PDA

View Full Version : Sephora Friend and Family Sale...What are you buying?

plusbellelavie
10-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Any suggestions on items to purchased/try during this sale? Must haves, etc!!

Also...looking for recommendations for a great mascara!!

Thanks

khalloc
10-20-2011, 10:26 AM
I have some benefit Bad Gal mascara that I love. I also really like that Clinique Mascara with the wierd green wand. I forget the name of it. But it comes in a white container.

Twoboos
10-20-2011, 10:27 AM
I am thinking about getting this Brazilian peel. I need to refresh things around here!!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P261612&categoryId=B70

Looking forward to getting more ideas!

ETA: maybe Clinique Black Honey Almost lipstick, I've been hearing about this color for years and might finally pull the trigger.

brittone2
10-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Josie Maran Argan oil
Some Art of Shaving stuff for DH's stocking (for his birthday this year I got him some lovely shaving stuff and he loves it. He's using shaving soap, a brush, an Edwin Jagger razor, etc. now. I'm getting him some pre-shave oil and some aftershave in sandalwood).
Tarte tinted moisturizer
I'll probably pick up another Josie Maran product or two (I have a lipgloss I love from a year ago but Sephora doesn't carry it. Booo).

FTMLuc
10-20-2011, 10:32 AM
ETA: maybe Clinique Black Honey Almost lipstick, I've been hearing about this color for years and might finally pull the trigger.

I have it and love it, the color is amazingly natural and will look great on any complection. It is my go to lipstick.

stinkyfeet
10-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Is the F&F sale on soon? I didn't get email.

To OP, I like Maybelline Full and soft mascara. It works pretty well. I don't like to spend so much on mascara since you have to change it so often due to bacteria buildup.

emily
10-20-2011, 10:37 AM
So far I can only think of more Tarte tinted moisturizer for me.
I buy both my mom and MIL their Sheisido skincare during the F&F.
I may do a little early Christmas shopping for some ladies in my office.

Can anyone recommend a good concealer? I've been using the BE one but it's just not enough coverage and sometimes it looks cakey.

brittone2
10-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Is the F&F sale on soon? I didn't get email.
There's a link in the bargains section where you click on a Sephora link, enter your email, and it will give you a one time use code.

plusbellelavie
10-20-2011, 10:43 AM
I think there is a thread here announcing it but also here it is from slickdeals...

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3403202

Kindra178
10-20-2011, 10:55 AM
The black honey lip duo - it's a lip balm with spf.

FTMLuc
10-20-2011, 11:02 AM

I have never tried Tarte before, do you like them? I placed a bunch of Tarte lip pencils in my bag.

AnnieW625
10-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Not sure yet, but I really like Diorshow mascara.

emily
10-20-2011, 11:18 AM
I have never tried Tarte before, do you like them? I placed a bunch of Tarte lip pencils in my bag.

The tinted moisturizer is the only thing I have tried from Tarte. I found out about it from here. It's just enough coverage and has SPF. I alternate between it and BE foundation. I love it.

zoestargrove
10-20-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm not a make-uppy kind of gal, but I'm feeling my age lately. I'll be watching this thread for suggestions for light foundations with spf. I can't find the name of the stuff Fairy recomended for skin? I know I wrote it down somewhere.

edited to say I found it.

Lancome hi res 5x eye serum, 3x anti wrinkkle cream, and bi-facil makeup remover

Nicsmom
10-20-2011, 12:18 PM
I bought a lot of things:

First Aid Facial Radiance Pads (love them)
Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer
Clinique Black Honey Almost lipstick
Acqua di Parma shaving gel - a present for DH
Lancome Hypnôse Doll Lashes Set
DDF Protect and Correct™ UV Moisturizer SPF 15

BabyH
10-20-2011, 02:46 PM
The Tarte lipsurgence set is INCREDIBLE - it is a drop deal insane deal if you're into Tarte products. All of the colors are gorgeous, and I've been wearing four out of five since I bought the set (the fifth will be better in the summer).

I'm thinking I'll get some Ole Henriksen eye cream and sephora brand eyeliners (I truly think they are an underrated product, and only $8 each!).

