PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my Halloween Party for 2y olds

logan's mom
10-21-2011, 03:33 PM
I have having a Halloween party/playdate for 8 2 year olds. Its from 10 to 1pm and the kids will be in their costumes. There will also be 7 adults.

For the kids for lunch I am making "jack-o-lantern pizzas" (Mini pizza with cheddar cheese and pepperonis cut for eyes and a mouth.) They are also getting applie "goblin grins" - http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/ghastly-goblin-grins-114095.aspx

For snacking I am going to make "Yummy Mummy Spinach Dip" http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/yummy-mummy-spinach-dip-127609.aspx
I like the idea of these Cheesy Bone but don't like the dip...maybe marinara sauce instead. http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/cheesy-bones-127538.aspx

For a sweet snack, I am making candy corn cupcakes....see picture.

I have no clue what I am making the adults for lunch...something light since I am sure we will all be snacking. It doesn't have to be Halloweenish....

I will also have green sherbet punch that will be served from a fogging cauldron.

For activities:
*the kids will color a Halloween picture frame. (Hopefully we will take a group picture)
*the kids will have a "scratch-magic" pumpkin to color.

Each kid will get to take home: an oversized pumpkin sugar cookie, a necklace that lights up, a spider made with a pumpkin, and some stickers.

I know this is probably way too much, but I am so excited. Any suggestions??? TIA

Seitvonzu
10-21-2011, 03:55 PM
honestly?

that sounds like enough to me... i'm a person that LOVES a theme (i just had a "witch's tea" party this monday with a crazy menu, decorations, a magic shop set up for the kids to make potions (with a big cauldron) etc-- this was for 2 adult guests, 1 child guest and my child and myself. it was WAY over the top for 5 people :), but i think you've got it covered :)

is this a "normal" playdate group? i often find when i plan a themed playdate at least one of the kids will ask me "where is the X?" (whatever toy it is that i've moved out of the living room because it wasn't "in theme") they primarily play with the play kitchen and the pretend market/store-- so i have to find ways to keep those things in my theme...or the kids complain :) they barely eat anything and mostly the mother's notice my efforts (and i always have tons of food left)

my child is 2 months from 4...the kids are JUST getting into themes in a big way (they would get reallly into things like "farm" or "zoo" earlier, but still, just this year, really). before that, i did the themes to motivate myself, to rotate our toys (endless job :)) and to plan the food. lots of times i'd have "activities" and we wouldn't get to them... so i wouldn't be too broken up if the mom's have to decorate the picture frame or if it ends up as an extra "favor" or take-home activity.

enjoy-- sounds like a great party :)

logan's mom
10-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Yes, this is our normal playgroup. I won't be moving any of the toys, just decorating the dining room...where the food will be and placing the kid size picnic table in the foyer for crafts and food.

They'll probably just eat the cupcakes and nothing else, but I have had fun decorating and planning.

HannaAddict
10-21-2011, 07:45 PM
It sounds great but my only concern would be that three hours is just too long (unless you are thinking people will drop in and leave early, like an open house). My not quite two year old could not handle that long of a party and I think it is tough to do three hours even when they are a bit older. I would try and trim the time back, if you can. You know your audience best, and the punch might be for the adults, but in our neighborhood, but you never see juice at functions for under five year olds. My older kids would LOVE sherbert punch, but I would probably pass for my youngest, though as my third he did get french fries literally years before his siblings!

Have fun, it sounds like a fun party. Take lots of photos and then send them out afterward, our guests have loved that, especially in costume. They will be so cute.