PDA

View Full Version : missing team pictures - please tell me not a big deal

zoestargrove
10-23-2011, 10:57 AM
My son's team has pictures today. I realized yesterday that I put the wrong time in my calendar and accidentally double booked us, and he would much rather go to our other engagement than pictures. The kicker was when he told me he misses out on so much because of practices or games and that's true we've had to decline a number of invitations this fall.

while I don't care personally if we get a team or sports related picture I do feel like I'm letting down the other parents who might really want a team picture.

what to do?

janeybwild
10-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Do not stress. I love team pictures, but could not care a hoot who is missing. As long as you are ok with not having a pic, then don't worry.

Green_Tea
10-23-2011, 12:16 PM
I think team pictures are a ridiculous money making operation. There is no way I will care in 20 years who was on my kid's soccer team when they were six. Snap a shot of him in his uniform and call it good! No guilt required!

khm
10-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah, the only person who will care is the photographer who won't be getting $20 for you for a "package" of photos that will sit gathering dust in drawer. I stopped buying team pix when they were 5 or so after I realized I was spending $ to amass a useless stack. I have a zillion of my own action photos from games.