I wish Sephora would get the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation..... the stuff ROCKS and I'm looking forward to when I can buy it there and not just QVC.

elbenn
10-20-2011, 02:58 PM
I wanted the Urban Decay Naked Palette but it's OOS. Anyone have any good eye shadow palette suggestions?

BabyH
10-20-2011, 03:04 PM

I know you weren't asking me :loveeyes: BUT almost everything I use is Tarte now.... the only thing that isn't is most of my eye stuff. But I want to try the Tarte concealer (right now I use Benefit) to see if I like it better. But a super big YES to the lip pencils... they are my #1 favorite beauty item.

chiisai
10-20-2011, 03:58 PM
In my basket at the moment:

-Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster
-First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads (deciding between these and the philosophy micro pads)
-The rollerball fragrance set

Brazilian peel was in, but now it's out ($$)

larig
10-20-2011, 04:02 PM
korres yoghurt cream--best lotion I've found for my skin that breaks out with most lotion
some make up
sephora eye shadow pencil

based on my love of the above mentioned cream, I may splurge on this korres anti-aging concealer (http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P287109&categoryId=B70#BVRRWidgetID)

artvandalay
10-20-2011, 04:14 PM
korres yoghurt cream--best lotion I've found for my skin that breaks out with most lotion

I love this stuff. One of the few moisturizers that never breaks me out. I've been impressed with every Korres product I've ever tried.

Was thinking of trying the Korres blush next.

larig
10-20-2011, 04:28 PM
I love this stuff. One of the few moisturizers that never breaks me out. I've been impressed with every Korres product I've ever tried.

this is good to know, I just added the whole yoghurt pack to my cart--good deal for $45.

stinkyfeet
10-20-2011, 04:30 PM
I like the tarte tinted moisturizer too. It has light to medium coverage. You defnitely need to use a moisturizer in addition to this as its not very moisturizing.

Lately, I have been using Boscia's bb cream. It is a one color for all skin tones type of base. It is what I would call sheer to light coverage. I like it bc it feels light and cool on my skin and provides just enough coverage. It also has SPF 27 coverage.

I like the ole henriksson truth serum that another poster recommend.

I need to pick uo some skincare stuff. I am in desperate need of an eye cream. I am in my early 30's. Does anyone have a recommendation?

rolypoly27
10-20-2011, 04:35 PM

Is this good for oily skin? I've been using the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free line and my skin broke out all over my face. I'm looking for an alternative.

artvandalay
10-20-2011, 04:37 PM
this is good to know, I just added the whole yoghurt pack to my cart--good deal for $45.

It's a nice pack. I really like the Green Tea cleanser and the primrose eye cream. The mask is just alright, I really prefer the moisturizer over the mask, but it's definitely a really good deal. Their mineral foundation is really good, too... much better than Bare Minerals IMO.

artvandalay
10-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Is this good for oily skin? I've been using the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free line and my skin broke out all over my face. I'm looking for an alternative.

Yes, it's made for oily but dehydrated skin. I"m breakout prone but this has never given me any problems. If you're breakout prone, just spot test it on a portion of your face (like one cheek) for a week or two before going to your whole face.

I read there is a European SPF 30 version of the Korres Yogurt... I wish they would sell it here in the states.

larig
10-20-2011, 04:40 PM
It's a nice pack. I really like the Green Tea cleanser and the primrose eye cream. The mask is just alright, I really prefer the moisturizer over the mask, but it's definitely a really good deal. Their mineral foundation is really good, too... much better than Bare Minerals IMO.

really? hmm. I may have to try it. 20% off makes a lot of things tempting--and sephora's return policy helps.
eta: digging that it is spy 30
I am pale, how are the colors?

larig
10-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Yes, it's made for oily but dehydrated skin. I"m breakout prone but this has never given me any problems. If you're breakout prone, just spot test it on a portion of your face (like one cheek) for a week or two before going to your whole face.

I read there is a European SPF 30 version of the Korres Yogurt... I wish they would sell it here in the states.

oh I must find this.

boogiemomz
10-20-2011, 05:43 PM

Can anyone recommend a good concealer? I've been using the BE one but it's just not enough coverage and sometimes it looks cakey.

I've been using "boi-ing" by Benefit and I like it. Smooth and glides on easily, and color blends well.

artvandalay
10-20-2011, 06:01 PM
really? hmm. I may have to try it. 20% off makes a lot of things tempting--and sephora's return policy helps.
eta: digging that it is spy 30
I am pale, how are the colors?

I can wear both of the lightest shades (fair and light) I"m NC15 in MAC shade. I think they lean more yellow toned than pink.

Do you live near a Sephora? They made me two samples, one of each shade. Maybe get two samples and check them out before buying the big size?

lovebebes
10-20-2011, 06:04 PM

Have you tried the Hourglass concealer? I am using it now and really like it so far, mostly i love that its a stick, which makes applications and touch up a breeze. It does cover pretty well-i only use concealer for under eye btw so when i reference coverage, that is the area i speak of. I like that it is natural- at least Hourglass line is supposed to be.

I am thinking of picking up a blow dryer from Sultra, since buying the Sultra curling iron has pretty much CHANGED my life. I can now do lucious beachy waves in seconds. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Am wondering if the blow dryer can really make a difference...will have to see. Am also thinking of picking up that teeth whitening thing thats normally $275...forget what its called...Glow?

Speaking of Josie M. - I met her the other day and she is incredibly sweet! I SWEAR by her argan oil, it has turned the clock back as far as my skin goes! I get the huge bottle because I love the pump!

I need to go on the site to obsess about what else to get. I have not been treating myself to any beauty stuff lately and i think its time. I dont really use eye shadow/liner/lipstick so I am thinking more along the lines of skin care (shiseido) and styling stuff such as blow dryer etc.

3isEnough
10-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Has anyone tried Tarte's Cheek Stain http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P38468&categoryId=C12001? It looks interesting and like something I could use.

If you've used it or are otherwise familiar with it, what would be a good color for someone a bit fair skinned?

sntm
10-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Has anyone tried Tarte's Cheek Stain http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P38468&categoryId=C12001? It looks interesting and like something I could use.

If you've used it or are otherwise familiar with it, what would be a good color for someone a bit fair skinned?

I've used flushed and tipsy and both look good. I'm fair skinned. They last forever - I threw mine out after a few years because I broke the cap and they were getting dried out. I still had more than half left.

spanannie
10-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Some of the things I stock up on . . .
Lancome Definicils Mascara
Clinique Take the Day off Balm
Nars Dolce Vita lipstick
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

oneplustwo
10-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Does anyone know if Tarte's tinted moisturizer still has retinyl palmitate in it? From some of the reviews, it sounds like the product's been reformulated and the ingredients listed on Sephora's website aren't current. I'd love to try it if it doesn't have retinyl palmitate anymore.

BabyMine
10-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Lip tattoos

brittone2
10-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Does anyone know if Tarte's tinted moisturizer still has retinyl palmitate in it? From some of the reviews, it sounds like the product's been reformulated and the ingredients listed on Sephora's website aren't current. I'd love to try it if it doesn't have retinyl palmitate anymore.
IIRC it does. It is one of the things I dislike about it. I won't wear it out in the sun (on a day when I'll be outside for hours) for that reason. I use mineral makeup if I'm going to be outside for a longer period of time.

BabyH
10-20-2011, 07:54 PM

They can be tricky, because IME they look so much darker in the bottle than they do on your skin. Usually Tarte makes a mini-set so you could try a few of them, and if you like all of them, they won't dry out so fast...... my favorite color is Natural Beauty, but I'm not too fair so it might be too dark for you.

Cam&Clay
10-20-2011, 08:00 PM
I got the following:

Philosophy supernatural foundation (my fav)
Philosophy Amazing Grace cologn(the only scent I have ever used a whole bottle of)
Clinique Black Honey lipstick (cuz everybody here said so)
3 Sephora wide eyeliner/shadow sticks

jgenie
10-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Links please for Tarte lip pencils and Sephora eye pencils. :D TIA

BabyH
10-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Links please for Tarte lip pencils and Sephora eye pencils. :D TIA

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P296606&categoryId=C12001

And........ my personal sephora F&F code just came through to my email. So maybe they are doing it both ways this year after all...

oneplustwo
10-20-2011, 08:38 PM
IIRC it does. It is one of the things I dislike about it. I won't wear it out in the sun (on a day when I'll be outside for hours) for that reason. I use mineral makeup if I'm going to be outside for a longer period of time.

