PDA

View Full Version : First time w a 1 yr old tips please!

adrimolina
10-19-2011, 10:15 PM
I have been to Disney more times than I can count BUT never as a mom! I am a first time mom and baby will be 1yr old when we go in December. All tips and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

liz
10-19-2011, 11:18 PM
We went last year and our youngest turned one on the trip. One of the best tips I got (from fellow BBBers :love5:) was to buy a baby carrier and I was so glad I did. I was able to "wear" the baby on and off rides- I forgot that you had to park the strollers far away from the entrance to the rides.

I know a lot of moms recommend getting a hotel on the monorail line.

I loved having a room with a full kitchen and laundry (we stayed at Saratoga Springs).

hmm, I know I will think of more....

TwinFoxes
10-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Find where the baby care rooms are in each of the park! They are AWESOME. Lovely padded changing tables in a big room, a nice place to nurse, microwave oven.

I also liked having a kitchen and laundry. We stayed at Boardwalk Villas. It's not on the monorail, but it's very convenient being able to walk to two parks.

Get her a "my first visit" button. :)

Don't forget, baby eats free, buffets were a good choice for us. But sit-down places worked too, we never had a problem with wait times with our ADRs.

LKMang
10-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Enjoy it!!! DS has been two times already (and our 3rd visit will be in december). We went for his 1st birthday and that was by far the best trip. He wasn't scared of anything (got amazing pictures with the characters!), would easily nap in the strollers and just generally loved it all! It was fun to see the little things that he loved that we would have just walked right past. We spend time at Universal (mommy and daddy's favorite) and he spend hours playing in the little fountains in the curious george area.

Seriously, enjoy it! Our second trip (DS was almost 2) was full of tantrums and crying!!!

If your baby's hair is long and ready for a cut, I do recommend a haircut at the barber shop on main street in magic kingdom. just priceless!

Have fun!