PDA

View Full Version : Please help: Does a P3 take a graco?

meme9300
10-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Hi All,

Trying to help my SIL with a stroller. She lives in South America and we'll be bringing her a stroller in the coming months.

She has a Graco car seat already and is between the following (at my reco...)

She wants a semi-lightweight full featured stroller mostly for walks and the mall. (no offroad and small fold a plus) I am not a fan of the P3 in general but she saw it down there and liked it. Plus she really doesn't want to spend more than $200-$300 on a stroller.

However, I tried the Graco car seat with the P3 at BRU and couldn't figure out how the car seat could securely fit in the seat?! Can someone confirm if the following take the Graco and how? THANKS SO MUCH!!

1. Peg Perego P3

2. Inglesina Zippy (it is $300 on closeout on diapers.com and if she wants this one we are going to put in the difference)

3. Cybex Callisto

4. Maclaren XLR

Any one I am missing?

Thanks

spannaz
10-23-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm not sure about the P3 or Zippy, but the Callisto has a universal car seat adapter, and this site (http://strollersandprams.com/strollers/568/Maclaren-Techno-XLR/review-1.html) states that the Maclaren XLR is compatible with most major car seats. Actually here is the actual paragraph from the above link:

"It is obvious that Maclaren is trying to compete with Peg Perego with this Maclaren Techno XLR model as it is enabling the stroller to be compatible with car seats. According to the Maclaren official U.S website, this stroller will cater for most major U.S car seats, including the Peg Perego Viaggio, Graco Snugride and Britax Companion."

Personally, I'm a fan of the Cybex and Maclaren. The newest Cybex Callisto is supposed to have some great suspension, so may work nicely if she's not planning on getting an air tire stroller. And the canopy on it is amazing!

That's very nice of you to bring her a stroller from the States, and your willingness to chip in is awesome :bighand:.

Good luck!

Kaylee31
10-23-2011, 09:06 PM
The Aprica Presto Flat comes w/an adapter for Graco or Teutonia carseats.
http://www.albeebaby.com/aprica-presto-flat-stroller-premiere-red.html?
The Peg Si comes w/an adapter also-- says it accepts most carseats.
http://www.albeebaby.com/peg-perego-2010-si-lightweight-stroller-in-kiwi.html
What about the BJCM? Compact fold, and it's about the same weight as some as these full-featured umbrellas. You can get a 2011 for a good price right now ($160-$200) and buy the adapter separately. (Look on Ebay, they are much cheaper).
http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-city-mini-single-8-stroller-2011-black-fuchsia.html

meme9300
10-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks all! I had thought about the BJCM but I think she wants a stroller that is a bit more traditional-looking if you know what I mean....

My vote is either the cybex or the mac too...but she may just decide to go with the P3.

As far as the Graco goes, I do feel like I saw a review of the zippy somewhere saying it works with the Graco, but I just can't really get a straight answer about the P3 though....does anyone have one here and use a Graco with it?

spannaz
10-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Well according to the Peg website, it looks like its only compatible with the Peg seat (has some special snap in system). And there is no universal adaptor accessory for it. My guess is the Graco won't fit with the P3. But hopefully someone on here has tried it out or has some more info.

The nice thing with the Cybex and Mac's is that each has an optional carrycot. And the Cybex carrycot snaps into the frame :). Haha, I think I know where my preference is ;).

Hope you find something that works for her!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MommyAllison
10-24-2011, 02:07 AM
My Graco Snugride22 and P3 are from 2005, so take it with a grain of salt, but it does work. Back then, the P3 came with a belt type adaptor to attach the Snugride. You need to fully recline the P3, then set the Snugride in. We only did it a couple times, and it isn't nearly as secure as something that actually snaps in, but it does fit.

mariza
10-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Same here, in 2005/2006 I used my P3 with a Snugride and with a Graco Safeseat (same as snugride but higher weight limit and a tad bigger). If you placed it on the tray and lift the tray up a bit it used to "click" onto the tray. I personally never used the belt, but I also only used the carseat on the stroller in very limited situations, never for long walks or extended trips.