PDA

View Full Version : Where can one find European sham covers

arivecchi
10-22-2011, 10:30 PM
that are nice but not worth a fortune? I have not found much out there and those that I have found are about $40 each. I need 6! Preferably holiday ones.

TIA.

dukie41181
10-22-2011, 10:57 PM
I got ours for $16 each on clearance from Pottery Barn BUT they aren't holiday (they were the hemstitch ones so could still match otherwise holiday bedding). Good luck finding something that will work for you!

amldaley
10-23-2011, 11:42 AM
They are are a PIA to find. They always seem SO expensive! I don't buyed themed decor, so I don't know about Christmas shams specifically.

I have had limited luck with Overstock & The Company Store as well as Marshalls & Home Goods from time to time.

elektra
10-23-2011, 01:06 PM
We got some in a set at a tjmaxx home goods once. I bt they would have a decent holiday selection of bedding.

arivecchi
10-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks. I'll look there!

american_mama
10-26-2011, 12:10 AM
You mean for a square pillow, usually 26 x 26, right? I have just spend a not-insignificant amount of time looking for them IRL and a little online.

Bed, Bath and Beyond has them, including a random assortment on clearance. I got two beige ones for $10 each. At my store, the clearance ones were all grouped together, but the others were kind of interspered. A chunk of basic ones are with basic bedskirts and often about $25 each, as I recall, and then the fanciest ones were with the bedding sets they coordinated with. Most of them were $40. Insane. You can always use a 205 off BBB coupon.

Who didn't have them? Almost everyone else I checked... Marshall's, TJ Maxx, JC Penney, Sears. I don't think Kohls.com had them. Didn't check discount stores, but kind of doubt they'd have them. I cannot remember where I looked online... probably overstock.com and general googling.

I ended up feeling like it's a Bed Bath and Beyond conspiracy to get European shams as the new standard for a bedset. The pillows themselves ain't cheap, then the shams, then you need two of each.... and on it goes.

If you have any ability, they wouldn't be hard to make. My neighbor sews and she thinks it's criminal what a sham costs, European or otherwise.