PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to sell my MB Duo?

eh613c
10-21-2011, 04:58 PM
I bought our Duo in July and used it for neighborhood walks during the summer. Then we took it to the zoo and Disneyland. Last month I got the Quad (it was a great deal on snoop) and bought a HH. DS1 loves the HH. We haven't used the Duo lately and I'm wondering if it's time to sell it. Other than the walks around the neighborhood, the Duo is basically for all-day outings (such as the beach, amusement parks, etc) so DS1 can take a nap or lay down at the end of the day. We don't plan on going to Disneyland anytime soon. We have membership at the zoo so we don't stay there for the whole day.

As much as I don't want to part with it, a part of me wants to sell it because it's not used much. What do you all think?

hoodlims
10-21-2011, 05:04 PM
I am all about purging what you don't need. Sell it, especially since you have other options. I am sure you won't miss it much!

arivecchi
10-21-2011, 05:28 PM
How old are your DC?

eh613c
10-21-2011, 05:35 PM
How old are your DC?

3 y/o (40 inches) and 5 mos. DS1 still fits comfortably in it.

arivecchi
10-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Hmmmm. My DS1 always wanted to sit with his brother. Do you think your older child will be jealous if you sell it and he always has to ride the board? If you don't use it all, sell it, but your kids are still so young. I'd keep it for another year.

spannaz
10-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Hmmmm. My DS1 always wanted to sit with his brother. Do you think your older child will be jealous if you sell it and he always has to ride the board? If you don't use it all, sell it, but your kids are still so young. I'd keep it for another year.

:yeahthat:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wellyes
10-21-2011, 10:42 PM
I have an MBUD and it's been really good to have. My 3.5 year old never wants to ride the stroller for the beginning of long neighborhood walkks, but is often lying down or snoozing towards the end. You're a long way away from letting the kids take turns in the stroller so i'd definitely keep it for another year if I were you. Used strollers go much faster in spring anyway.

It does depend on how you use it. I have a free rider on my mbud, so DD can walk, sit or stand. For most outings she starts out on the free rider, we get to the park or library or playground, she runs around like crazy, and rides home sitting down.

poohbear
10-22-2011, 08:21 AM
I like the MBUD/Duo. I would just point out that it is NOT a good car stroller... It has a really long fold that doesn't fit into some trunks and it's heavy...
That said, I'm not sure there are many good AT "car strollers" - maybe the indie twin, and the upcoming city mini gt double (but who knows on that one since it's not out yet!)

arivecchi
10-22-2011, 09:42 AM
OP already has the Duo, so I think she knows it has a long fold. ;)

Yeah, all AT doubles are big and have a large fold. There is really no way around that issue unfortunately. That's why I used to love my Swift and HH combo for the car. I used that for malls, movies, outings to crowded places and then kept the Duo for longer outings, the zoo, etc. I think OP could keep doing that with her stroller combo.

poohbear
10-22-2011, 07:06 PM
OP already has the Duo, so I think she knows it has a long fold. ;)

Yeah, all AT doubles are big and have a large fold. There is really no way around that issue unfortunately. That's why I used to love my Swift and HH combo for the car. I used that for malls, movies, outings to crowded places and then kept the Duo for longer outings, the zoo, etc. I think OP could keep doing that with her stroller combo.

Sorry - I think I read the post completely wrong. Or I posted on the wrong thread. I thought OP said something about wanting a double car stroller(is there another thread about that?) :dizzy: Pregnancy brain...
ETA - I think I thought I was posting in this (http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=413725) thread...

Multimama
10-22-2011, 07:14 PM
If it were me, I would absolutely buy a quality baby carrier and sell the Duo. Five months is the perfect age to take turns riding in the stroller, IMO. :)

arivecchi
10-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Sorry - I think I read the post completely wrong. Or I posted on the wrong thread. I thought OP said something about wanting a double car stroller(is there another thread about that?) :dizzy: Pregnancy brain...
ETA - I think I thought I was posting in this (http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=413725) thread...LOL! I remember pregnancy brain quite well!

OP, I can almost guarantee, the second you sell it you will need it! Murphy's law.

eh613c
10-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Yes, the fold is huge and it's a PITA to put in and out of the car, but I still love it.

Arivecchi: I have the worst luck with Murphy's law. It's the reason why I don't really want to part with it.

I'll keep it for now and hopefully will get more mileage out of it next year. Thanks for all the response!