PDA

View Full Version : What a beautiful crappy day.

SASM
10-23-2011, 04:06 PM
DH is out of town. Took the kids to an evening Halloween event about 2 hours away yesterday...crazy chaos for me but the kids loved it. Got home really late but slept in late...almost missed church. Finally relaxing in church, the kids were in kids mass,came back all cuddly and following the rules in the pew. I looked down at my normally well-behaved 6.5yo DD...
Me: "What's in your mouth, DD?"
DD: "Gum."
Me: "Um...where did you get the gum?"
DD: "The floor."
Me: insert JAW DROP!!
Needless to say, no special bfast.

Fast forward to this afternoon, I was actually excited to feel like I was making progress on the laundry, weekend mess, etc. I started to transfer my dark laundry load to the dryer when I realized that I washed DD#2's absolute LAST Pull Up! After 8.5 years of disposables, I've NEVER done this...not once! Happy dance that we are completely done with diapers/PullUps but OMG what a way to go! :( I am following Pampers instructions to just dry the clothes but I am terrified. DH ruined DD2's favorite Hanna dress last month. Now I am close to ruining her second favorite. Fantastic. :( Hopefully the day will start looking up.

Uno-Mom
10-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Good luck! (That gum story will seem funny someday, when you look back at it. Hopefully. :)) At least he picked it up off the church floor and not off the street!

SASM
10-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks! :) I told DH about the gum and he was LHAO...nice!! Sooooo gross!!

oneplustwo
10-23-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm so sorry, but that gum story made me laugh hysterically . . a gag just a teeny bit. ;) Save that story for the kid's prom date! :)

MamaMolly
10-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Wanna post a photo or link of DD's ruined dress? Maybe one of us has one sitting around?