PDA

View Full Version : Quick help - will this bake?

ahisma
10-24-2011, 12:56 AM
It's DS2's first day to bring school treat tomorrow, he requested apple muffins.

I got back into town late, mixed them up, put them in the oven and bang - the power went out! No hope of it coming back in in the near future.

The oven was preheated to 350 degrees. There's no eggs, it's this recipe using dairy milk: http://www.5minutesformom.com/38910/vegan-apple-oatmeal-muffins/

Should I:

1) leave them in overnight and see how they turn out with the heat already in the oven, or
2) pull them and hope for power in the morning
3) give up and shop tomorrow, although I have NO time for it and there is nothing snack-worthy in my cupboards for that many kids?

mjs64
10-24-2011, 01:04 AM
JLeave them in--don't open the oven door. If they don't work though, prepare to shop. I wouldn't pull them out after they've already had some heat. Good luck!

Eta: but don't leave them in overnight. Give them longer than the bake time but no longer than an hour I'd say. Check on them after 30 min then 40. Overnight won't create a slow bake. Either there's enough heat now, or there isn't. The more I think about it though, the more I think you're going to have to shop. Not because they'll go bad but because they won't rise or bake all the way. Sorry! That's too bad.