PDA

View Full Version : Halloween party tomorrow night...help

Nooknookmom
10-22-2011, 03:51 AM
I decorated for halloween, got DD2 all set costume wise and ran out of ideas for ME. We have a family member who goes nuts with her party and everone looks great. Except me if I don't get cutting.

I was a 20's flapper last yr and my dress turned out really cute (sequined thrift store find that I added red fringe to). It's too late for massive sewing but I have a stevie nicks-ish red/black satin dress in the closet, I could to something with.

My bff suggested "Lady Wawa", taping used water bottles to my body while donning a blond Lady Gaga getup :eek:

I am so lame this year! I may pull out my Blackhawks jersey and go as a hockey player...again. DH is no help and my 16 yo wanted us to go as Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez, just for a laugh. Not!

SnuggleBuggles
10-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Can you run to the store and buy a costume? I'd been eying the renaissance princess and Bat Girl costumes at Target before my friend decided not to have a party this year. (I won't dress up without that motivation.)

Can you pull together an 80s Valley Girl look? Leggings, off the shoulder shirt (just cut the neck hole on a shirt you don't care about), tie the shirt up on the side too, side ponytail and/ or big bangs and teased, socks on top of the leggings, work out shoes or no socks and pointy heeled boooties or heels.

Beth

shilo
10-22-2011, 12:14 PM
I was a 20's flapper last yr and my dress turned out really cute (sequined thrift store find that I added red fringe to). It's too late for massive sewing but I have a stevie nicks-ish red/black satin dress in the closet, I could to something with.

red and black satin dress? makes me think you could do some sort of vampire or zombie or a ghouly-queen of the night pretty easily? there are a ton of youtube tutorials on using drug store makeup or whatever you've got in your make up bag to make some pretty cool looking faces.