PDA

View Full Version : Marshmallow Pops?

DietCokeLover
10-20-2011, 12:16 PM
Has anyone made these before? I'm talking about taking a large marshmallow, putting a lollipop stick in it and then dipping it partially in melted colored candy/ chocolate. Any tips?

How far in advance do you think these could be made before the event they were needed at?

Tondi G
10-20-2011, 03:23 PM
we are going to make these this Saturday but the kids will probably eat them that day so I am not sure how long they will keep. I would assume they will last for a bit if you put them in plastic bags. I think completely dipped in chocolate would keep the marshmallow fresher.

http://asimplyklassichome.blogspot.com/2011/10/31-days-of-simply-homemade-day-5.html

I just saw these today and think they are super cute too!

http://www.lovefromtheoven.com/2011/09/29/marshmallow-pumpkin-pops-for-halloween-with-sugary-skulls/

Melbel
10-20-2011, 03:31 PM
I did some marshmallow pops when I was tired of making cake pops and I had more space to fill.

Through experimentation, I found that the vanilla bark from Walmart (very inexpensive), mixed with some of the colored chips and a little Crisco worked well. I only heated at 50% power. After dipping, I then covered with some sprinkles.

DietCokeLover
10-20-2011, 06:57 PM
http://asimplyklassichome.blogspot.com/2011/10/31-days-of-simply-homemade-day-5.html

Those are so cute. I'm doing red ones and turquoise ones for DC's Thing 1 and Thing 2 birthday party next month.

Melaine
10-20-2011, 07:02 PM
I did some for the girls' birthday last week. They were TONS easier than cake pops and we used some sprinkles in various colors, they turned out really cute. The kids actually liked them even more than the cake pops because I did the sprinkles on the marshmallow pops.
As far as making them ahead, I made them last Wednesday and I ate a cake pop today and it was delicious, though not super fresh tasting. I don't know about the marshmallow pops, but I think several days ahead would be ok as long as you are putting them in the tiny baggies that are airtight, which is what I did.

Wish we could come to the party!!!

DietCokeLover
10-20-2011, 07:55 PM
I did some for the girls' birthday last week. They were TONS easier than cake pops and we used some sprinkles in various colors, they turned out really cute. The kids actually liked them even more than the cake pops because I did the sprinkles on the marshmallow pops.
As far as making them ahead, I made them last Wednesday and I ate a cake pop today and it was delicious, though not super fresh tasting. I don't know about the marshmallow pops, but I think several days ahead would be ok as long as you are putting them in the tiny baggies that are airtight, which is what I did.

Wish we could come to the party!!!

Us too! Get in your van and head west! :wink2:

Pennylane
10-22-2011, 04:41 PM
I made the candy corn ones last week. They turned out adorable and were so easy to make. 2131

I used wilton melting candy from AC Moore. They stayed fresh in the plastic bags about 3 days, so I wouldn't make them too far in advance.

Ann

DietCokeLover
10-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Ann those are so cute! Thanks for the three day info, I figured they wouldn't stay fresh too long, but I wasn't sure how long would work.

zoestargrove
10-24-2011, 10:15 PM
those candy corn marshmellow pops are adorable!

mytwosons
10-30-2011, 08:35 AM
Tondi, thanks for posting the link to the sugary skulls. I made them this weekend. Super easy and a big hit! Even my DS who doesn't like marshmallows loved them.