PDA

View Full Version : Melissa and Doug Deluxe Folding Castle

traciann
10-19-2011, 09:55 PM
I am thinking of getting this for my 3 year old for christmas. I have noticed that she is doing quite alot of pretend play with her figurines (princess, strawberry shortcakes, etc) and was thinking a castle would be fun for her. If you bought the castle has it seen alot of play? Has it been a good buy? Just wanted to make sure before I purchase for her. Thanks!

abh5e8
10-19-2011, 10:16 PM
yes!! we have it and my 3 yo ds and 4.5 yo dd play with it all the time. i like how it opens up, so easy for several children to play with at once. it also has some fun features like the working draw bridge and trap door and jail. they use all sorts of animals and people in it. i was very disappointed with the M&D doll house (castle) people as far as quality goes, but the castle itself has been great.

katydid1971
10-20-2011, 12:05 AM
We got DD the castle last Christmas. She really likes and plays with it quite a bit. Based on reviews and just the looks of them in general I skipped the M&D people that go with the castle. I did buy the furniture because I got a great deal from Amazon last Christmas and its fine but reviews I read said it works well with playmobil and I might buy some of those pieces in the future. DD uses her Disney Princess Favorite Moments dolls (the polly pocket ones) with it and they work great in it. Strawberry Shortcake has been known to have play dates there as well.

KrisM
10-23-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm thinking of this for DD for her Polly Pockets. I wonder when they outgrow the castles though? She's 5.5 now. Do you think she'd get a few years of play from it?

traciann
10-23-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm thinking of this for DD for her Polly Pockets. I wonder when they outgrow the castles though? She's 5.5 now. Do you think she'd get a few years of play from it?

I have shown the castle to my 6.5 year old and she seems excited to play with it. I was thinking that they could use all figurines like LPS, and Disney figurines. I saw a picture with playmobil pieces in it, so I am thinking it would work for a variety of toys. I am going to watch it and see how low it goes on Amazon.