Thanks, Beth. Drat. Looks like I'll skip trying it out, unless I have time to pop into Sephora in person to review the ingredients.

army_mom
10-20-2011, 08:38 PM
bliss vanilla and bergamont scrub and body wash!! already on sale plus extra 20% :bighand: I LOVE this scent. I will probably place another order and stock up on Smashbox primer.

brittone2
10-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks, Beth. Drat. Looks like I'll skip trying it out, unless I have time to pop into Sephora in person to review the ingredients.
I just picked a new Tarte tinted moisturizer a few days ago at a Sephora in JC Penney and just confirmed it does still have retinyl palmitate. That way it will save you a trip. I wish they would take it out.

wallawala
10-20-2011, 11:11 PM
In my cart...

Clinique Black Honey Blush
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml%3B$sessionid$U4HOONPGMNRVMCV0KQNQ5UQ ;jsessionid=U4HOONPGMNRVMCV0KQNQ5UQ?categoryId=A17&id=P293607

Urban Decay Naked Eye Pencils (have the eyeshadow palette)
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P296022&categoryId=RVP

Living Proof Thicking Cream (the bestest)
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P254603&categoryId=RVP

Guerlain Meteorites Powder
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?categoryId=A17&id=P266308

Debating about the Nars Botan Kabuki Brush (serious retail therapy..)
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?categoryId=A17&id=P214800

babyonway
10-21-2011, 12:22 AM
I am thinking of picking up a blow dryer from Sultra, since buying the Sultra curling iron has pretty much CHANGED my life. I can now do lucious beachy waves in seconds. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Am wondering if the blow dryer can really make a difference...will have to see.

What curling iron do you have?

lovebebes
10-21-2011, 01:26 AM
I have the sultra bombshell. It's clamp-less, which is perfect for me since I always just wrapped sections of my hair around the iron's barrel while holding the end of hair section with my fingers,and never actually clamped my hair..I think the curls look way more natural this way.
The Bombshell makes the curl shiny, bouncy and so pretty, literally in a second. I was so blown away the first time I tried it. I also find it incredibly easy to use, and don't get at all the comments of "learning curve" or the necessity for a protective glove (but again that could be because I always technically used my irons as "clamp-less").

oneplustwo
10-21-2011, 07:41 AM
I just picked a new Tarte tinted moisturizer a few days ago at a Sephora in JC Penney and just confirmed it does still have retinyl palmitate. That way it will save you a trip. I wish they would take it out.

Bleh. Wish they would take it out too. Thanks for saving me a trip!

pinkmomagain
10-21-2011, 09:08 AM
I am thinking of splurging on these:
http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P42787&categoryId=C14816

Anyone have experience with these Dr. Gross Alpha Beta peels?

luli13
10-21-2011, 09:20 AM
I am thinking of splurging on these:
http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P42787&categoryId=C14816

Anyone have experience with these Dr. Gross Alpha Beta peels?

I was just going to post that I bought another box of these. I have turned a few of my friends on to them. I will say that I don't have sensitive skin, combination/dry, and I still only use them 2 *maybe* 3 times a week, and I have the regular strength. My girlfriend uses them but compalined that it stung a bit the first few times she used them, just FYI. I am on my third box- I like them so much. I recommend them as a few-times-a-week exfoliator. Any other questions just ask.

I alos picked up Bobbi Brown toner (this is a regular for me), Laura Mercier TM, and JM Argan Oil (I have tried the Dermaorganics- think that is the name- 100% organic from Amazon and for some reason it is just not the same as the JM).

ETA- Also, I suggest if you are not going to use them daily to get the individually packaged peels because then they won't dry out and will last longer. They are also easier to travel with.

FTMLuc
10-21-2011, 09:20 AM
In my cart...

Guerlain Meteorites Powder
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?categoryId=A17&id=P266308

[/url]

I have it from a few years back and just LOVE LOVE LOVE it as an all over face and chest finishing powder.

pinkmomagain
10-21-2011, 09:26 AM
I was just going to post that I bought another box of these. I have turned a few of my friends on to them. I will say that I don't have sensitive skin, combination/dry, and I still only use them 2 *maybe* 3 times a week, and I have the regular strength. My girlfriend uses them but compalined that it stung a bit the first few times she used them, just FYI. I am on my third box- I like them so much. I recommend them as a few-times-a-week exfoliator. Any other questions just ask.

I alos picked up Bobbi Brown toner (this is a regular for me), Laura Mercier TM, and JM Argan Oil (I have tried the Dermaorganics- think that is the name- 100% organic from Amazon and for some reason it is just not the same as the JM).

ETA- Also, I suggest if you are not going to use them daily to get the individually packaged peels because then they won't dry out and will last longer. They are also easier to travel with.

Thanks! I was deciding whether or not to get the regular or extra strength and I think I might get the pack of regular individual packs that has a few extra strenght ones thrown in so that I can see the difference.

By the way, I have been using this:

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P203616&categoryId=B70

And I've been pretty happy with this, but thought I'd try the Dr. Gross pads and see if I like 'em better when the Ren runs out. I do use the Ren more than once a week...every two or three days.

stinkyfeet
10-21-2011, 10:06 AM
I have the sultra bombshell. It's clamp-less, which is perfect for me since I always just wrapped sections of my hair around the iron's barrel while holding the end of hair section with my fingers,and never actually clamped my hair..I think the curls look way more natural this way.
The Bombshell makes the curl shiny, bouncy and so pretty, literally in a second. I was so blown away the first time I tried it. I also find it incredibly easy to use, and don't get at all the comments of "learning curve" or the necessity for a protective glove (but again that could be because I always technically used my irons as "clamp-less").

I have this too! It's great and SO easy to use. There are some good "how to" videos on you tube.

wendibird22
10-21-2011, 10:40 AM
I bought BE prime time for eyes (just noticed this morning I was almost out) and BE cleanser and moisturizer. I love BE products and they really never go on sale so this was a good chance to stock up. Oh and I bought the small size Josie Maran oil since you all rave about it so.

lcarlson90
10-21-2011, 10:54 AM

I am glad to hear you like them. I just ordered the Clarisonic Mia package and one of the things it comes with are these peels. I am looking forward to trying them.

sntm
10-21-2011, 03:33 PM
and I still only use them 2 *maybe* 3 times a week, and I have the regular strength. My girlfriend uses them but compalined that it stung a bit the first few times she used them, just FYI. I am on my third box- I like them so much. I recommend them as a few-times-a-week exfoliator.

Ditto this. I love them. almost equivalent to my occasional glycolic peels at the spa.

mikala
10-21-2011, 04:22 PM
I haven't purchased anything....yet.... but wanted to put a link out there to my favorite makeup review board. I've discovered several favorite products there over the years and have learned to always check the reviews before shelling out too much $$.

http://www.makeupalley.com/

pinkmomagain
10-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Wondering if anyone has recommendations for Nars blush colors. I recently purchased orgasm and I like it OK. It actually was dropped and so it basically dust right now, so I am going to purchase another blush, but I don't think I want to get orgasm. It's peachy pink and I think I prefer something a little more rosey but very natural looking. I know I should just go into a Sephora, but I'm just not finding the time right now...So if there is something you like, I'd love to hear about it!

ETA: I see there are some great videos on you tube showing swatches of nars blush colors. I actually think I may get the color deep throat...if you are wondering about colors, you tube is a great place to search. Lots of makeup tutorials, etc.

mjmamma
10-21-2011, 05:58 PM

I love this stain. I think Flush is the most universally flattering shade. I'm not fair but a very light olive without a tan. It gives you a glowy punch of color, not cakey or obvious. It lasts forever too. I think it's worth the money and I'll rebuy it when needed.

I'm going to try Benefit's High Beam, I see it written up & well reviewed so often. And because of this thread, I'm going to try Clinique's Honey Black Almost Lipstick!

3isEnough
10-21-2011, 06:13 PM
I love this stain. I think Flush is the most universally flattering shade. I'm not fair but a very light olive without a tan. It gives you a glowy punch of color, not cakey or obvious. It lasts forever too. I think it's worth the money and I'll rebuy it when needed.

I'm going to try Benefit's High Beam, I see it written up & well reviewed so often. And because of this thread, I'm going to try Clinique's Honey Black Almost Lipstick!

Thanks to you and the PP for your input on the cheek stain. I ended up going with Blissful, which they describe as a warm peachy pink. It sounded good but I dunno. There's a Sephora nearby if I end up hating the color and need to change. I'm excited to try the cheek stain, I used to wear a powder blush and then for no particular reason stopped wearing it, so I'm interested in getting a little cheek color.

mjmamma
10-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Thanks to you and the PP for your input on the cheek stain. I ended up going with Blissful, which they describe as a warm peachy pink. It sounded good but I dunno. There's a Sephora nearby if I end up hating the color and need to change. I'm excited to try the cheek stain, I used to wear a powder blush and then for no particular reason stopped wearing it, so I'm interested in getting a little cheek color.

I think you'll like it, it's more natural.. good luck!

Twoboos
10-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Can anyone recommend an under eye cream or gel or whatever? I have dark circles and puffiness.

I tried Ole Henrickson Ultimate Eye Lift Gel and don't think it did much. I was looking at Origins GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream but it's OOS.

Anything you love that seems to work?

stinkyfeet
10-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Wondering if anyone has recommendations for Nars blush colors. I recently purchased orgasm and I like it OK. It actually was dropped and so it basically dust right now, so I am going to purchase another blush, but I don't think I want to get orgasm. It's peachy pink and I think I prefer something a little more rosey but very natural looking. I know I should just go into a Sephora, but I'm just not finding the time right now...So if there is something you like, I'd love to hear about it!

ETA: I see there are some great videos on you tube showing swatches of nars blush colors. I actually think I may get the color deep throat...if you are wondering about colors, you tube is a great place to search. Lots of makeup tutorials, etc.

I have Nara in deep throat. I like it better than orgasm and sin which I had in the past. I use a light bronzes on my cheeks first, then a add a bit of deep throat to the apples of my cheeks. It looks very natural.

I tried the tarts cheek stain at the store a while back. I didn't like how my cheeks felt sticky after application.

pinkmomagain
10-21-2011, 09:29 PM
I have Nara in deep throat. I like it better than orgasm and sin which I had in the past. I use a light bronzes on my cheeks first, then a add a bit of deep throat to the apples of my cheeks. It looks very natural.

I tried the tarts cheek stain at the store a while back. I didn't like how my cheeks felt sticky after application.

Super! Thanks!

elbenn
10-21-2011, 09:53 PM
I used to have a Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush that I loved, but I lost it. They are $25 which is so expensive. Can anyone recommend a good eyeliner brush that is less expensive?

luli13
10-21-2011, 10:37 PM
I used to have a Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush that I loved, but I lost it. They are $25 which is so expensive. Can anyone recommend a good eyeliner brush that is less expensive?

I actually just watched a tutorial on you tube ( I know, where's the "loser" smiley) and Lisa Eldridge recs a mabelline gel liner and raves about the liner brush that comes with it. $5.99 for the gel and the liner brush!

Here is the link to some of her favorite products- so interesting and I love to listen to her talk :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29m4YF7uGPo&feature=related

lovin2shop
10-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Pinkmomagain, I have Nars blush in Sin and it is touted as a good option if you have a light to medium olive complexion. It is much better for me than orgasm, which is a bit too light peachy. Haven't tried the Deep Throat, but have heard good reviews on that one as well.

pinkmomagain
10-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Pinkmomagain, I have Nars blush in Sin and it is touted as a good option if you have a light to medium olive complexion. It is much better for me than orgasm, which is a bit too light peachy. Haven't tried the Deep Throat, but have heard good reviews on that one as well.

Thank you! I ordered deepthroat but I'm going to try to get into Sephora and check out the colors -- including Sin -- and exchange if I need to when the shipment arrives. Glad to hear I'm not only that Orgasm is not quite working for...

elbenn
10-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Here's what I bought:

JM argan oil
Tarte blush stick
LM tinted moisturizer
UD Naked palette

I spent way more than I was going to. The suggestions on this thread and also the excellent return policy helped me decide to place a larger order.

boolady
10-25-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm bumping for two reasons...

