PDA

View Full Version : MB Duo fold question

emily
10-24-2011, 10:04 AM
What the heck am I doing wrong? Isn't it supposed to lock when folded? Handlebar folded under? check. Front wheels unlocked and facing forward? chk. But as I lifted it to put in my Oddy, it just started to unfold.

Also, what's the best way to lift it? I had wheel marks all over me. OMG, I was not prepared for how much room it would take up in the car. Is it okay to put it in "standing" with footrest down and not lying flat? I wonder if it would get damaged somehow. I really need for this stroller to fit in the Oddy with the third row up once DC3 arrives next year.

arivecchi
10-24-2011, 10:48 AM
It has a manual lock (i.e. a strap to lock it).

Swissair81 has an oddy and a Duo. She can fill you in on how she places it in her trunk. I do think she uses a standing fold. I would place it with the wheels down and the footrest facing up.

emily
10-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Ah. The instructions didnt mention a strap in the folding section. Thanks.
Yes, I'm hoping swissair responds. I knew it was big but whoa! And DH refused to help his pregnant wife cuz "I would have to learn to do it myself anyway".

eh613c
10-24-2011, 01:46 PM
There's a strap?! It's a PITA to put in and out of the car. I don't have an Oddy but I have mine folded just how Arivecchi described in our RX350. It takes up the whole trunk!

scriptkitten
10-24-2011, 01:55 PM
i think the duet is the same fold and while i love that it stands folded, it would be nice if there was a quick lock (like the P&T vibe) or an auto lock. its annoying to lift in and out of the car when it feels like its unfolding on you. its also hard for me to unfold it in a parking lot without getting the metal wheel holder swivel thingies scratched up on the ground

arivecchi
10-24-2011, 02:34 PM
I grabbed my Duo by the footrest and the frame (behind the canopies) to lift it into my trunk. Not easy, but not harder than my old BJCCD. Both were hard to lift. I could store mine horizontally in my trunk, so no experience with the standing fold in a car/van.

emily
10-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks.