-30-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm going to go ahead and close this thread now. The previous thread related to this one got quite heated and came quite close to personal attacks. If people want to contact Bubbaray with messages of support or to say hi, they can pm her. Her account is still active here.