PDA

View Full Version : Some maternity item "Love it"s !

daisymommy
10-20-2011, 06:37 PM
So I broke down and went shopping for a few items today, since I can't zip up my jeans anymore, and the pressure of the BellaBand makes me sick.

After trying on jeans at Old Navy, GAP, and Target, I was about to give up. Everything was just too big at this point. Then I hit Motherhood Maternity, which normally makes me cringe a little due to quality. But I'm so glad I did!

Their Secret Fit stretch jeans are sooo comfortable! The panel can be folded down in half, so it sits low under my tiny belly. Then it can be folded back up when you are bigger. But the jeans fit nice and form fitting kinda sexy ;) everywhere else on my body, and make me feel like I look great on the outside when I feel yucky inside. They are BO/GO 50% off right now, except for of course the "Super Stretch" version which was my favorite. So, I bought 2 pair, and treated myself. Fwiw, they fit very true to size.
http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=987390050&MasterCategory_Id=MC6

I also got a cute ruched long sleeve tee at Target, and 2 BeMaternity ruched tank-tops, which were pricey for a tank, but look amazing on my tummy :) I can wear them under my countless open cardigan sweaters which should still fit for quite awhile. Try them on, I think you all would like them!
http://www.target.com/p/Be-Maternity-Seamless-Ruched-Tank-Assorted-Colors/-/A-13742244

sntm
10-20-2011, 07:54 PM
my favorite so far was some pea in the pod sweats/leggings that i could live in. i luckily bought two pairs (one small, one medium). i wish i could wear them everywhere

http://www.apeainthepod.com/Product.asp?product_Id=6607190011&MasterCategory_Id=MC11

BDKmom
10-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Those tanks do look super cute! I will have to pick up a couple. For my last preganacy, I had 3 tanks from a pea in the pod, and wore the heck out of them, and they were not nearly as cute as those.

wallawala
10-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Those target tanks are great! I have three and wear them under shirts to smooth the belly out.

Love them!!!

daniele_ut
10-21-2011, 09:43 AM
I have those Be Maternity tanks in white and charcoal and love them too. I only have 1 pair of jeans and 2 pairs of cargos that fit right now so I will be headed over to Motherhood later today to pick up some of the jeans you linked. I need something inexpensive to get me through the next 7 weeks!

mctlaw
10-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Thank you so much for posting these, Daisymommy! I need to take inventory of what I still have that will work, I will definitely be getting those cute tanks though.

ahrimie
10-21-2011, 06:20 PM
I really loved the leggings with the full belly panel from Motherhood (but it was in the PIAD section). They were $40 but really worth it. SUPER SOFT!

Also, the Liz Lange maternity tanks from Target (but when you get bigger, it starts looking a little sheer, lol).

MSWR0319
10-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Anyone have a favorite brand of yoga/lounge pants? I need something to wear around the house or with sweatshirts,

ahrimie
10-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Anyone have a favorite brand of yoga/lounge pants? I need something to wear around the house or with sweatshirts,

I loved the one from gap maternity.. not the kind with the pull down band though, just went under the belly and was super comfortable while flattering. It's the moisture wicking type of fabric, so not 100% cotton.

lizzywednesday
10-21-2011, 10:52 PM

I wore Champion C9 fold-top, bootcut ones for my whole pregnancy. They're like these:

http://www.target.com/p/C9-by-Champion-Women-s-Semi-Fitted-Pants-w-Extended-Sizes-Assorted-Colors/-/A-13793210

I got them because they came in "tall" sizes and none of the maternity loungewear I was looking at did. (Also, I was cheap in the beginning & didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on clothes I wasn't going to wear again any time soon!)

daniele_ut
10-22-2011, 01:38 PM

I just bought some super soft lounge pants at Costco. They are RL Polo brand and they had 3 colors and matching hoodies. I think the pants were $19.99 and the hoodies were $24.99. I'm wearing them under my belly now, but I'll be wearing them post c-section as well. I'm definitely picking up another pair.

I also have 3 or 4 pairs of inexpensive Danskin yoga pants from Walmart. For $11, they work well for around the house. They are really thin, though. The RL pants are nice and warm.

AmyZ
10-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks for mentioning those RL pants from Costco. I was eyeing them the last time I went, and so this morning, I picked up 2 pair. All my Old Navy pants are too tight right now. The RL pants are a bit long, but I'm sure they will shrink. The "short" size was too short, so I went with the regular length.

ShanaMama
10-23-2011, 09:54 PM
As far as Motherhood's quality, when I bought clothes there for my first pregnancy they didn't last. I have one or two cozy sweaters that are very pilly but still good for comfort. But My BFF has a whole wardrobe of Motherhood things that have been passed from friend to friend. I am about the third or fourth person currently wearing these tops & they are in excellent condition. I'll have to check if they are different lines- I'm pretty sure Motherhood carries several brands. Otherwise I'd be inclined to think the quality improved over the years.

daisymommy
10-24-2011, 12:35 PM

I adore my Old Navy roll top yoga pants--both regular and maternity. I'm wearing the regulars (non-maternity) right now and they're great, and I have 3 pair of the maternity version in my storage totes from the last couple babies :)

maybeebaby08
10-24-2011, 01:03 PM
I love the JCPenney Duo SS/LS shirts, they're a great weight and quality and always on sale so usually only $10 for a great everyday casual shirt.

wimama
10-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Daisymommy - I loved those Motherhood panels. I had several pairs of their shorts. They are the only shorts/pants I had that didn't fall down. I have a very straight body shape. I have no waist even when I am not pregnant, and a pregnancy bump just makes my pants fall down even easier. I so hate having to pull up my pants every two steps. Those Motherhood shorts held up great and were so comfy. Oh, and with those pants you can't see the waist band showing as a lump under your shirt.:thumbsup:

I did baby my shorts a bit though and I hung them up to dry.

daniele_ut
10-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks for mentioning those RL pants from Costco. I was eyeing them the last time I went, and so this morning, I picked up 2 pair. All my Old Navy pants are too tight right now. The RL pants are a bit long, but I'm sure they will shrink. The "short" size was too short, so I went with the regular length.

I'm glad you like them! I didn't even notice that they had lengths until I got them home and saw the 32" inseam note on the tag. They are a bit long on me as well. I'll have to check out the short length when I go back. I meant to have dh pick up another pair on Saturday when he did the grocery shopping, but I forgot!

fumofu
10-24-2011, 11:42 PM
I bought a pair of demi-panel black pants from GAP last pregnancy. I wore that until the 2nd half of my last trimester when my belly got too big. And they were my postpartum pants for a good 3 months. I couldn't find them at GAP the other day. I really like the material, it's mostly cotton with a slight stretch.

I will need to buy another pair of demi-panel pants soon as my regular jeans are getting too tight.

BDKmom
11-07-2011, 02:15 PM
http://http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/special_sizes/maternity/pants_jeans/PRD~870508/Oh+Baby+by+Motherhood+MidBelly+StraightLeg+Jeans.j sp

Just went out to Kohl's today at lunch and found these. Decent overall fit, good length (they had petite lengths), and the mid belly seems to work if I roll over the waistband. Needed some transitional pieces, and everywhere I have looked so far seems to only have the full panel bottoms.

swissair81
11-07-2011, 02:45 PM
I don't wear pants, so I can't help with that. I did love my Gap jean skirts and Mama Spanx though. Target maternity is awesome. I also got a whole bunch of Motherhood tops that fit really well as I got big.