PDA

View Full Version : Britax bought bob! Holy stroller!

strollerqueen
10-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Company broadens stroller line with purchase of America’s premier jogging stroller company—

Chertsey, U.K., October 20, 2011 — Two of the top brands in the juvenile products category are coming together under the BRITAX umbrella. BRITAX, the world’s premier manufacturer and marketer of children’s car safety seats and strollers, today announced the acquisition of BOB, a leading, innovative, high-quality maker of jogging strollers.

BRITAX successfully expanded into the stroller market by launching its B-Series of strollers in recent years (B-READY, B-SMART, B-MOBILE and B-SCENE). The company complemented its stroller offering earlier this year when it introduced its innovative, quick-folding B-AGILE stroller. Customers value the strollers’ versatility, light weight and easy-use characteristics. BRITAX car seats and strollers are sold globally in all major retailers and specialty stores.

BOB, which began in 1994 as a manufacturer of bicycle trailers, is widely considered America’s premier provider of innovative, design oriented high quality “sport utility,” or jogging strollers. BOB’s line of successful products includes the BOB Revolution SE and CE, as well as BOB Ironman®, BOB Sport Utility Stroller and the BOB Stroller Strides®*Fitness Stroller. Based in Boise, Idaho, the company now makes a full line of multi-functional strollers and accessories that is sold at retailers and specialty stores across the U.S. and Canada. Its strollers are compatible with popular infant car seats on the market today.

“Families want products that fit their lifestyles,” said Karl Kahofer, CEO of BRITAX Child Safety, “and BRITAX is committed to developing products and technologies that provide safe mobility and comfort for children around the world. This commitment is reflected in the design and engineering of all our products — especially our B-Series strollers and accessories.

“We’ve admired for some time BOB’s ingenuity and commitment to customers and are convinced that its products, customer service, and business ethics make it a natural fit for BRITAX. This purchase reinforces BRITAX global leadership in child safety and mobility, and is fully in line with our international growth strategy. We have no plans to change the BOB name; in fact we are excited to expand the BOB product range globally.”

BOB cofounder and CEO, Roger Malinowski, is equally enthusiastic about the acquisition. “When we started this company more than fifteen years ago,” he said, “we simply wanted to design and manufacture the world’s best single-wheel bike trailers, and later, the world’s best strollers for active, sports-minded parents. When you look at the thoughtful engineering behind the BRITAX stroller line and the revolutionary design behind its car seats, you can see why our two companies will fit well together.”

The parties have agreed to not disclose the purchase price.

tribe pride
10-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Whoa! I seriously hope it doesn't compromise BOB's quality.

I think some people have argued that's what happened to MB's quality when P&T bought them out. I know that my current P&T is nowhere near the quality of my old made-in-NZ MB, but I don't know how it compares to the quality of the newer MBs.

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens. Maybe BOB will come out with a more diverse line of strollers- more urban friendly or car friendly?

legaleagle
10-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Very interesting news! I guess whatever else, Britax is known for stellar customer service.

arivecchi
10-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Someone is definitely going after Baby Jogger!

Love Britax and like BOB, so hopefully, it's a good match.

plusbellelavie
10-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Wow!

Love both companies and their products so hopefully they will be a great combo!

larig
10-20-2011, 11:49 AM
love them both.

MamaBear
10-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Britax posted the news on FB - woah!

hoodlims
10-20-2011, 05:20 PM
I have both, awesome! Now Britax needs to start selling optional BOB-like AT wheels to pop on their B-Ready. It would be a perfect world. :)

Khalana
10-21-2011, 07:51 PM
I have both, awesome! Now Britax needs to start selling optional BOB-like AT wheels to pop on their B-Ready. It would be a perfect world. :)

Yes, please! :bighand: