PDA

View Full Version : drinking glasses recs?

echoesofspring
10-23-2011, 05:08 PM
I seem to be nesting all over again, purging and upgrading stuff....and after 15+ years the glasses I got at goodwill just aren't cutting it anymore :)

Any recs? I'd like to see and feel them before we buy so that limits me to - Target, Walmart, Costco, BBB, Kohls, Cost plus, Ross...TIA

Nechums
10-23-2011, 05:30 PM
I have the siena glasses from William Sonoma and love them. They're so durable that they survived a throw from my then two year olds hand to the marble floor! They look pretty and stack nicely.

♥ms.pacman♥
10-23-2011, 05:32 PM
i got a set of Picardie Duralex glasses from Costco after reading so many here rave about them! They were like $24.99 i think, for a set of 24 (8 each in 3 different sizes, i think). I really like them...I like how they are stackable (saves so much space!). I also like how there are 3 different sizes (we will soon be letting DS use the smallest size, while we use the larger ones for ourselves).

Also, they seem pretty durable...one of them was dropped on the floor last week and it didn't break or crack or anything!

fauve01
10-23-2011, 05:58 PM
i got a set of Picardie Duralex glasses from Costco after reading so many here rave about them! They were like $24.99 i think, for a set of 24 (8 each in 3 different sizes, i think). I really like them...I like how they are stackable (saves so much space!). I also like how there are 3 different sizes (we will soon be letting DS use the smallest size, while we use the larger ones for ourselves).

Also, they seem pretty durable...one of them was dropped on the floor last week and it didn't break or crack or anything!

:yeahthat: ms pacman beat me to it! i picked up a box from costco and have been *thrilled* with them. I love love love that they stack. and they're tempered so you can have hot or cold in them--my mom used them for her hot tea when she was visiting. In France they use them for wine. they are breakable though--i dropped one on our tile floor and it shattered everywhere. i guess i'm one of the unlucky ones--in the reviews it seems like they bounce and don't break a lot of the times when they fall.

here's a link to the big thread with the costco item #, and a photo of the box (post 116):
http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=398304&highlight=picardie

HTH,
anne

KrystalS
10-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Those that have purchased the Duralex glasses, where can I get the best price if I'm not near a Costco?

MelissaTC
10-23-2011, 06:50 PM
They sell them at World Market/Cost Plus. Be sure to use a coupon!

echoesofspring
10-23-2011, 07:27 PM
I was just looking and they are also at BBB, although not nearly as good a deal as the set at Costco, thanks everyone!

MMMommy
10-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Another vote for the Duralex Picardie glasses! I donated all our other glasses after getting these, because none compare to these! Costco's price is a steal, and they still have them. Just saw them yesterday.

katydid1971
10-23-2011, 08:38 PM
I have the siena glasses from William Sonoma and love them. They're so durable that they survived a throw from my then two year olds hand to the marble floor! They look pretty and stack nicely.
I have these and I love them. I like the shape better than Picardie glasses. Both are tempered glass and will last a long time.

hillview
10-23-2011, 08:44 PM
Another vote for the Duralex Picardie glasses! I donated all our other glasses after getting these, because none compare to these!
:yeahthat: