PDA

View Full Version : Madonna's brother homeless?

Globetrotter
10-24-2011, 12:35 PM
I found this really bizarre:

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2011/10/23/2011-10-23_madonnas_brother_is_homeless_living_under_bridg e_my_family_turned_their_back_on_.html

How could this happen when your sister is filthy, stinking rich???

nicepersonfl
10-24-2011, 12:37 PM
I found this really bizarre:

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2011/10/23/2011-10-23_madonnas_brother_is_homeless_living_under_bridg e_my_family_turned_their_back_on_.html

How could this happen when your sister is filthy, stinking rich???

If you brother is a no-good mooch & you finally get tired of it & cut him off...then the rest of the family gets burned one by one & cuts him off...it could happen.

TwinFoxes
10-24-2011, 12:45 PM
I think there's clearly more to the story, considering the article said he was fired by his father's winery. I'm thinking substance abuse and a family tired of bailing him out. I have a feeling it's not about the money, but about not wanting to enable him.

Or, she's just a horrible,horrible person. Hard to tell from the outside. :shrug:

vonfirmath
10-24-2011, 12:48 PM
I think there's clearly more to the story, considering the article said he was fired by his father's winery. I'm thinking substance abuse and a family tired of bailing him out. I have a feeling it's not about the money, but about not wanting to enable him.

This. I know enough people IRL that refuse to help relatives because of the relatives refusing to help themselves. Sometimes just handing a person money/providing them free shelter is NOT the most helpful thing.

3isEnough
10-24-2011, 01:03 PM
This. I know enough people IRL that refuse to help relatives because of the relatives refusing to help themselves. Sometimes just handing a person money/providing them free shelter is NOT the most helpful thing.

:yeahthat:

wellyes
10-24-2011, 01:17 PM
That's sad for him. But I think it's obvious when any able-bodied adult male is living on the street, in Michigan at all places, that there are other issues at play. It's not her fault, and him going to the press to say that it is says a lot about him. He seems desperate and vindictive. I'm sorry to know this about her family.

amldaley
10-24-2011, 01:36 PM
I seem to remember he stirred something up in the late 80's as well. There is no telling what happens within some families. We all have our issues.

ahisma
10-24-2011, 01:49 PM

Ditto. We tried for years to help my brother and failed miserably. Eventually he landed in prison where he cleaned up, sobered up, and got his GED. He's now married with 2 kids, a great wife, a job he's held for 4 years and owns a house. I firmly believe that if we had continued to support (enable) him he would have died from his addiction.

Globetrotter
10-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Yes, on second thought it MUST be substance abuse or some other addiction.

mmommy
10-24-2011, 02:25 PM

:yeahthat: BTDT. Sometimes helping means refusing what is traditionally thought of as "helpful".

carolinamama
10-24-2011, 02:42 PM

Or, she's just a horrible,horrible person. Hard to tell from the outside. :shrug:

I agree here. We have a similar situation with my brother (although he isn't homeless at the moment that we know of) but we have all tried to help so many times and been burned that we cannot enable his behavior any more.