I'm another one who loves Nars blush in Deep Throat. Works much better for me than Orgasm ever did.

Also, I'd like to try and switch up my skincare regime. And yes, at this point, it needs to move beyond a regimen to a regime.

I've used Philosophy for a while, but does anyone have any strong feelings about the Korres or Ole Henrikksen anti-aging lines? I'm interested in both. I need something to address anti-aging for dry skin.

turtle12
10-30-2011, 09:12 PM
just wanted to say thanks for the recommendation for the dr gross peels. received my box, and they are AWESOME! i think i'm totally getting addicted to them!

i cut the little towels in half just to make my supply last a little longer (and stick them back in the foil and into a ziplock).

thanks again!

larig
10-31-2011, 03:26 AM
wow, I just did some damage. thanks for tips.

baileygirl
11-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Any updates on how people like what they ordered?

Nechums
11-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Loving the urban decay eyeshadow primer. That stuff is magical. I'm loving their return policy, too, because that's where most of the stuff I ordered is ending up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vludmilla
11-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Love: the Dr. Gross peels, Josie Maran argan oil, Urban Decay naked palette and 24/7 pencils
Returning: Lancome eye cream, tarte lip gloss, Nars blush

wendibird22
11-09-2011, 09:04 PM
So far loving the Josie Maran argon oil.

m448
11-09-2011, 09:24 PM
for those of you loving the argan oil, here's a great place for the refills:

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/3987807/3777591.htm

No need to pay for advertising markeup when you can get cold pressed, organic argan oil sourced from the some place. I also highly recommend the tamanu oil especially if you have residual acne marks.

wellyes
11-09-2011, 09:28 PM
I got:
Laura Mercier setting powder & fan brush - undecided
Tarte Lip Tinte - nice. i got the 3 pack, the 4 pack was sold out.
Urban Decay Naked Pallette - haven't tried yet.

I think I am going to return most of it and get this http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P295702&categoryId=C21157&shouldPaginate=true because I'm boring like that. I just wish the lipstick wasn't red.

wolverine2
11-09-2011, 09:47 PM
I got:
Laura Mercier setting powder & fan brush - undecided
Tarte Lip Tinte - nice. i got the 3 pack, the 4 pack was sold out.
Urban Decay Naked Pallette - haven't tried yet.

I think I am going to return most of it and get this http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P295702&categoryId=C21157&shouldPaginate=true because I'm boring like that. I just wish the lipstick wasn't red.

I got that set, and I'm thinking of returning it. I like the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, but I'm not sure I would use all the other stuff (or already have it separately) and it would be cheaper to go back and just get the moisturizer by itself. Still undecided.

Love the Urban Decay Naked eyeshadow palette.

Returning Tarte lip stuff- I got the matte b/c the other was sold out, and I don't like it.

jgenie
11-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Will Sephora accept returns on items you tried but didn't like? TIA

stinkyfeet
11-09-2011, 10:32 PM
I am keeping:

Ole Henriksen ulitmiate eye lift gel for night
Ole Henriksen total truth eye creme for day
Ole Henriksen Truth revealed super creme for day

I'm returning:
Yves st Laurent touché Éclat highlighter

In my basket for the the Sephora VIB 20%off sale that starts tomorrow :bag
Illamasqua eye brow cake
Ole Henriksen truth serum collagen booster
Urban decay naked pallette

I'm curious about the dr gross peels but Im nursing and don't think that I can use them.:cry:

vludmilla
11-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Will Sephora accept returns on items you tried but didn't like? TIA

Yes. Cool, huh?

pinkmomagain
11-10-2011, 08:55 AM
I am keeping:

Ole Henriksen ulitmiate eye lift gel for night
Ole Henriksen total truth eye creme for day
Ole Henriksen Truth revealed super creme for day

I'm returning:
Yves st Laurent touché Éclat highlighter

In my basket for the the Sephora VIB 20%off sale that starts tomorrow :bag
Illamasqua eye brow cake
Ole Henriksen truth serum collagen booster
Urban decay naked pallette

I'm curious about the dr gross peels but Im nursing and don't think that I can use them.:cry:

What is this sale that you speak of?
How is are those Ole Henriksen products working for you? What changes are you noticing? I do have the truth serum and like it...but not sure why.

khalloc
11-10-2011, 09:11 AM
I love Ole Hendricksen!

