PDA

View Full Version : How much did you spent on stuff for your kids this year (backpacks, bottles, toys etc

diamond
10-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Deleted

WatchingThemGrow
10-20-2011, 01:21 PM
There's no way I could count. I'm sure it has been a billion. I've tried to get cool things very inexpensively, but still... A LOT. How did you tally it all up?

SnuggleBuggles
10-20-2011, 01:25 PM
No idea but the thing is that if you have more than 1 kid you will barely need to buy any of that stuff again!!!

Beth

Jo..
10-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Backpacks and water bottles = zero.

They both use theirs from last year (camelbak bottles. Adam has a PBK backpack and Leah has a Stephen Joseph one).

Clothes: a couple of hundred each. I try to buy on swap and buy ahead, but I am picky about clothes and put DS into mostly Boden and Monsoon, DD into mostly Hanna and Pumpkin Patch.

Toys=zero. I have enough toys in the gift closet for several years. Every Christmas and Birthday I just pull from there.

Shoes=$100? Their feet grow so fast.

diamond
10-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Deleted

ett
10-20-2011, 01:37 PM
There's no way I could count. I'm sure it has been a billion. I've tried to get cool things very inexpensively, but still... A LOT. How did you tally it all up?

:yeahthat: I honestly have no idea and I don't think I want to know!

vdrake71
10-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I did not really buy any new clothes or backpacks. Also, are using lunch bags that were mine. I think the school supplies that the school requested was $25.00 for 2 boys. I did buy shoes for the 3 kids. Each kid received 2-3 shoes. I believe that was about $350.00.

maestramommy
10-20-2011, 04:36 PM
This year I bought Dora a new LE backpack because she needed a bigger one for K. Laurel got one as a bday gift, and Arwyn is using one I got for last year but was way too big for her.

I did spend about $10? on new lunchtotes for Dora and Arwyn because they needed them for snack, and will need them for lunch next year. Everyone is using water bottles from last year.

Clothes? Hmm, that's a tough one. I bought a lot of leggings this year and a new bathing suit and rash guard for Dora. Then everyone got new sneakers and Laurel got new dress shoes that I bought pretty much retail from Stride Rite because she needed them in a hurry and has wide feet, so I didn't mess around. I did also buy her new sandals on sale for next summer. So, all told, maybe $150.

Toys? Besides their one bday gift, nothing.

Now this is all guesswork based on memory, but I would say the total outlay for this year is about $200. Could be more, but I'd be willing to bet it's less. It has been significantly more spendy than previous years because I'm finding the size differential between Laurel and Arwyn is so small I'm practically stealing from Arwyn's closet to dress Laurel:tongue5: I've also spent a lot more on footwear because suddenly everyone's foot is growing so fast, and I'm not so gung ho on Target sneakers anymore.

AnnieW625
10-20-2011, 05:07 PM
For DD1 she got:
Lands End backpack, $30
Lands End lunch box, $15
Funtainer water bottle $13
Funtainer hot food container, $14
Camelbak replacement valves, $8
Sistema lunch cube, $5
Igloo ice cube sheets, 1.99 x2, 3.98
Less $10 off $40 coupon @ Lands End (Sears)
Total: $73.98

Melaine
10-20-2011, 05:08 PM
I refuse to answer that question and WHO do you think you are, DH?

AnnieW625
10-20-2011, 05:19 PM
I refuse to answer that question and WHO do you think you are, DH?

:rotflmao::hysterical:
I feel that way about the clothing thing and thankfully Dh doesn't hound me about it. Toys wise I think I have spent about $125 and most of that was dd1s American Girl Bitty Twin single doll and two outfits, glasses, and hair brush. I spend $900 a month on full time daycare for dd2 (and used to for dd1) so I am a firm believer that my kids din't need that many toys, but that's just me and if they really want something I tell the grandparents to get it for them:bag