I like the Ole Henricksen Sheer Transformation Creme. I love the texture of it. It moisturizes well, smells good, and I like that it is light weight. It doesnt feel greasy to me.

I also like the Invigorating Night Gel. Though, if I use it every night, the sides of my nose start to get really dry. So I am laying off it. It would probably be good to use like every other night for me. Usually I am too lazy to wash my face and put stuff on before bed though.

I am buying:

Shiseido Benefiance Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream. I had a sample that I just used up that I liked.

Clarins Sun Wrinkle Control Eye Contour Creme. We are going to Barbados in a few weeks and I use this stuff on my face and the kids' faces. its SPF 30 and doesnt sting your eyes. Love it!

stinkyfeet
11-10-2011, 10:42 AM
What is this sale that you speak of?
How is are those Ole Henriksen products working for you? What changes are you noticing? I do have the truth serum and like it...but not sure why.

It is a VIB special event sale from 11/10-11/14. I think that if you spend enought at sephora, you become a VIB member.

I really like the ole Henriksen products. I don't really have too many skin issues (in my early 30's). I have been using sheer transformation for the summer months. I really liked it, but I noticed I needed more moisture since its starting to get cooler.

The truth revealed super creme is really nice. It smells delicious! I usually prefer my products to have no smell, but I really enjoy this one. IT smells a little like a dreamsicle. It is richer than sheer transformation which I had wanted, but it is not so rich that it causes my skin to breakout or milia (little white bumps from clogged pores). I feel like it also absorbs into my skin vs just sitting on top of it. I have combination skin, and it does not make my skin greasy at all.

The Total truth eye creme is nice too. It is rich, but not greasy or heavy. It provides the moisture my eye area craved. No problems with milia either. I like that it has SPF 15. No problems with eye makeup. I only need to use a dab for each eye, so I know it will last a while.

The ultimate eye lift gel does feel a little sticky on my skin, but it is recommended for night use, so no problems there. The first morning after I used it, it made my eyes more puffy--I guess my skin was getting used to it. I don't have that problem anymore. It provides good moisture without feeling heavy. I feel like it plumps up my fine lines for the morning.

I wear contacts and don't have any problems with these eye creams. They don't make my eyes sting either!

I like the truth serum too. I forgot to add it to my cart last time.

Ole's "Truth" line works well for my skin type. I had wanted something that provides good moisture that absorbs into my skin well. I wanted something more natural without some of the harsher anti aging chemicals since I'm nursing. I think that I also have realized that my skin doesn't need the uber expensive rich face and eye creams either--I think that they are probably better suited for someone much older than i am.

I really am a product junkie :bag and hardly ever buy the same skin care brand or item twice unless I really like it.

pinkmomagain
11-10-2011, 10:56 AM
It is a VIB special event sale from 11/10-11/14. I think that if you spend enought at sephora, you become a VIB member.

The Total truth eye creme is nice too. It is rich, but not greasy or heavy. It provides the moisture my eye area craved. No problems with milia either. I like that it has SPF 15. No problems with eye makeup. I only need to use a dab for each eye, so I know it will last a while.

Hmmm...got to look into that VIB thing.

Thanks for your reviews. In the past I've had a hard time with milia...particularly around the eye area, so I don't use any products around my eyes anymore. But I do feel like I need moisture around them (being over 40). Good to hear that this line has been successful for you. I just might try the eye creme.

stinkyfeet
11-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Hmmm...got to look into that VIB thing.

Thanks for your reviews. In the past I've had a hard time with milia...particularly around the eye area, so I don't use any products around my eyes anymore. But I do feel like I need moisture around them (being over 40). Good to hear that this line has been successful for you. I just might try the eye creme.

I'm not quite sure how it works, but I'm pretty sure you have to be a Sephora Beauty Insider first (like a grocery store club card), and if you spend so much, they automatically make you a VIB. It's not really a big deal--you just get extra perks like better freebies (got introduced to ole line with a free 3 little wonders deluxe sample set), and better promotions.

baileygirl
11-10-2011, 04:29 PM
on sephora's website it indicates you need to spend 350.